Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At least Scott had enough to smarts to find the ones who could actually buy. In that respect he is miles up on Fred, no?
    I dont get the hype you basically took two small average clubs and made one bigger average club. Am I missing something?

Comment

With these recent mergers with weak clubs it is clear that NEFC's mission has a trajectory like that followed by MPS/GPS (quantity first). I see these two now battling it out for the lower quality/high volume market in Mass.

Comment

I dont get the hype you basically took two small average clubs and made one bigger average club. Am I missing something?
        I hear you, but yes you are! BW is small and going in the wrong direction, but have some decent players. A couple will help the top NEFC teams right away. Plus now they can move a little deaper into RI. I don't know if BW competes in RI State Cup, but that would be a plus for NEFC trophy page. Access to more facilities and coaches, and ability to spread the brand into RI and gain players from south coast as well. This will help create better top teams for NEFC, just by gaining numbers and marketing to a under served area. This will no doubt create a higher profile at the Regional and National level. I think the CSU, Scorps, stars, and MPS that operate in or around area, are concerned.

Comment

the good news is there are still plenty of smaller terrible maple clubs for clueless parents to join
          .... Or for NEFC to merge with.

Comment

With these recent mergers with weak clubs it is clear that NEFC's mission has a trajectory like that followed by MPS/GPS (quantity first). I see these two now battling it out for the lower quality/high volume market in Mass.
            Having experienced both NEFC and MPS, I would send my players to NEFC any day. The quality is much better. I truly hope NEFC does not lose this edge as they get bigger.

Comment

NEFC is small? Looks like some folks are getting nervous!

Comment

Which stinks pretty bad all over Massachusetts and makes some real talents avoid these two clubs

Comment

Which stinks pretty bad all over Massachusetts and makes some real talents avoid these two clubs
                  Huh????

Comment

Having experienced both NEFC and MPS, I would send my players to NEFC any day. The quality is much better. I truly hope NEFC does not lose this edge as they get bigger.
                    Thanks Pat, Now run up stairs before you miss out on mommy's lunch she prepared.

Comment

Used to be but not much difference these days

Comment

NEFC is small? Looks like some folks are getting nervous!
                        I think hey meant NEFC SC and in that case yes they are small and not very good. JD academy teams being smacked around by towns teams all winter at sherwood.

Not
                        Elite
                        Football
                        Club

In the south coast is more accurate!

NPL and Elite teams are as strong as any wont argue that. but there is only so much room and if I am a BW parent this means they are going to MAYBE steal our best player or two and leave my kids team that was already very average in ruins. You have to feel good about that!

But it does not surprise me SC never gave a ***** about the kids always about the $$$$$. This is why they were on the brink of collapse and never field many older teams.

Comment

i'm from CT, i don't like the whole massive club with multiple branches concept. but NEFC's top team in every age group from u-11 to u-14 are great… any mass poster that says otherwise is delusional/jealous...

Comment

I think hey meant NEFC SC and in that case yes they are small and not very good. JD academy teams being smacked around by towns teams all winter at sherwood.

Not
                            Elite
                            Football
                            Club

In the south coast is more accurate!

NPL and Elite teams are as strong as any wont argue that. but there is only so much room and if I am a BW parent this means they are going to MAYBE steal our best player or two and leave my kids team that was already very average in ruins. You have to feel good about that!

But it does not surprise me SC never gave a ***** about the kids always about the $$$$$. This is why they were on the brink of collapse and never field many older teams.
                            Steal the best player? Aren't they one group now. They might put all the best kids together to form the best team. Is that a bad thing?

Comment

Steal the best player? Aren't they one group now. They might put all the best kids together to form the best team. Is that a bad thing?
                              Ya, all just one big happy family now.

Comment

"Steal" is an interesting word choice.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X