Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like your son is with a small localized club with daddy coaches who claim to have played pro in their respective countries. Where no one comes to watch and recruit the players. Where the sidelines at game day are only parents and grandparents and no one has heard about your organization. I feel bad for you but you can pull him out and head over to GPS next season. If he's talented that is.

If a kid is talented then GPS will come to him....like they did to my son in June. We decided that GPS is a confusing entity with too many teams with potential for manipulation of rosters. I like the smaller clubs. When we are ready to change we will go to either the Revs or Bolts

Comment

If a kid is talented then GPS will come to him....like they did to my son in June. We decided that GPS is a confusing entity with too many teams with potential for manipulation of rosters. I like the smaller clubs. When we are ready to change we will go to either the Revs or Bolts
      Hey all star dad, what if Revs or Bolts doesn't come calling? What's plan B?

Comment

The Bolts will want yout money so better chances for your rockstar with them. The Revs, different story.If your rockstar is that good, or you have friends within the Revs academy, then that will elevate his chances. That is how it rolls.

Comment

Plan A and B are Revs and Bolts (not in that order). Plan C is either Blazers or NEFC. Plan D might be GPS or a smaller more local club with the realization that my boy is not a superstar.

Comment

Plan A and B are Revs and Bolts (not in that order). Plan C is either Blazers or NEFC. Plan D might be GPS or a smaller more local club with the realization that my boy is not a superstar.
            Wrong my dear friend. Your order of club choices for boys is dated. Maybe 10 years ago, but it is now the MLS Academy (Revolution), GPS NPL teams and NEFC as a distant third.
            Blazers are done, they couldn't put a u12 or u13 team together for the Fall.

Comment

Wrong my dear friend. Your order of club choices for boys is dated. Maybe 10 years ago, but it is now the MLS Academy (Revolution), GPS NPL teams and NEFC as a distant third.
              I agree, Bolts and Seacoast academy teams will take your $$ so fast and promise you a pathway paved in gold.

Comment

I agree, Bolts and Seacoast academy teams will take your $$ so fast and promise you a pathway paved in gold.
                GPS NPL teams are loaded with talent. Revs are paying attention.They grabbed five GPS players for their U14 team.

Comment

Yeah it's such a terrible pathway to COLLEGE:
                  http://www.fcbolts.com/home/692727.html

Comment

Yeah it's such a terrible pathway to COLLEGE:
                    http://www.fcbolts.com/home/692727.html
                    Smoke and mirrors my delusional friend. Most kids go to college, can you detail exactly how much of their colleague fees are being paid because of their soccer? I expect you can't? as club websites omit this very useful piece of information.

Put the same amount on money you are throwing at clubs like Bolts, into a colleague fund and even at today's low interest rates you will still be lots of $$$ ahead.

Enjoy the coolaid along the way.

Comment

GPS NPL teams are loaded with talent. Revs are paying attention.They grabbed five GPS players for their U14 team.
                      slow down . 2 were there from last year. Many of those kids were already known by many people to be good player. Stop trying to sell the GPS NPL loaded with talent thing .
                      The two kids they grabbed last year were on a good MPS team coached by Bradley but in now way was that team loaded by any means.

Comment

Smoke and mirrors my delusional friend. Most kids go to college, can you detail exactly how much of their colleague fees are being paid because of their soccer? I expect you can't? as club websites omit this very useful piece of information.

Put the same amount on money you are throwing at clubs like Bolts, into a colleague fund and even at today's low interest rates you will still be lots of $$$ ahead.

Enjoy the coolaid along the way.
                        But whats the option for a good player who loves the game? Don't play club at all and stick with High School team only? Good luck getting a look from college coaches. All clubs cost about the same. In fact, though Revs are free, Bolts DAP fees are less than most other clubs at older ages, and they actually travel less - only 2 long distance tournaments.

Comment

slow down . 2 were there from last year. Many of those kids were already known by many people to be good player. Stop trying to sell the GPS NPL loaded with talent thing .
                          The two kids they grabbed last year were on a good MPS team coached by Bradley but in now way was that team loaded by any means.
                          The GPS NPL teams reflect a new approach--an attempt to gather the top players from each of their regions for a full league year, instead of one-off tournaments, as they have done in the past. It will be interesting to see how these teams perform. Based on the size of their talent pool alone, one would think that these teams should be pretty competitive. We'll know better once they start playing matches.

Comment

The GPS NPL teams reflect a new approach--an attempt to gather the top players from each of their regions for a full league year, instead of one-off tournaments, as they have done in the past. It will be interesting to see how these teams perform. Based on the size of their talent pool alone, one would think that these teams should be pretty competitive. We'll know better once they start playing matches.
                            And I don't think these kids were grabbed, I am pretty sure they were keen to join the revs program.

Comment

First, I am not your friend....or not that I know of.
                              Second, the Bolts offer plenty of great training and at least half of their 2014 grads playing D1
                              Third, how many from either the Revs or Bolts are playing professional soccer today?
                              Fourth, how many of the Revs players are attending D1 schools...and playing soccer?
                              I don't believe that Okaroh is done. He is still one of the best trainers in the state...assuming that you can tolerate his style.
                              As for GPS and NEFC...are they your choice because they train well or because they have good teams. If I could choose a star team from hundreds of kids, I would hope that I could put together a good team. This does not require good coaching...just good recruiting.

Comment

And I don't think these kids were grabbed, I am pretty sure they were keen to join the revs program.
                                That's probably true of their U14 NPL team, but the U13 NPLs and U12 NPLs are still a bit young for the academies.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X