Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not the starter of the thread but I think it was meant as a tongue-in-cheek poke at those who make such immature, broad and disrespectful statements in the other context. I chuckled when I saw it and was kind of surprised it had even garnered a reply post.
    Thank you! Someone else who gets it....but did seem to strike a nerve. ;)

Comment

All athletic scholarships should be revoked. School should be for education only. Why should better athletes get an unfair tuition break. The fallacy of graduating these athletes has been proven again and again. ALL athletic revenue should be reverting back to the schools to be used to lower the cost for all, no other use. It is a completely broken system.
      It should be like our beloved Mass club system: if you want to play at a higher level, you should have to pay more, not have someone else pay for it. Same as academics.
      Why give music scholarships, playing in the college symphony is just a waste isn't it? While we are at it, why fund research, most of it goes no where anyways?

Make no mistake, as crazy as it may seem, these colleges are giving scholarships (paying) to athletes so they can play a sport for them. It is just the way of the world. If you want that job and are capable of doing why would you turn it down? If others are getting paid to do it, why would you do it for free?

Comment

Playing soccer at the D1 level is nothing but a job.
        So isnt septic pumping.

Comment

Was dumb. The idea that a family would pay to do club soccer so they could pay a lot more money come college time to play more soccer is stupid.
          Dumb? Most of the kids we are talking about would have played club regardless (just as many of their friends did who did not go on to play in college). And most would have gone to the same colleges as well even if they weren't playing. Why so rattled by the fact that many get to continue playing at a pretty good level while still getting a good education? The tenacity of the attack on some things that are so simple and self-evident is beyond revealing.

Comment

Dumb? Most of the kids we are talking about would have played club regardless (just as many of their friends did who did not go on to play in college). And most would have gone to the same colleges as well even if they weren't playing. Why so rattled by the fact that many get to continue playing at a pretty good level while still getting a good education? The tenacity of the attack on some things that are so simple and self-evident is beyond revealing.
            Cause mommy and daddy paid for it and when they couldn't find a job playing soccer mommy and daddy bought them and expensive little education just so they could continue playing. They must love their mommy and daddy very much.

Comment

Pathfinder, I feel for you. This has got to be an excruciating period for you on TS. You hate P and desperately want to come to BTNT's rescue, but you are saddled with knowing on most of these college issues you are much more in the P camp, as is almost everyone (and probably a little dismayed at his nuclear approach to D3 soccer as a whole). Quite a conundrum. And no, I did not start this thread. I started the other one.

BTW, in regard to your hatred, I've forgotten to tell you how great I thought one line of yours was a ways back....the one where you said you wouldn't call 9-1-1 for me even if you saw me on the side of the road bleeding out (or something to that effect). In all seriousness, that was funny and I appreciated the admission of raw hatred combined with humor. Well played that time, my friend.
              Let me clarify somethings. I have my own opinions but the world is not 2 polar opposites of BTDT and P. It is more like a Venn diagram.

RE: I hate P's posting style not P. I also am not trying to defend BTDT.

-- Pathfinder

Comment

Some shiny cleats can help

Comment

Since some bright person decided to start a thread for the pure purposes of denigrating D3, it makes sense to add a place to do the same for D1. Watching some D1 games on TV, its easy to see that many programs/teams lack the ability to actually play the game. Too many missed passes, passes to no teh invisible player, the clear out of the back field where the ball skies in the air spinning wildly backwards. You know what Im talking about.
                  Some of the stuff seen on TV is not good at all. Sloppy.

Comment

Some of the stuff seen on TV is not good at all. Sloppy.
                    Good thing they don't televise D3. Imagine how awful that would be?

Comment

Good thing they don't televise D3. Imagine how awful that would be?
                      A ball passed to no one is the same in D1 as in D3.

Comment

What is the second post in this thread saying? That it is a job and unless you really love the job don't do it because it is not worth doing. That is in reference to the semi-full time job that some of the players at the D1 level are literally getting paid to do. How is that any different a sentiment when it comes to D3? The huge difference is at the D3 level the players are literally giving it away for free so in many respects they are absolutely wasting their time because it is not paying their tuition bills or presumably leading them towards their chosen career and we all know at this point that everyone at that level is so focused on their education and getting into grad school. How can working almost full time for free be anything but a waste of time under those circumstances?
                        Soccer sounds like drudgery to you. I guess they shouldn't play if they are wealthy or can get a decent job waiting tables.

On the other hand, one thing is for certain, D3 kids LOVE them some soccer. They love it so much they do it when they don't have to. Gasp. I know, can you believe it? People waste there time in the funniest ways. I've heard of a guy who once ran 26 miles in a single day for no reason at all. No one chasing him. Didn't need to get anywhere. Just inexplicably decided to run for hours.

Comment

The SECOND post was in response to the INITIAL post. The INITIAL post was pro D3.

The person who started that thread was clearly pro D3. The INITIAL post in this thread was a temper tantrum to bash D1.

Just so we are all clear...
                          The initial post only lightly covered D1 and did so respectfully. The post was inspired by a collection of similarly-themed anti-D3 posts spread across various threads. I didn't start the thread, nor was I an early participant in it, but I'm not confused about the agendas in play. I have no idea why anyone would have the time to pursue an anti-D1, D2 or D3 agenda here but it is pretty clear someone has enough free time to be anti-D3.

Comment

Check out Northeastern. They practice 10 to 3. The field is not on campus. You van back and forth to a crappy field. Nice! The D1 dream??? My son is happy at his D3 program where academics is first.

Comment

The initial post only lightly covered D1 and did so respectfully. The post was inspired by a collection of similarly-themed anti-D3 posts spread across various threads. I didn't start the thread, nor was I an early participant in it, but I'm not confused about the agendas in play. I have no idea why anyone would have the time to pursue an anti-D1, D2 or D3 agenda here but it is pretty clear someone has enough free time to be anti-D3.
                              I a parent of a D1 kid. I am not anti D3. There are fine D3 schools and soccer programs, and I wish those kids the best. I think it's the D3 parents that need to get over themselves.

Comment

So to be very clear.

The D3 thread was started to argue the merits of D3.

The anti D1 thread was started to denigrate D1.

Who has the agenda again?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X