Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the benefits of being a Team Manager?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    wrong D bag. most managers kids are the top player. #jealous
    I don't think so sweetheart. #denial

Comment

Sorry---at tryouts the TM's daughter at U-16 acted like she always does----- not like a team player. At the ECNL level it should always be about who is the better player but in this case I wondered if the parent being a TM gave the player an extra advantage.

Comment

Sorry---at tryouts the TM's daughter at U-16 acted like she always does----- not like a team player. At the ECNL level it should always be about who is the better player but in this case I wondered if the parent being a TM gave the player an extra advantage.
        Forget if the kid deserves to start......how does the TMs kid become 1 of the first recruits?That's when the team parents and kids figure out the special treatment. The sad reality is the club isn't doing the kid a favor......the parent can't be a TM in college and the kids college career is finished in 1 season.

Comment

Team managers do it so their kid will play more. Their helecopter involvement creates eye rolling and plenty of "oh really's" parents should have no involvement with club soccer functions.

Comment

Team managers do it so their kid will play more. Their helecopter involvement creates eye rolling and plenty of "oh really's" parents should have no involvement with club soccer functions.
            Are you for real. Another one with all sorts of reasons why their kid doesn't get as much playing time

Comment

Are you for real. Another one with all sorts of reasons why their kid doesn't get as much playing time
              Mine gets plenty. I was just pointing out the obvious.

Comment

Mine gets plenty. I was just pointing out the obvious.
                It's a thankless position and many have to put up with tools like yourself

Comment

It's a thankless position and many have to put up with tools like yourself
                  I agree. Our team manager has been in the role for a long time. Her child is not the best on the team and is treated like any other player; no more or less playing time than is deserved. She does a ton of work for zero payback and I appreciate every single moment she invests to make our team run like a well oiled machine. We have had parents who are tools come and then go because our coach just won't allow that kind of behavior and asks them to behave or leave. We are all glad when they leave.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1205547]It's a thankless position and many have to put up with tools like yourself[/

Not really. I hear the same thing from the hovering helicopters that have to be involved in the school systems. We all know these type of parents. Clubs should reconsider having parental involvement. Think about it, who's really the Tool?

Comment

... parents should have no involvement with club soccer functions.

Are you seriously suggesting that clubs should hire someone to fill that role to replace the volunteer labor?

I would think that that would increase the cost to play substantially! Not sure that's a good thing...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1205784]
                        It's a thankless position and many have to put up with tools like yourself[/

Not really. I hear the same thing from the hovering helicopters that have to be involved in the school systems. We all know these type of parents. Clubs should reconsider having parental involvement. Think about it, who's really the Tool?
                        I thought about it, still you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1206747]

I thought about it, still you.
                          Must be the lack of oxygen from hovering this weekend.
                          Feel free to come down & join us.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1206783]

Must be the lack of oxygen from hovering this weekend.
                            Feel free to come down & join us.
                            Exactly how much do you think would get done without parental involvement? Your comments expose you for the ignoramus you are, not to mention the use of the word "tool." Feel free to get a dictionary and bring your vocabulary up to speed with the adults in the room.

Comment

What are they?
                              Something is going on with our TM and coach. The child is definitly benefitting from her position. The TM's son never attends practice. At the NEFC tournament last weekend he played most of the game while walking.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1207978]

Exactly how much do you think would get done without parental involvement? Your comments expose you for the ignoramus you are, not to mention the use of the word "tool." Feel free to get a dictionary and bring your vocabulary up to speed with the adults in the room.
                                Plenty would get done if clubs just managed teams themselves and your kid would actually have to earn a spot on the team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X