Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This season they were 0-1 against NEFC. 1-2 against the Breakers. The win coming the week after they picked up the Breakers striker. They were 1-0 against Stars winning 3-2 in OT with all Select's goals being scored by that same striker. They had a great run at the end and obviously can compete at a high level but get the facts straight. Not sure where they would be without that striker but good for them for the run they went on.
    Pretty sad for the big clubs when they get beat by the mom & pop Select club on a pretty consistent basis.

Comment

Both, happy that you don't have to travel and mad because your stuck in maple.
      Don't believe the hype. My daughters U12 Select team was stuck in Maple last year and they beat top NEP teams, Stars, NEFC, Scorps, well you get the picture. Again all these leagues are just as watered down as the next.

Comment

Don't believe the hype. My daughters U12 Select team was stuck in Maple last year and they beat top NEP teams, Stars, NEFC, Scorps, well you get the picture. Again all these leagues are just as watered down as the next.
        Nep is consistently better than maple.

Comment

There are very few elite teams and players. If MA has 10 truly elite players in each age group, thats generous. The only true elite teams in MA are typically the top Stars, NEFC , and maybe Breakers teams U15 and older. Any younger its a few players here or there that make a difference. Once you have a few full 11v11 seasons under your belt, consisitently play top level competition and do well, have full consolidation of talent, few teams can be labeled elite.
          Does MA have any "true elite" boys teams? No?

Comment

Nep is consistently better than maple.
            Yep. That's what they tell the ignorant parents like you to hook them up.

Comment

as much as people want to pump the tires for NEP, top to bottom they aren't a better league. The top tier teams for the most part absolutely are filled with the best teams, but as soon as you get past the "elite" and "premier" teams, they are filled with players that on the whole are no better than many of the better MAPLE teams that are either club or "town club". If one of the lower level teams feel better because they say the are in NEP, so be it. But for the select group of really good teams, its not even close. and my son plays in Maple but is only a U10. If he turns into an elite player, I would absolutely want him playing on a top team in NEP or other premier league since that is where the best teams play.

Comment

who cares about U10, except that I would want to to play for the club that actually develops players to compete at highest levels. NEFC and SSS both do that, and SSS happens to be in maple, who cares. Most of the mom and pop clubs just don't have strong coaching.

But overall, if maple is so good, why is everyone leaving or trying to leave

Comment

as much as people want to pump the tires for NEP, top to bottom they aren't a better league. The top tier teams for the most part absolutely are filled with the best teams, but as soon as you get past the "elite" and "premier" teams, they are filled with players that on the whole are no better than many of the better MAPLE teams that are either club or "town club". If one of the lower level teams feel better because they say the are in NEP, so be it. But for the select group of really good teams, its not even close. and my son plays in Maple but is only a U10. If he turns into an elite player, I would absolutely want him playing on a top team in NEP or other premier league since that is where the best teams play.
                  Right now, the best teams in BU12 11v 11-U14 play in Maple.

Comment

who cares about U10, except that I would want to to play for the club that actually develops players to compete at highest levels. NEFC and SSS both do that, and SSS happens to be in maple, who cares. Most of the mom and pop clubs just don't have strong coaching.

But overall, if maple is so good, why is everyone leaving or trying to leave
                    NEP does good marketing, that's why. Any club can play NPL if accepted, they don't need NEP. Any club can play Region 1. GPS has a few strong team but most are crap. What does that tell you about the coaching?

Comment

Pretty sad for the big clubs when they get beat by the mom & pop Select club on a pretty consistent basis.
                      Please define "consistent basis". At the two age groups above the 13's, I don't think SSS has ever beaten the top stars teams, and many games were blowouts.

Comment

NEP does good marketing, that's why. Any club can play NPL if accepted, they don't need NEP. Any club can play Region 1. GPS has a few strong team but most are crap. What does that tell you about the coaching?
                        You are an idiot....Any club can not play NPL and there are requirements for entry for clubs and wild cards for very strong teams. Any team can not play Region 1, you have to win state cup and have a great showing in Regionals. GPS has more than a few strong teams, but only you are counting!

Comment

You are an idiot....Any club can not play NPL and there are requirements for entry for clubs and wild cards for very strong teams. Any team can not play Region 1, you have to win state cup and have a great showing in Regionals. GPS has more than a few strong teams, but only you are counting!
                          Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Comment

Right now, the best teams in BU12 11v 11-U14 play in Maple.
                            This is a joke, right?

Comment

Please define "consistent basis". At the two age groups above the 13's, I don't think SSS has ever beaten the top stars teams, and many games were blowouts.
                              That's because U15 and up lost many good players.

Comment

This is a joke, right?
                                No my friend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X