Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Funny you only mentioned CSU! Plus you don't know as much as you think you do. CSU 3&4 teams pay less than one thousand for the year. Pretty sure that's a little more than 50% less than the top 4 clubs 3rd & 4 th teams. Also think you are, if not incorrect from ignorance, then definitely trying to deceive the silent majority. The divisions for the 3&4 teams in NEP are grouped regionally, with a couple of exceptions, into north and south. Lastly stop acting like the drive to Maine is all the way up in Caribou. Portland Me. Is the same drive time as, from the Cape to Ludlow. In fact the average amount of travel in the NEP has been proven to be roughly the same as MAPLE, and in the case of the lower divisions a lot less. Last time I checked MAPLE teams haven't regionalized the 3rd division. The post smells like a certain husband and wife team trying to justify the direction they have taken their business. IMO, you would get a lot more traction if you stopped trying to tear down others, and sold yourself as the alternative and educating them why you've gone in this direction.
    hahaha Wrong. Clearly from the post you can see I am promoting town travel and not club. I picked CSU because they have weaker 2nd and 3rd teams than the larger clubs although that probably depends on what region you are talking about. As far as the husband and wife club you are likely talking about, they will undoubtedly get a lot of business from young players coming from town and Maple since they will likely do very well in Maple and that may be the top club many families in their region are exposed to along with SSS.

Comment

Only mentioned CSU because they're such a joke!
      CSU merged with Stingrays a few years ago. Stingrays offered local, lower cost, lower pressure, lower expectations soccer. They did well and ate into the market that CSU had dominated for 15 years. The CSU 3 and 4 teams are not competitive because they never were intended to be. They are simply the Stingrays teams that used to play for a different club and now have merged.

Historically, CSU girls only had one decent side per age group and lost key players at U13, 14 to bigger clubs.

The boys product has been much more consistent and has a more loyal following.

Thew move to NEP is simply to try to stem that flow of losing players. If NEP is offered locally, fewer are likely to leave to find it. Simple business.

The drop off from the top CSU sides to the second and third teams is steep.

Comment

Funny you only mentioned CSU! Plus you don't know as much as you think you do. CSU 3&4 teams pay less than one thousand for the year. Pretty sure that's a little more than 50% less than the top 4 clubs 3rd & 4 th teams. Also think you are, if not incorrect from ignorance, then definitely trying to deceive the silent majority. The divisions for the 3&4 teams in NEP are grouped regionally, with a couple of exceptions, into north and south. Lastly stop acting like the drive to Maine is all the way up in Caribou. Portland Me. Is the same drive time as, from the Cape to Ludlow. In fact the average amount of travel in the NEP has been proven to be roughly the same as MAPLE, and in the case of the lower divisions a lot less. Last time I checked MAPLE teams haven't regionalized the 3rd division. The post smells like a certain husband and wife team trying to justify the direction they have taken their business. IMO, you would get a lot more traction if you stopped trying to tear down others, and sold yourself as the alternative and educating them why you've gone in this direction.
        The husband/wife team you mention has a track record of not being able to work for anybody but themselves. Scorps, MPS, CSU all ended badly. Not sure this buyout is destined to be a long and happy relationship. Even money says that they part ways as soon as the non-compete is up. History is a stubborn thing.

Comment

The husband/wife team you mention has a track record of not being able to work for anybody but themselves. Scorps, MPS, CSU all ended badly. Not sure this buyout is destined to be a long and happy relationship. Even money says that they part ways as soon as the non-compete is up. History is a stubborn thing.
          Most likely from a CSU fangirl. I think the club you mentioned basically took all of the good players from your pool at U13 on down. As CSU's older teams age out it will start to look silly. In terms of history their club teams have grown in number and quality while the others have not. If you think otherwise just ask around that region.

Comment

Most likely from a CSU fangirl. I think the club you mentioned basically took all of the good players from your pool at U13 on down. As CSU's older teams age out it will start to look silly. In terms of history their club teams have grown in number and quality while the others have not. If you think otherwise just ask around that region.
            Wrong about any CSU affiliation. I think TD and his minions got what was coming to them.

