Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great. Yet another thread for white male conservatives to rant about something that ranks up there with the biggest made-up issues on the site (and in the country).

Does anyone really care if 8 year old kids or disabled youth in the Special Olympics get a participation medal? Do you really believe that is bringing the country to its ruin?

Is anyone going to seriously argue that we don't do a good enough job separating winners from losers? We hear every day here about the rare D1 winners, and the rare academic winners. We still crown champions don't we?

This thread is trolling at its worst.

I do, in a round about way, believe that it is a big problem for this country. It is a symptom of parents who are happy to build up little joey's confidence by never making them strive to be better or stronger in academics, in life and in sports.

It is this PC crowd that is building inferior, entitled students......Look up Kelso's Choices to see the crap they teach kids these days. It used to be settled on the playground, now kids can't play kick ball cause little megan can't kick well so she feels left out, thus no one can play...bull crap, tell the little brat to suck it up!

Comment

It is this PC crowd that is building inferior, entitled students......Look up Kelso's Choices to see the crap they teach kids these days. It used to be settled on the playground, now kids can't play kick ball cause little megan can't kick well so she feels left out, thus no one can play...bull crap, tell the little brat to suck it up!
      They've dumbed down my son's gym class to such a degree that he hates it. They don't want kids to feel badly that they are overweight and out of shape so they basically unstructure the class so "movement" is the driving factor. Movement can be walking laps around the gym. There's a reason why obesity is becoming an epidemic. Don't even get me started on the partial year gym class silliness.

Comment

They've dumbed down my son's gym class to such a degree that he hates it. They don't want kids to feel badly that they are overweight and out of shape so they basically unstructure the class so "movement" is the driving factor. Movement can be walking laps around the gym. There's a reason why obesity is becoming an epidemic. Don't even get me started on the partial year gym class silliness.
        This is the reason we are the most obese country on earth

Comment

I do, in a round about way, believe that it is a big problem for this country. It is a symptom of parents who are happy to build up little joey's confidence by never making them strive to be better or stronger in academics, in life and in sports.

I have a better idea. How about if nobody gets trophies until they really accomplish something (like scoring the winning goal in a world cup final). Those shiny little baubles are cherished for about 10 minutes and then get put on a shelf to collect dust. Then they go into a box in the attic when little Mia and Landon go off to college. Then when they leave home they go to the landfill. U10//11/12 trophies? Nonsense. Nobody cares except for the Tiger moms and dads who have to spend three hours at their therapist if their miserable little progeny aren't first in everything. Kids value tournament patches from competitors and from the tourney itself because a) they can be displayed on an ongoing and tangible basis, and 2) it reminds them of the fun they had on their sports journey.

Comment

Suppose this thread WASN'T resurrected to provoke something.

Comment

Whatever the issue, in youth soccer, smart money is on the adult motive being more intense and misguided, less pure you could say, than the child.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X