• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Harmony Sports Complex hosting national soccer tournament
    By The Columbian
    Published: August 4, 2014, 7:39
    Six teams, including the host Washington Timbers, will take part in the Volkswagen Junior Masters national soccer tournament on Tuesday and Wednesday at the Harmony Sports Complex in Vancouver.

Most of the teams of boys 12 and younger won regional playoffs to qualify for this tournament. Participating teams are: Carolina FC Inferno, Eastside Timbers of Gresham, FC Boulder, Global Premier Soccer (which has clubs along the East Coast), San Diego Surf and the Washington Timbers.

The tournament is part of the activities in the metro area surrounding the MLS All-Star Game. Games are scheduled for 9 a.m., 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Tuesday. The final pool-play matches are at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday. The semifinals are at 10:30 a.m. and the championship match at 1:30 p.m.

Harmony Sports Complex is at 1500 N.E. 192nd Ave.
    Only 6 teams? That sucks. At least your kids can meet the MLS All-Stars (though that is a bit of an oxymoron :)

Good luck and enjoy the trip!

Comment

That is a nice attitude mister!

Poor guy! Hey listen up jerk off, why don't you lobby to get your kid moved over to a GPS team in 1 of the 12 states they are in so he has a chance of playing on a competitive team. I am assuming your son is at least as good if not better than the kids out in Oregon. You better get used to seeing a stacked team in some of these tournaments. If you can't beat them you should join em.

Comment

Poor guy! Hey listen up jerk off, why don't you lobby to get your kid moved over to a GPS team in 1 of the 12 states they are in so he has a chance of playing on a competitive team. I am assuming your son is at least as good if not better than the kids out in Oregon. You better get used to seeing a stacked team in some of these tournaments. If you can't beat them you should join em.
        Ok....I thought good luck was a nice thing to say. I take it back.

Comment

Eeew! Thanks God sleep talkers speak for no more than 30 seconds per episode. Those nightmare chatters! Join the stacked team for one u12 tournament only? How would my or anyone else's son benefit from this? Add a line to his resume? Ok. I'll think about it. :)

Comment

Eeew! Thanks God sleep talkers speak for no more than 30 seconds per episode. Those nightmare chatters! Join the stacked team for one u12 tournament only? How would my or anyone else's son benefit from this? Add a line to his resume? Ok. I'll think about it. :)
            The GPS Elite teams are tournament teams and will play 2-3 tournaments per year depending on age. They are meant to simply bring the stronger players together for a fun event and play some soccer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Tournament schedule and results

http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/k170644.htm

Comment

The GPS Elite teams are tournament teams and will play 2-3 tournaments per year depending on age. They are meant to simply bring the stronger players together for a fun event and play some soccer. Nothing more, nothing less.
                Not the point. GPS operates now in quite a few states. I assume each state has their "gps elite" team. It will be pretty hard for those S Carolina players to help all elite teams win all they tournaments.

Comment

Wow I am impressed you found this. Thx for posting!

Comment

The point is unless you understand you shouldn't assume anything!

Not the point. GPS operates now in quite a few states. I assume each state has their "gps elite" team. It will be pretty hard for those S Carolina players to help all elite teams win all they tournaments.
                    The point is you should not assume to know about things and make comments unless you understand what the facts are. Lets use Mass for the example. To keep it simple lets talk about u13 -u15. There are 3 teams Bulldogs, Crusaders and Knights. This year NPL teams have been picked for 2014-2015 with the top players on each team making one. Further GPS is offering a GPS National team with kids from up to 12 different sates combining into one. This GPS National team is offering select kids the opportunity to play in tournaments like Dale Farm Milk Cup in Northern Ireland, (99's just played in over the past 2 weeks). Disney Cup for U13's and VW Juniors with u12's. Every year GPS will bring together kids from all affiliates and form the best teams they can make. Although this may seem unfair to some and and many claim cheating, it is nothing more than the club taking advantage of the system they have set up and exposing top kids who are not playing academy against top competition. For the more local tournaments most of the time you will more than likely see the NPL teams competing in and around New England. A team like the coming u15 NPL will be very good. Scorpions lost to crusaders in State Cup this past spring in a very close game that could of gone either way. Now combine all 3 teams together to play a scorpions team and it will make it very difficult to compete against.

The way I see it this is a benefit to all the kids that play for GPS.

Comment

Why? What's in South Carolina? The better New England GPS system players are better than any players in any club around here. The Revs Youth Academy coaches seem to have noticed. Look at the GPS players they pick up year after year.

Comment

GPS lost in the semi-finals 1-0.

Comment

Your absolutely right, no one will be able to touch the Boys GPS NPL teams from U13 up. Just too much pooled talent for any team to handle.
                          Can you explain their lack of tournament success to date?

Comment

Tournament is a recruiting tools not developing tools.

Not really sure where GPS is going with all this showcase stuff and making super teams.

If they care trying to create a national powerhouse team for every age group then no need to place teams in lower level tournaments. They should be only playing at the biggest tournament in the country.

If they are trying to impress parents into signing on to their club then play in the local tournaments . Throw that bait out there and see what you can fish

Comment

Lack of success is a subjective statement

Funny that you see losing 1-0 in the semis to a very good San Diego team as lacking success. I see the trip as an amazing experience for 12 year old boys competing at a high level and representing GPS VERY WELL.

Comment

Tournament is a recruiting tools not developing tools.

Not really sure where GPS is going with all this showcase stuff and making super teams.

If they care trying to create a national powerhouse team for every age group then no need to place teams in lower level tournaments. They should be only playing at the biggest tournament in the country.

If they are trying to impress parents into signing on to their club then play in the local tournaments . Throw that bait out there and see what you can fish
                                They are probably preparing themselves to be a DAP club.If they can create teams that compete at a national level then they should be able to get DAP status

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X