Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The SECOND post was in response to the INITIAL post. The INITIAL post was pro D3.

The person who started that thread was clearly pro D3. The INITIAL post in this thread was a temper tantrum to bash D1.

Just so we are all clear...
    What's next D2 analysis-come on folks give it a rest do not be-grudge any of these fine young men or women because they play D1 or D3, let them play and enjoy their college experience they will have enough to deal with in the real world when they graduate when no one will give a Rats behind if they played D1, D2 or D3 Soccer.

Comment

Was dumb. The idea that a family would pay to do club soccer so they could pay a lot more money come college time to play more soccer is stupid.
      You will never achieve greatness without love. You have probably paid for all of the things that can be bought but it may be too late to develop the love if playing has been likened to coal mining - something one should never do without remuneration. But designing a robot can have payoffs too. There are assembly lines, for example.

Comment

So to be very clear.

The D3 thread was started to argue the merits of D3.

The anti D1 thread was started to denigrate D1.

Who has the agenda again?
        I'm fairly confident the starting of the D1 thread was parody. Sarcasm can be hard, but I'm pretty sure no one has a case against D1 (although you can have a beef with the NCAA athletic industrial complex that could come off like a D1 critique).

Comment

I think it's the D3 parents that need to get over themselves.
          Why??

Comment

I'm fairly confident the starting of the D1 thread was parody. Sarcasm can be hard, but I'm pretty sure no one has a case against D1 (although you can have a beef with the NCAA athletic industrial complex that could come off like a D1 critique).
            Lets be honest, there is some D1 soccer that is pretty bad. Not everyone is extraordinarily polished as Real Madrid and Barca

Comment

I think it's the D3 parents that need to get over themselves.
              Sometimes you can discern the reason for D3 hate is actually unrequited D3 love.

Comment

Lets be honest, there is some D1 soccer that is pretty bad. Not everyone is extraordinarily polished as Real Madrid and Barca
                Uh oh....

Now you done it...

Comment

Cause mommy and daddy paid for it and when they couldn't find a job playing soccer mommy and daddy bought them and expensive little education just so they could continue playing. They must love their mommy and daddy very much.
                  in a nutshell.

Comment

Cause mommy and daddy paid for it and when they couldn't find a job playing soccer mommy and daddy bought them and expensive little education just so they could continue playing. They must love their mommy and daddy very much.
                    But mommy and daddy didn't take the SAT for them and, let's be honest, that's what kept your kid out of Bowdoin isn't it?

1400 was good in the old days but not anymore.

Comment

Yes that is true. Unfortunately beautiful soccer is not always winning soccer and winning soccer games is what most D1 college coaches get paid to do.

One time I had a dental hygienist who did a real poor job cleaning my patient's teeth and I reprimand her for that because she is getting paid to do a good job. Eventually I got enough complaints about the job she was doing that I had to let her go. I felt bad but she wasn't a very good dental hygienist. She had a hard time finding another dental hygienist job after that.

Sometimes I have dental students rotate through my office and they clean my patients teeth. When one of them does a bad job I just don't let them clean teeth again. Most of them don't actually care whether they clean teeth again because it doesn't matter towards their grade in their training program.

Different expectations translate into different responses.

Comment

But mommy and daddy didn't take the SAT for them and, let's be honest, that's what kept your kid out of Bowdoin isn't it?

Not mine, turned down Bowdoin. Too small. Too cold.

Comment

Yes that is true. Unfortunately beautiful soccer is not always winning soccer and winning soccer games is what most D1 college coaches get paid to do.
                          Fair point!

Comment

Shows how little you know. Mine got D1 offers before she even took the PSAT's. SAT's are more a formality than anything else at a lot of D1 schools. It does suck to have to pay admission to get into the party when the VIP's are waltzing past to the front of the line and getting in for free.

Comment

Shows how little you know. Mine got D1 offers before she even took the PSAT's. SAT's are more a formality than anything else at a lot of D1 schools. It does suck to have to pay admission to get into the party when the VIP's are waltzing past to the front of the line and getting in for free.
                              Sure she did

Comment

This is a frightening statement. I have heard that D1 coaches on the women's side are now recruiting middle-schoolers (8th grade). What 14 year old do you know who is prepared to make a life-choice on career and college at that age? The NCAA should prohibit ALL recruiting (in every sport) until after completion of 9th grade, at least.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X