X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2014/0...k-over-hazing/

Comment

This sort of stuff is quite common in college, not just in sports or simply at the D1 level. If you don't send your kids off to college with some understanding of how to handle alcohol your kid could be one of the ones sent off to the hospital for extreme intoxication.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        This sort of stuff is quite common in college, not just in sports or simply at the D1 level. If you don't send your kids off to college with some understanding of how to handle alcohol your kid could be one of the ones sent off to the hospital for extreme intoxication.
        My kid attends a D1 and while I'm pretty sure alcohol has been consumed before legal age, I can safely say upper classmen never forced it or urine upon the freshman on the team.

Comment

My kid attends a D1 and while I'm pretty sure alcohol has been consumed before legal age, I can safely say upper classmen never forced it or urine upon the freshman on the team.
          That's probably because you believe the reports you get back are accurate. Wouldn't be first time a student paints a picture for the folks back home that they want to see

Comment

Please tell us what we should do so that we send our kids off to college "with some understanding of how to handle alcohol"

This is another one of those vapid stupid posts that say nothing of any substance.

If you have something to offer on the point, do so. If not why not just keep it to yourself

Comment

That's probably because you believe the reports you get back are accurate. Wouldn't be first time a student paints a picture for the folks back home that they want to see
              Just like we did in our day buddy. The way it should be.

Comment

Please tell us what we should do so that we send our kids off to college "with some understanding of how to handle alcohol"

This is another one of those vapid stupid posts that say nothing of any substance.

If you have something to offer on the point, do so. If not why not just keep it to yourself
                Actually I have two kids in college and know quite a bit about college life these days simply because I never pretended like partying wasn't happening in college. My kids talk pretty openly about it. They both went through their "party hearty" phase and now it seems that the novelty has given way to the burgeoning realities of the world after college. That point seemed to come after their sophomore years.

My observation is different campuses have different party habits. Booze generally flows pretty freely at all of them. At my first kid's school weed and alcohol are huge, while at the other molly and alcohol seem to be the substances of choice. From what I have been told there is also a minor amount of heroin floating around at both campuses largely because it so much cheaper than oxy. Another thing that goes on is there is a pretty hefty trade in the ADHD drugs like Ritalin and Adderall.

If you don't set the stage for this, your kid will likely walk into college like a kid walking into a candy store and you may never know what your kid has getting themselves into until the poop has hit the fan. What the colleges do now is if they see a kid intoxicated they basically call an ambulance and ship them off to an ER to come down/sober up and wipe their hands of any responsibility. Because the kids are usually over 18, the only way the parents find out is when they get the bill, because most of the disciplinary action stays between them and the college.

Comment

This is the same school that was in the national spotlight several years ago when the defender became furious when her BYU opponent scored a goal. She then went psycho and started beating, stomping on, and, in the final straw that a referee finally witnessed, yanked the ponytail of one girl so forcefully that she fell flat on her back.
                  Footage of her antics went viral on the internet and national tv and seen by millions. So she was forced to apologize and suspended for awhile.

Sounds like one classy unit. Only animals are recruited at New Mexico apparently.

Comment

Douche

Comment

Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm hearing the truth. After all I have been pretty honest with my kids about the things I did in college and frankly I'm pretty surprised I'm here to tell them about it. However, tossing urine on others was never included in my repertoire.

Comment

Nah, I'm pretty sure I'm hearing the truth. After all I have been pretty honest with my kids about the things I did in college and frankly I'm pretty surprised I'm here to tell them about it. However, tossing urine on others was never included in my repertoire.
                        And I should add that that was because I had a predilection to doing stuff that was only going to harm me (except those times I was driving drunk). I never had the urge to do something that would harm anyone else. Maybe you and your kids are different.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X