Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear BOD,

Congratulations on admitting that you totally screwed things up by changing the 15 mile rule without thinking threw the consequences. The half-baked plan on how to add new clubs has backfired and created a mess that you don’t know how to clean up.

I think it is great you have decided to have a special meeting next Tuesday to properly vet the new applicants instead of rubber stamping everyone that has come through so far.

Now for the bad part…. The meeting will be a “secret” executive session! Dear Mr. President. You ran on a platform of reform and openness to bridge the divide that exists between the BOD and the membership. Do you remember that? Do you remember your passionate pod casts? You even mentioned that the secret sessions are bad in the meeting last night but then voted for it?? I don’t understand the flip-flop. If you want the membership to support the actions of the BOD you need to stop hiding in executive session!

Dear BOD, Please put your big boy pants on. I’m sorry you can’t handle being open and honest in front of the membership.

Mike S, I’m sorry you feel you shouldn’t be held accountable for actions that you have taken and that perhaps some people may not like your opinions. That comes with being in office and you should know that.

It is improper and unethical to hide behind closed doors when important matters are being discussed. (listen to the meeting 2 hours and 32 minutes in) Kye, you ran and were elected on the platform of openness and then you sit silent. Now is the time to act. You are the leader… now make things happen!

FYSA in secret

I love this line "There needs to be a space when board members can speak their minds without everything in public. There is no purpose of having a board if we can't speak to each other honestly and we are always thinking about people listening to us"

I am not sure what board member said it, but are you not then saying .. you can be honest amongst each other then be dishonest when public facing?

Then someone says "people take things out of context and get mad at people." Perhaps, so isn't it better to have the record open for all so you can stand by what the record says? hiding your meetings will only increase suspicion and rumors.

Comment

Election

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Congratulations on admitting that you totally screwed things up by changing the 15 mile rule without thinking threw the consequences. The half-baked plan on how to add new clubs has backfired and created a mess that you don’t know how to clean up.

I think it is great you have decided to have a special meeting next Tuesday to properly vet the new applicants instead of rubber stamping everyone that has come through so far.

Now for the bad part…. The meeting will be a “secret” executive session! Dear Mr. President. You ran on a platform of reform and openness to bridge the divide that exists between the BOD and the membership. Do you remember that? Do you remember your passionate pod casts? You even mentioned that the secret sessions are bad in the meeting last night but then voted for it?? I don’t understand the flip-flop. If you want the membership to support the actions of the BOD you need to stop hiding in executive session!

Dear BOD, Please put your big boy pants on. I’m sorry you can’t handle being open and honest in front of the membership.

Mike S, I’m sorry you feel you shouldn’t be held accountable for actions that you have taken and that perhaps some people may not like your opinions. That comes with being in office and you should know that.

It is improper and unethical to hide behind closed doors when important matters are being discussed. (listen to the meeting 2 hours and 32 minutes in) Kye, you ran and were elected on the platform of openness and then you sit silent. Now is the time to act. You are the leader… now make things happen!
      Just think, instead of whining you could have run for one of the many board positions available and you would know what's going on.
      All those volunteers trying to make things better and idiots are always complaining.

Comment

Don't sunshine laws prohibit this?

Comment

Only if they are a governmental or quasi governmental entity, which I doubt.

Don't sunshine laws prohibit this?

Comment

Just think, instead of whining you could have run for one of the many board positions available and you would know what's going on.
            All those volunteers trying to make things better and idiots are always complaining.
            I agree. Why are you so obsessed with the FYSA. It's a dying organization anyway. Most clubs are now moving to US Club. Get on board - FYSA is dead.

Comment

All failing

I agree. Why are you so obsessed with the FYSA. It's a dying organization anyway. Most clubs are now moving to US Club. Get on board - FYSA is dead.
              I've heard nothing but complaints about the FCL and that's US Club

Comment

I say let them all in. Parents can decide for themselves which schmuck to believe.

The fact is that the OP has nothing to offer his/her customers and doesn't want to have to go out and earn their $1600/yr per player.

Better for the OP to run a rec club.

Comment

I say let them all in. Parents can decide for themselves which schmuck to believe.

The fact is that the OP has nothing to offer his/her customers and doesn't want to have to go out and earn their $1600/yr per player.

Better for the OP to run a rec club.
                  What does any of this have to do with the FYSA BOD moving votes to behind closed doors? This is not about the 15 mile rule or clubs at all. Its about a group of people who run soccer for the state and feel they need to hide in closed meetings. Do you feel that is the best way to run an organization?

Comment

Hiding?

What does any of this have to do with the FYSA BOD moving votes to behind closed doors? This is not about the 15 mile rule or clubs at all. Its about a group of people who run soccer for the state and feel they need to hide in closed meetings. Do you feel that is the best way to run an organization?
                    If you don't know what kind of info they are talking about how do you know what they are hiding? Did you ever think they are protecting confidential information so they don't open themselves up to lawsuits? Possible liable charges? Many, many organizations have closed meetings. Get over it. Run next year and get on the board....

Comment

If you don't know what kind of info they are talking about how do you know what they are hiding? Did you ever think they are protecting confidential information so they don't open themselves up to lawsuits? Possible liable charges? Many, many organizations have closed meetings. Get over it. Run next year and get on the board....
                      I agree! These are all volunteers. All the meetings should be closed as it is nobody's business what goes on here. The BOD is spending a lot and time and effort to do what they think is best. The members voted in this BOD and have to live by the choices they made. If they don't like the results they can vote them out when their term expires.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X