Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"how many players play on a world cup team from BC??? "
    SM is on the U23 national team, MM obviously, Next year GC with the U17 NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      BC plays in the most competitive conference against the best players in the country. Patriot, AAC and Ivy leagues don't come close. Whether they are middle of the pack, or cellar dwellers, BC players experience the game at an entirely different level than other local teams. Top players strive to compete at this level.
      You're right--the Patriot League doesn't even come close, except for the Patriot League team that beat BC.

Comment

You're right--the Patriot League doesn't even come close, except for the Patriot League team that beat BC.
        Please. BC fans never let things like results on the field stand in the way of their argument

Comment

GC is u17 I am asking about the older team....

now go check Harvard and look at US world cup team, England and Germany....that my dear BC fansis not to shabby or as you say " strive to compete at this level" looks like Harvard may have the level you speak of, and BU well they beat you so they have it too !!!

Comment

I admit Harvard, BU, and UConn come sorta close. Their respective leagues and schedules are a bit less. As is the depth and quality of their rosters. Facilities, Harvard and UConn get the nod. Academics, well it is Harvard. BC remains clearly better when judging the soccer program. I will even admit this might change over time, just not in the foreseeable future. Why is it others can't give the Eagles credit? I just don't get it.

Comment

Should we then suggest that some of the BU players should be on the NT since these NT players attending BC cannot beat an ordinary Patriots league team?

Comment

BC plays in the most competitive conference against the best players in the country. Patriot, AAC and Ivy leagues don't come close. Whether they are middle of the pack, or cellar dwellers, BC players experience the game at an entirely different level than other local teams. Top players strive to compete at this level.
                Your point? League bragging rights are more important than actually learning how to play the game? Any player seriously considering playing at a higher level upon graduation will not be heading to BC. Those that are there now got sucked in by a reputation that is 4, 5 or more years past. Unless BC can reproduce that past success, they aren't going to continue to attract the same players they have in the past and things aren't looking too good for the coming season. The better coaching is over at BU. regardless of the league.

Comment

Should we then suggest that some of the BU players should be on the NT since these NT players attending BC cannot beat an ordinary Patriots league team?
                  At least one player on the BU squad is a teammate of SM on the U23 NT.

Kylie Strom (Boston University; Endicott, N.Y.)

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014...le-camp-roster

Comment

Your point? League bragging rights are more important than actually learning how to play the game? Any player seriously considering playing at a higher level upon graduation will not be heading to BC. Those that are there now got sucked in by a reputation that is 4, 5 or more years past. Unless BC can reproduce that past success, they aren't going to continue to attract the same players they have in the past and things aren't looking too good for the coming season. The better coaching is over at BU. regardless of the league.
                    Last I checked, BC made the Elite 8 last year. BU won a home game against Harvard and lost in the second round. Point BC.

Comment

Last I checked, BC made the Elite 8 last year. BU won a home game against Harvard and lost in the second round. Point BC.
                      Their draw in the tourney helped them immensely. Nebraska was overseeded and Portland got knocked out early. The elite 8 game against FSU was an embarrassment

Save last year's bracket. You wont be seeing a run like that again

Comment

Their draw in the tourney helped them immensely. Nebraska was overseeded and Portland got knocked out early. The elite 8 game against FSU was an embarrassment

BC beat the team that beat Portland.

If losing in the Elite 8 is an embarassment, what is losing in the second round?

Comment

My dd has committed to Colorado. She liked the campus and the program and the coaches were terrific during the process. They only saw her play in Las Vegas, Surf and maybe ODP (not sure however). Also what was attractive is they were sweet 16 last year. However they too got taken to the woodshed by FSU. She's looking forward to the challenge of the Pac 12, although it's two years away.

Comment

I admit Harvard, BU, and UConn come sorta close. Their respective leagues and schedules are a bit less. As is the depth and quality of their rosters. Facilities, Harvard and UConn get the nod. Academics, well it is Harvard. BC remains clearly better when judging the soccer program. I will even admit this might change over time, just not in the foreseeable future. Why is it others can't give the Eagles credit? I just don't get it.
                            Schadenfreude. BC has always gloated (and overstated, IMO) its preeminence. So when the apple starts to lose its shine, we are very happy to point it out. :)

Payback bc fans. (And are you too obtuse to grasp
                            Fandom)

Comment

Pointing something out doesn't mean you are right.

Comment

Pointing something out doesn't mean you are right.
                                And pointing out facts is a meaningless endeavor.

Blah, blah, blah. You are too stupid to argue with any further....

Have a great season BC. Looking forward to seeing you make it to elite 8, final 4 and winning the title!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X