•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year round college soccer!

Interesting article! Wonder if the the die hard ADs will buy into it

http://thesoccerobserver.com/2014/07...its-relevance/

If they are anxiously waiting for my vote, I say 'yes'.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Interesting article! Wonder if the the die hard ADs will buy into it

http://thesoccerobserver.com/2014/07...its-relevance/
      I like it and it makes sense. One issue they will have to work around is field usage; many soccer fields are used for lacrosse in the spring. But lights and field sharing should eliminate most of these conflicts

Comment

I like it and it makes sense. One issue they will have to work around is field usage; many soccer fields are used for lacrosse in the spring. But lights and field sharing should eliminate most of these conflicts
        Many soccer players do their Study Abroad in the spring. Another thing to think about

Comment

Many soccer players do their Study Abroad in the spring. Another thing to think about
          You are not studying abroad if you are on scholarship.

Comment

wrongo

Comment

Happens today. Some schools remove the spring semester or reduce it but you dont lose the entire thing

Comment

Happens today. Some schools remove the spring semester or reduce it but you dont lose the entire thing
                life is about choices. If you want to study abroad and play soccer, study abroad in the summer or during winter break

Comment

Not at Division 1 and most 2s. A lot of D3 players study aboard in the spring of Jr year. I've never heard of a player who does do it, come back for senior season in shape. Never!!!! If a D1 or strong D2 doesn't have an issue with it, as a scholorship player, you're most likely not in the future plans.

Comment

Not at Division 1 and most 2s. A lot of D3 players study aboard in the spring of Jr year. I've never heard of a player who does do it, come back for senior season in shape. Never!!!! If a D1 or strong D2 doesn't have an issue with it, as a scholorship player, you're most likely not in the future plans.
                    So let's see. Player X goes abroad Spring semester and doesnt come back in shape after training all summer. Ok, if you say so. But more to the point - our sons team has players doing this all the time and they are perfectly fine and are in the lineup the next fall season. So looks like your "Never!!!!" complete with the multiple exclamation points is wrong. Just because YOU havent seen doesnt mean it isnt true. How many baby pigeons have you seen in your life? Most likely the answer is 0 but that doesnt mean they dont exist.

Comment

life is about choices. If you want to study abroad and play soccer, study abroad in the summer or during winter break
                      Why when the schools policy works just fine?

Comment

How many baby pigeons have you seen in your life? Most likely the answer is 0 but that doesnt mean they dont exist.
                        LOL! Never really thought about this! :)

Comment

Why when the schools policy works just fine?
                          if we go to the full season soccer schedule, you think the coach (and school) will be OK with a player missing the second half of the season and playoffs/post season tournament to study abroad?

Comment

There are plenty of athletes who study abroad and come back in shape, lets be real here.

Comment

if we go to the full season soccer schedule, you think the coach (and school) will be OK with a player missing the second half of the season and playoffs/post season tournament to study abroad?
                              The school wouldnt care as much as the coach but ultimately I think the schools would step in and stop this from happening in my opinion. If this happens, other sports would probably follow like lax, field hockey. While we are at it, lets add baseball to the fall schedule and football to the spring.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X