Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. There are comments that our parents have posted in the past that demonstrate an understanding of the complexity of our tactics and detail the benefit of our ground breaking training program. Those can be positively attributed to those that know of what they speak. We've set a new standard for MA soccer and we're quite proud of that. The rest of the posts seem to be those of people who fail to comprehend our mission or are jealous of our success.
    I am a Valeo parent and was formally a MPS parent. I like our experience at Valeo but I am not sure I am aware of the ground breaking training. We have 2 days a week practice just like we did at MPS. I am not sure what happened to the promised 3 days a week.

I am not complaining. I am merely pointing out that I think there is a little hyperbole with out training program.

Comment

I am a Valeo parent and was formally a MPS parent. I like our experience at Valeo but I am not sure I am aware of the ground breaking training. We have 2 days a week practice just like we did at MPS. I am not sure what happened to the promised 3 days a week.

I am not complaining. I am merely pointing out that I think there is a little hyperbole with out training program.
      If your child makes the top team the training is quite different.

Comment

how is it different?

Comment

Hmmm..tues/thurs/fri = 3

Comment

how is it different?
            Second teams do 2x so they can do Bays or whatever.

Comment

how is it different?
              Our training is ground breaking - kinda speaks for itself. 2nd team, not so much.

Comment

Hmmm..tues/thurs/fri = 3
                Hmmm..We both pay the same amount and you get 50% more practice time. ***

Comment

stop feeding the animals folks..eventually they will go away

Comment

Uh oh! Sounds like trouble is brewing!!

Comment

Ask your coach. Depends on age group. Second team and lower players mostly don't want 3 practices. Cost is dependent on age group too.

Comment

Ask your coach. Depends on age group. Second team and lower players mostly don't want 3 practices. Cost is dependent on age group too.
                        What about the girls side is any of the teams practicing 3 times a week?

Comment

What about the girls side is any of the teams practicing 3 times a week?
                          sounds like you should ask your coach.

Comment

Can you help me decipher which pro-Valeo posts are from V parents, and which ones are from other parents?
                            Almost all of them are too good to be true, so it's hard to know which is which.
                            Is there a special decoder ring?
                            Very nice club, super-affordable, excellent coaching, 12-month facilities, real family atmosphere. It's a cool place, believe me. Oh, and the way they play is mesmerizing.

Comment

Very nice club, super-affordable, excellent coaching, 12-month facilities, real family atmosphere. It's a cool place, believe me. Oh, and the way they play is mesmerizing.
                              that entire area where the fields are gives me the creeps.....

Comment

As a coach, I have a question:

Is the "ground-breaking" part the fact that it's three practices a week instead of two? That's not really ground-breaking, it's just more.

The way coaches in MA are trained to coach involves developing a specific practice plan for the current session, fitting that into a season-long development plan, and then in a much greater layer on top of that having a long-term plan. (The third layer is extremely difficult to implement with youth programs, in that there is change among rosters and clubs.)

What part of the "short-medium-long-term" approach that all coaches are trained to do isn't filling this team's needs (so where is the shortfall in the US Soccer approach) and what was implemented to enhance it (thus making it "ground-breaking")?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X