Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Actually he did. Several other kids shouldn't be there. He complains to me all the time. Have to take his word for it because I haven't seen practice.
    Jeez--wonder where Jr got the "complaining gene"...that's going to work out well for him down the road. Good luck to you both.

Comment

Jeez--wonder where Jr got the "complaining gene"...that's going to work out well for him down the road. Good luck to you both.
      Kids are pretty perceptive. They ferret out those that can't keep up pretty quickly. He doesn't complain to anyone else so your snarky little jab doesn't matter much to me. He's a good teammate. He's proud he earned his spot.

Comment

What's to discuss that hasn't been covered already, millions of times. This paragraph says it all

“Not all academy players are going pro, and they need to understand that,” said Singleton, who now coaches the men’s soccer team at Division 3 Washington and Lee University in Virginia. “Not all club teams are better than town teams. Some high school teams have quality coaches and quality players and some do not. It comes down to the situation for the individual child and their individual goals.”
        Very true. The only change I'd make to that statement is substituting "most academy players" for "not all academy players." Because that's clearly the case.

Comment

That is one of the biggest misconceptions. Yes financial aid is "need based". It goes to the people who the school "needs" to attract. There is tremendous competition for competitive candidates to these schools, and that is how they attract the best scholar athletes, don't kid yourself.
          Agree.

Comment

Kids are pretty perceptive. They ferret out those that can't keep up pretty quickly. He doesn't complain to anyone else so your snarky little jab doesn't matter much to me. He's a good teammate. He's proud he earned his spot.
            Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure your little informer is a real good club house guy, and that none of his equally perceptive teammates notice his condescension.

Comment

Keep telling yourself that. I'm sure your little informer is a real good club house guy, and that none of his equally perceptive teammates notice his condescension.
              Third party reading here...
              actually I will agree with the first poster. Kids at this age are pretty perceptive. To be at this level, they need to have the maturity for self assessment and be pretty accurate. Those that think of themselves beyond their ability, don't keep progressing, and quite honestly are not respected by the rest. I don't think their teammates do anything to be jerks, but these things ARE known amongst teammates even if the guys don't actually call someone out on it. It is what it is, and the true athletes and teammates just put in their work.

The guys that run off at the mouth don't make it this far. They are too busy talking vs working. They can be spotted a mile away. If this guy is telling his dad in confidence, it by no means that he is coming to practice with an attitude. He has the right to be frustrated if he sees unfair practices, and should be able to express frustration in a safe place (at home).

I write only to support the original poster and to bring some civility to this board. You never know who is writing. Perhaps their opinion comes from experience rather than a visceral response and a personal agenda.

Comment

Third party reading here...
                actually I will agree with the first poster. Kids at this age are pretty perceptive. To be at this level, they need to have the maturity for self assessment and be pretty accurate. Those that think of themselves beyond their ability, don't keep progressing, and quite honestly are not respected by the rest. I don't think their teammates do anything to be jerks, but these things ARE known amongst teammates even if the guys don't actually call someone out on it. It is what it is, and the true athletes and teammates just put in their work.

The guys that run off at the mouth don't make it this far. They are too busy talking vs working. They can be spotted a mile away. If this guy is telling his dad in confidence, it by no means that he is coming to practice with an attitude. He has the right to be frustrated if he sees unfair practices, and should be able to express frustration in a safe place (at home).

I write only to support the original poster and to bring some civility to this board. You never know who is writing. Perhaps their opinion comes from experience rather than a visceral response and a personal agenda.
                Look who is back in town and jumped in here for a piggyback ride.

Comment

Look who is back in town and jumped in here for a piggyback ride.
                  Sad, pathetic little troll. No one wants to play with you today.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X