Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Field, Ambulances, Police, Boys will be Boys

Nice display put on by Western United Pioneers and FC United yesterday. Especially for the young u 12 waiting to take the field. Can't wait to hear the NEP response when these former pioneer teams play on those nice field in sherborn.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nice display put on by Western United Pioneers and FC United yesterday. Especially for the young u 12 waiting to take the field. Can't wait to hear the NEP response when these former pioneer teams play on those nice field in sherborn.
    How about some facts for those who were not at the game?

Comment

Didn't see what happened during the game to get temperatures rising. I believe it was a u17 game.

I just saw a mele during the handshakes. It was reported that during the hand shakes a Pioneer pulled a United player down to the ground and then started to kick him in the head with his cleats. Erupted into a free for all. Refs and coaches did their best to clean up the mess.

Comment

Didn't see what happened during the game to get temperatures rising. I believe it was a u17 game.

I just saw a mele during the handshakes. It was reported that during the hand shakes a Pioneer pulled a United player down to the ground and then started to kick him in the head with his cleats. Erupted into a free for all. Refs and coaches did their best to clean up the mess.
        criminal. that Pioneers kid needs some jail/juve time

Comment

Agreed. That's assault with a deadly weapon (shod foot). Maybe not jail/juve time. Depends on the extent to which the other kid was hurt. Kid needs to be scared straight or he will end up in jail if he can't control the anger issue

Comment

To be fair, that is just one side of the story, what if the united player punched, spit, etc?

No excuse for kicking someone in the head though. I would respectfully suggest more then a one game suspension is warranted.

Comment

I guess we will have to see when next year when the Pioneers become part of the NEP. Until then, this was two MAPLE teams.

Be that as it may, this incident was not specific to any particular league, but more so the player and his coach......and, perhaps parents who raised him.

Try to keep a proper perspective and focus on what is real and what you see, or want to see, as real.

Comment

I think you are talking about Pioneers U18.

Comment

I think you are talking about Pioneers U18.
                  Yes since there were no Pioneers teams playing in the u17 boys brackets.

Comment

To be fair, Western United has NOT yet merged with Pioneers so please don't lump them in with Western United (yet). They are a completely separate and distinct team not associated with WU at this time.

Comment

Was it a maple game or NEP game?

Comment

Pioneers are not in NEP

Comment

U !8 Maple Div I

This was a U-18 MAPLE game. The game was not really that chippy until the very end. I think the ref may have ended it a little early, but I was not keeping time. FC player clearly started the fight after the hand shake. Not sure of his number; but he went back to the Pioneers bench and took a swing a a Pioneer player. It got a bit crazy after that with both sides swinging with coaches, refs trying to get order. Did see FC player kicked, didn't see where from opposite side of field. He came running off the field saying he was kicked in head. Terrible way to finish season.

Comment

Why don't we do what the professionals do and avoid all this nonsense? Have the kids shake hands before the game and when the games over, it's over.

Comment

This was a U-18 MAPLE game. The game was not really that chippy until the very end. I think the ref may have ended it a little early, but I was not keeping time. FC player clearly started the fight after the hand shake. Not sure of his number; but he went back to the Pioneers bench and took a swing a a Pioneer player. It got a bit crazy after that with both sides swinging with coaches, refs trying to get order. Did see FC player kicked, didn't see where from opposite side of field. He came running off the field saying he was kicked in head. Terrible way to finish season.
                              And here is another side to the story...

It takes two peole to fight, and its looking like this event was not the unprovoked attack on the FC player as was first reported.

Once again, there are always at least two sides to every story, and somewhere within lies the truth.

The truth is, this never should have happened, no matter who started it or who said/did what.

Shaking hands before the game is a good idea.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X