X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Thanks Valeo!
    Different poster. ODP will continue to lose relevancy for pathing. It does not cast a wide enough net to attract the top players in Mass.

Comment

When you consider it, it is not a well advertised entity. I don't believe that the individual clubs are telling kids to run out to Lancaster and tryout. You don't see fliers or emails about it. As a business, it is a flawed model, especially considering that the clubs have improved their options and numbers of practices. Our club has practiced 4 days/week and will go to 3 during the season. All ODP is going to add is a 1200 dollar deficit and more travel.

If they advertised and highlighted the great coaching (if that exists) they might get a greater response.
      We haven't received an invite or notification of ODP in 3 years, and my kid has been on a top team since U-10. We still would most likely not participate, but we forget that it even exists because they don't reach out to anyone.

Comment

We haven't received an invite or notification of ODP in 3 years, and my kid has been on a top team since U-10. We still would most likely not participate, but we forget that it even exists because they don't reach out to anyone.
        You are not alone. They don't reach out, you do. I was interested so I took the initiative. It seemed as if there were many like minded parents did the same.

Comment

You are not alone. They don't reach out, you do. I was interested so I took the initiative. It seemed as if there were many like minded parents did the same.
          ODP for boys in Mass was last relevant about 8 years ago before id programs like ID2, PDP and even the DAP. It's no longer relevant. College coaches don't even care to look at pool choices anymore. The top talent does not participate anymore.

Comment

ODP for boys in Mass was last relevant about 8 years ago before id programs like ID2, PDP and even the DAP. It's no longer relevant. College coaches don't even care to look at pool choices anymore. The top talent does not participate anymore.
            And for females it's ECNL and that is about it. Everything else takes a distant back seat.

Comment

Different poster. ODP will continue to lose relevancy for pathing. It does not cast a wide enough net to attract the top players in Mass.
              Adapt or die.

Comment

And for females it's ECNL and that is about it. Everything else takes a distant back seat.
                Do you think the top players in this state are on ECNL teams?

Comment

No doubt about it.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. I will make my on decisions. Have you considered that others may chose a different path for that you outlined.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. I will make my on decisions. Have you considered that others may chose a different path for that you outlined.
                      There is no other "path" for girls.

Comment

Thanks Valeo!

Wrong. There are plenty of valeo kids trying out.

Comment

You probably never had a kid succeed in the ODP or maybe you have moved way beyond it after your kid had some success but please, do not just pull crap out of your hat. ODP is not for everyone but there are those who can and do benefit from the experience. Let us all stop being so elitist and let the kid enjoy whatever the level they are capable of.

Comment

My kid plays Stars ECNL and the coach does not recommend ODP. He said its overpriced and is not quality soccer. For over 3 years we have listened and drank the kool aid and not tried it but this year we will try it.

Comment

My kid plays Stars ECNL and the coach does not recommend ODP. He said its overpriced and is not quality soccer. For over 3 years we have listened and drank the kool aid and not tried it but this year we will try it.
                              To each their own....but I think your coach was correct. Overpriced and not quality soccer. Throw in politics and it is even worse. My son did it and hated it. Sub par coaching and waste of time. DAP is where he is at now and can't compare the two. ODP does not come close to DAP. Though it might work for some. Always say people need to make mistakes for themselves. ODP could be really good....it's sad where it has gone.

Comment

To each their own....but I think your coach was correct. Overpriced and not quality soccer. Throw in politics and it is even worse. My son did it and hated it. Sub par coaching and waste of time. DAP is where he is at now and can't compare the two. ODP does not come close to DAP. Though it might work for some. Always say people need to make mistakes for themselves. ODP could be really good....it's sad where it has gone.

The experience depends on the coach and the feasibility depends on how much time you have available to make the ride throughout the year including 3-5 hour Sunday sessions. There have been some great coaches as well as some not so great ones including some that took advantage of the situation to promote their own kids to the regional level. I do think that clubs are offering more training time such that playing ODP for more training is not as big of an issue as it was in the past.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X