Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
    Commitment lists are just another form of those stupid college rankings that you folks use to prove your kids are better than anyone else's.

I think comparing commitments is a silly and destructive practice because no one outside of the family really knows why different kids make the decisions they make.

I find it ridiculous that you think I am the only one on this planet who sees playing time and money as an integral part of this whole commitment issue.

As far as I am concerned the best commitments are the ones where the kid ends up happy.

Having gone through this myself and with my kids I can safely say that easing financial concerns and getting playing time go a long way towards ensuring that happiness.
    Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed, and agreed.

Comment

You are just reposting this to invoke the inevitable nasty response from Perspective. You are just using btdt as a pawn and not being really fair.

Comment

Actually thanks for bumping this up, so the rest of us have something better to do than listen to all this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          You are just reposting this to invoke the inevitable nasty response from Perspective. You are just using btdt as a pawn and not being really fair.
          You are wrong in only one very important respect. Only BTDT would re-post that, or even remember that it existed. And his bias is evident in every point, and so the overall message is extraordinarily distorted. It's sad to see this level of pathology.

Comment

Entirely correct. LOL

Comment

You are wrong in only one very important respect. Only BTDT would re-post that, or even remember that it existed. And his bias is evident in every point, and so the overall message is extraordinarily distorted. It's sad to see this level of pathology.
              Nigel is apparently unfamiliar with "search" on this forum (never mind Google).

So no, not "only BTDT..." Actually ANYONE with a few minutes of time and a massive desire to **** with you. LOL

Comment

http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/se...searchid=66433

Comment

So no, not "only BTDT..." Actually ANYONE with a few minutes of time and a massive desire to **** with you. LOL
                  Keep that data coming, BTDT. And call a hotline.

Comment

Followed your suggestion below and read this,. It speaks more to what is going on here than any of this nonsensical back and forth.

Originally posted by beentheredonethat View Post
                    I just want to clarify a couple of points.

I suspect that Perspective stopped logging in because he realized what every other “named” poster has over the years, that as soon as you start signing your posts you automatically inherit every anonymous post that even remotely resembles one of your publically stated ideas or creates some other identifiable link like a common club. To put it bluntly you end up becoming the face of every whack job or troll on here.

Suffice to say that there are other people/groups who take advantage of this peculiar aspect of cyber space to either push a specific organization’s agenda or to just simply bully and antagonize others. It is a form of Catfishing. What they do is like “drafting” in racing because they hide behind a borrowed persona until an opportunity presents itself to further their own personal agenda and then they swing out to take advantage it leaving the assumed persona to take the blame. I literally read people doing this to my screen name all of the time which is why I say that I can go away sometimes for weeks at a clip and come back to see myself embroiled in controversy on this site as though I never left.

I may be completely wrong about this (because I know full well that there is no actual way to prove who is writing things here so I am simply guessing based upon my interpretations of the “biases” exhibited in this thread) but I don’t actually think Perspective is the main person pushing the antagonism in this particular thread. I personally think he is a victim of “drafting” here.

If you follow TS on a fairly regular basis you probably have noticed that there has always been another rather consistent, but edgier, anonymous voice that seems to pop up whenever I am supposedly credited with posting something. That anonymous voice exhibits a couple of fairly unique characteristics distinctly different from those that Perspective typically exhibits. It definitely has a nastier edge to it and it always strikes me that they have a decidedly pro-Scorpions and pro-ECNL bias. Aside from sharing a common belief that I am an arrogant *****, this anonymous voice really seems to have much different opinions from those of Perspective and you can actually separate them along their philosophical lines.

My read on this particular poster is they are a long time club coach who really sees themselves and their club as the primary force behind the success of players. We seem to clash often on topics ranging from commitments to player development because I tend to hold fairly polar views on the role of the coach and club in the success of the players. This sort of thread is a fairly typical flash point. My suspicion is he firmly believes that the Scorpions deserve credit for what KM has gone on to become and saw your questions as a setup for someone (presumably me) to come in and crap on the club. That drives him nuts.

For what it is worth, it don’t actually think there is any criticism that you could levy at the Scorpions in this situation simply because they clearly didn’t screw her up. She’s a marvelous player and the truth be told, there are a lot of clubs out there that absolutely would have screwed her up and because of that we might never have even heard of her if not for the Scorpions. My personal point of view though is, that is just not that big of deal because I am not a big believer in the primary importance of environment in player development. Personally I think a talent like KM would have developed to be what she is in a lot of different clubs. Don't get me wrong, environment does have an impact, just not an overly weighty one. I know that rubs this particular poster the wrong way and whenever they get a sense my general philosophies are being expressed they tends to attack. That being the case I suggest that you not just lay this thread entirely off as Perspective's handiwork.

Comment

Followed your suggestion below and read this,. It speaks more to what is going on here than any of this nonsensical back and forth.
                      Thanks, BTDT. A great golden oldie from you.

Comment

Thanks, BTDT. A great golden oldie from you.
                        That's probably the closest dart I've ever seen you throw at BTDT. He might've actually authored that post. Might have.

Comment

Nice to see two freshman Mass. women on the Harvard roster:

3 Alli Wiggins Freshman Forward Methuen, Mass. Central Catholic
                          21 Niki Young Freshman Defender/Midfielder Needham, Mass. Milton Academy

Comment

BC
                            7 Gaby Carreiro FR Midfielder 5-2 Upton, Mass. Nipmuc
                            20 Monique Fischer FR Midfielder 5-6 Walpole, Mass. Noble & Greenough

Northeastern
                            4 Abbey Clapp Fr. F 5-4 Marshfield, Mass. Marshfield
                            20 Lizzie George Fr. M 5-6 Framingham, Mass. Framingham
                            21 Hannah Rosenblatt Fr. F/M 5-6 Lincoln, Mass. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional
                            24 Eve Goulet Fr. D 5-9 Sutton, Mass. Sutton

BU
                            17 Julianna Chen FR M 5-7 Milton, Mass./Noble and Greenough School
                            19 Pietra Sweeney FR D 5-6 Acton, Mass./Acton-Boxborough
                            11 Dorrie Varley-Barrett FR M 5-6 Chelmsford, Mass./Groton School

Holy Cross
                            00 Emma Gurchiek G 5-9 Fr. Barrington, R.I. (Barrington)
                            2 Lily Puccia M 5-2 Fr. Andover, Mass. (Andover)
                            11 Andj Seslija F 5-4 Fr. Sarajevo, Bosnia & Herzegovina (Worcester Academy)
                            23 Stephanie Lund M/F 5-9 Fr. Walpole, Mass. (Walpole)

Comment

except that "ECNL costs an arm and a leg due to all the travel" is talking point #1 on the NEFC hit parade, and is the primary selling point for GPS, Aztec, etc. to prevent defections of their top talent to ECNL clubs...
                              They all cost too much money. Its a arms race of mutually assured destruction of the kids, clubs and parents bank accounts. Just pick your poison and stop bitching.

Comment

They all cost too much money. Its a arms race of mutually assured destruction of the kids, clubs and parents bank accounts. Just pick your poison and stop bitching.
                                Exactly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X