Why the snark? What was said that wasn't true? The relationship at Scorpions, MPS and CSU all ended....badly. PTUSA was most successful when they were on their own. Remarkable run in a short amount of time. Now it has been sold and the shots will be called by the new owners. Not thinking it will be a blissful marriage over the long haul, based on very local and concrete examples. Time will tell........

Comment

Every time CSU is mentioned PT gets the blame. I think he has too many other things going on to worry about his past employers. I think the quote, like others, points to the fact that CSU has very few teams that can be considered " elite ". Changing leagues doesn't really change that fact.

Comment

Every time CSU is mentioned PT gets the blame. I think he has too many other things going on to worry about his past employers. I think the quote, like others, points to the fact that CSU has very few teams that can be considered " elite ". Changing leagues doesn't really change that fact.
                No different than any other club on the south shore, only so many "elite" players to go around.

Comment

Wrong about any CSU affiliation. I think TD and his minions got what was coming to them.

Why the snark? What was said that wasn't true? The relationship at Scorpions, MPS and CSU all ended....badly. PTUSA was most successful when they were on their own. Remarkable run in a short amount of time. Now it has been sold and the shots will be called by the new owners. Not thinking it will be a blissful marriage over the long haul, based on very local and concrete examples. Time will tell........
                  Think about it for a second.....FM and TD. Could you, or would you work with/for them? Probably not. Many have come and gone. The best thing PT did was create his own club. With this new partnership/support he'll have access to resources that weren't there before. Without them he has 30 + teams and a sizable business. I can only imagine he will create MUCH bigger and better things with financial backing and far bigger resources.

Comment

Call it what you want. Many of those clubs that left Maple took some really weak teams that would lose to many decent town teams. Those players are paying a lot of money to say they play in a "premier" league when they are in a bracket that is not premier at all. They get second class coaches from those clubs and play other weak teams. Many of those same players double roster at the younger age groups on town teams that are stronger and play in town travel divisions that are stronger. Just look at the Maple standings before they left. There were plenty of town teams beating the 2nd and 3rd teams from CSU and others. Moving to Nep doesn't make their teams any more Elite just makes them feel elite, but the reality is they aren't. This way they won't have to explain to the paying parents why their elite teams are being beaten by town teams who are paying $100 per season while they pay astronomically more. They are funding the club and that's why they have the lower teams. The fact that they schedule 3rd, and 4th teams to travel to play games in NH and Maine is such a waste of everyone's time when they could play competitive games right in Massachusetts.
                    Amen: A voice of reason amongst the snake oil salesmen. It will take some time and lots of check writing, but eventually the penny will fall. If you move to NEP and you are not in THE top team at your club, then you are a salesmans dream.

Comment

The NEP was a great idea and still holds promise. When they open the doors to clubs like CSU they become little better than Maple. Within another year or two NEP will become an irrelevant league, if it continues to allow average clubs to join. At best CSU is an average club.

Comment

Amen: A voice of reason amongst the snake oil salesmen. It will take some time and lots of check writing, but eventually the penny will fall. If you move to NEP and you are not in THE top team at your club, then you are a salesmans dream.
                        My son is on a top team. So I made the right choice?

Comment

That is great. I am sure you son has talent and the competition will help him develop.
                          Most other parents will not be as lucky

Comment

Think about it for a second.....FM and TD. Could you, or would you work with/for them? Probably not. Many have come and gone. The best thing PT did was create his own club. With this new partnership/support he'll have access to resources that weren't there before. Without them he has 30 + teams and a sizable business. I can only imagine he will create MUCH bigger and better things with financial backing and far bigger resources.
                            CSU has only a few good coaches, they let many good coaches go. TD is not the best guy to get along with, too bad RR has zero say!!

Comment

CSU has only a few good coaches, they let many good coaches go. TD is not the best guy to get along with, too bad RR has zero say!!
                              TD only has an older team to coach. Most of the CSU coaches have one team not 4-5 like some other clubs.

Comment

One could argue this as well. With the exception of upper crust in NEP the top division teams in NEP and Maple are not all that different

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X