Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Select the most expensive club in MA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are so I’ll informed. Scorpions has 50+ teams at this point, boys & girls, and is growing year over year. Oh, and the owners hate Select, so there is zero chance those two clubs could ever work together.

The merger that should happen is Scorpions & Bayside. Would be 100 boys & girls teams RI to Boston.
    Except bayside sucks

Comment

Except bayside sucks
      Bayside has a good boys program and has MLS Next, which is the highest level boys league. Scorpsions has ECNL, which is the defacto highest girls league. I don’t think this will happen, but I could understand the merger.

Comment

What is an ECNL league spot worth, because it is all scorpions is,

It only buys you 22 roster spots times 7 teams... even at Selects rates that is about $770,000 a year in straight Tution,

I would think NR and EB would want at least 2 million, and have the option to stay as coaches.
        Its more likely when GA folds that selects top teams will go into the DOUBLE IMPACT NPL League headed up by LL than it is is for select at any point go into ECNL. Even if they bought Scorpions the ECNL board will never let LL in.

Comment

Bayside has a good boys program and has MLS Next, which is the highest level boys league. Scorpsions has ECNL, which is the defacto highest girls league. I don’t think this will happen, but I could understand the merger.
          Actually sounds like a perfect merger. Combined there would be a lot of upper 2nd & 3rd tier teams along with top opportunities for boys and girls. Regions seem to line up well. Nice facilities.
          I believe in the recent past they both try and do each others tournaments, so already a relationship.

Comment

Actually sounds like a perfect merger. Combined there would be a lot of upper 2nd & 3rd tier teams along with top opportunities for boys and girls. Regions seem to line up well. Nice facilities.
            I believe in the recent past they both try and do each others tournaments, so already a relationship.
            Like clockwork every single late April for the past 4 years we get the Select is going to merge so they can get into ECNL. Surprise surprise its late April and another merger rumor from select parents. Listen GA cant be that bad can it??

Comment

What a compliment to SSS to get this type of publicity. They must be doing something right to earn all of these threads. We all know where the noise is coming from.

Comment

Like clockwork every single late April for the past 4 years we get the Select is going to merge so they can get into ECNL. Surprise surprise its late April and another merger rumor from select parents. Listen GA cant be that bad can it??
                Actually Ga is the best! Don’t you see all the ECNL players running, I mean sprinting, to tryout for a GA team? Select has so many girls trying out for GA and IMPACT NPL it is crazy. GA rocks forever... or until it folds.

Comment

2021-2022 GA offers...another price increase...$4,500...speechless...

Comment

Really? That's alot of money to pay for club soccer.

Comment

What fresh hell is this? Pre-offers in April?

Comment

It's $4495.00....... while supply lasts.

Comment

Actually Ga is the best! Don’t you see all the ECNL players running, I mean sprinting, to tryout for a GA team? Select has so many girls trying out for GA and IMPACT NPL it is crazy. GA rocks forever... or until it folds.
                          $4500 for the opportunity to play IMPACT NPL seems about right. IMPACT NPL will someday soon be the league of the future!

Comment

You can spin all the extra stuff included in the cost that takes place at the South Shore Sports Center that cost LL nothing. It is pure profit in her pocket. Most clubs offer all the stuff at a fraction of the cost that SSS charges for $4,500. Look at what they charge that is not at the SSSC and that tells you all you need to know. Tournaments? College ID sessions? Both are included at our club in the cost. Summer camp? How many are included in your fee. How much do they charge. It should be the cost of the tournament divided by the team number. $1,200/18 = $67 per player. I am sure it is alt least twice that cost. Nice try SSS administration on trying to spin your cost analysis but anybody with half a business brain can see right through your scheme.

Comment

$4500 for the opportunity to play IMPACT NPL seems about right. IMPACT NPL will someday soon be the league of the future!
                              I hope you are trolling?!?! Because IMPACT NPL is an absolute f’en joke. You are trolling right?

Comment

You can spin all the extra stuff included in the cost that takes place at the South Shore Sports Center that cost LL nothing. It is pure profit in her pocket. Most clubs offer all the stuff at a fraction of the cost that SSS charges for $4,500. Look at what they charge that is not at the SSSC and that tells you all you need to know. Tournaments? College ID sessions? Both are included at our club in the cost. Summer camp? How many are included in your fee. How much do they charge. It should be the cost of the tournament divided by the team number. $1,200/18 = $67 per player. I am sure it is alt least twice that cost. Nice try SSS administration on trying to spin your cost analysis but anybody with half a business brain can see right through your scheme.
                                I am assuming you are replying to my post in another thread. It is obvious you don't understand how businesses work. Everything has a cost. For every hour that SSS uses up at the Sports Center it is one less hour they are collecting a field rental fee from another entity. So, yes, these extra programs cost them money.

All the instructors that run these programs for them need to get paid, so yes, this costs them money.

Tournaments, do not only cost the entry fee. You have to take coaching expenses like flights, hotel rooms, food etc into account. Not to mention the admin cost, the marketing cost and the overall cost of doing business.

We do have 2 summer camps included. I am not sure about College ID clinics as my daughter is younger.

Now here is where most people have the hardest time understanding. Select is a Corportation. They are a business. Businesses work to make profits. So, at the end of the day there has to be money to continue to reinvest in the company or it will not survive for long.

I have a sneaking suspicion though that none of that matters to you as you are most likely someone with an agenda.

Definitely not an SSS admin either, lol. It is strongly encouraged to all SSS coaches and employees to not read or post on this site. This would only legitimize the lies and filth that gets spewed on here. Not just about SSS but all Clubs and coaches who have had horrible lies spread about them.

That's it! That is my contribution on the matter. You can continue with your agenda now.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X