Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    People can (and do) whatever they please as long as it is within the law. As many have said it happens all of the time. Conflicts of interest are avoidable, if one chooses. Many do not choose to avoid them.

I think it is bad form for both the coach/employee and the kid. Coach looks like he is playing favorites and the kid's status is questioned. If the players in question were superstars, much of this would not be an issue.
    I appreciate your balanced response. Calling it "bad form" rather than something that warrants a petition to TL and US Soccer is far more reasonable!

Comment

I appreciate your balanced response. Calling it "bad form" rather than something that warrants a petition to TL and US Soccer is far more reasonable!
      a petition is warranted when it happens repeatedly. It has happens all the time in the revs and on every academy team. Witness the latest one with the new assistant coach whose son was an under-performer in an under-performing team. Yet he gets into the U18 Revs when many other players would be much better suited for that role.

Comment

Speaking of the Revs. I was told they are in process of soil testing a big chunk of land on Providence water front(sassafras cove ?). Looking to build a soccer specific stadium and training grounds, with its own exit off 95. Anyone else heard this or know more about?

Comment

a petition is warranted when it happens repeatedly. It has happens all the time in the revs and on every academy team. Witness the latest one with the new assistant coach whose son was an under-performer in an under-performing team. Yet he gets into the U18 Revs when many other players would be much better suited for that role.
          The Revs and other clubs have experienced good success from their "connected" players. Regarding the player you referred to, have you even seen him play? His club was just named the most improved DAP club in their region of the country, so it may have been underperforming in the past, but it seems to be doing well enough now for US Soccer to have noticed. Do you know what "role" the player will have on the current U18 team? He has DAP experience with two different clubs. Is it so hard to believe that he might actually be able to bring something to the table for the Revs?

Comment

you mean someone better than AS? There are hundreds of players- there is just no comparison. Better than TB and several others on the roster- pretty much the entire MPS Crusaders team, the NEFC elite team, the NHSPA Elite team ...I can go on and on...
            Why are they are listing a good U14 Rhode Island kid as NEFC when he only played there for half a year. He has always played in Rhode Island. My son played with him at Blackwatch for GH when they were younger.

Comment

Speaking of the Revs. I was told they are in process of soil testing a big chunk of land on Providence water front(sassafras cove ?). Looking to build a soccer specific stadium and training grounds, with its own exit off 95. Anyone else heard this or know more about?
              Rhode Island??? Never in a million years!! That state is conducive only to run businesses into the ground. Even sports ventures. A dead state, a Boston working class distant suburb at best.

Comment

Why are they are listing a good U14 Rhode Island kid as NEFC when he only played there for half a year. He has always played in Rhode Island. My son played with him at Blackwatch for GH when they were younger.
                Probably because that was the team he was most recently on before the Revs

Comment

Probably because that was the team he was most recently on before the Revs
                  Nefc merged with blackwatch this year.nefc by name only. I know his town coach .He brought over some players from pawtucket and central falls to blackwatch a few of years ago .

Comment

Nefc merged with blackwatch this year.nefc by name only. I know his town coach .He brought over some players from pawtucket and central falls to blackwatch a few of years ago .
                    He played for NEFC in the Fall, had an injury and then played in the Spring for NEFC. He played for NEFC in the Stars Cup last September.

Comment

There is a player on the roster whose former club is shown as "None." How does a player get to DAP level without having played a lick of competitive soccer? And how does a player like that get scouted?
                      Hmm... I hear there are many other connected players on the u14's...

Comment

Yes that's how it all starts. But much worse in this years batch

Comment

Yes that's how it all starts. But much worse in this years batch
                          So how many got in based on connections and not skills?

Comment

So how many got in based on connections and not skills?
                            Why don't you come out next month and see for yourself? I am skeptical of the alleged number of connected players. Posters have been talking about such players for years, but when they end up with D1 scholarships and national pool berths, one begins to doubt the critics. Now my inclination is to give the supposedly connected kids a chance; maybe they really can play!

Comment

Why don't you come out next month and see for yourself? I am skeptical of the alleged number of connected players. Posters have been talking about such players for years, but when they end up with D1 scholarships and national pool berths, one begins to doubt the critics. Now my inclination is to give the supposedly connected kids a chance; maybe they really can play!
                              Or maybe they cant!

Comment

Interesting!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X