Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. Core requirements not completed have tripped up several recent students from playing in college. They tried to catch up with community college classes, but hardly anyone ever does.

2. You really don't want to attend a college that will accept a student who just meets NCAA GPA requirements. They are very minimal and your peers in class will be on the low end of the academic spectrum.
    Exactly why I listed the important core course requirements and check with the colleges. Too many people wait until the end of junior and senior year to figure out college. I come across it all of the time when players' parents say that they're waiting to do things then. Too late for most kids as the requirements for NCCA/NAIA have changed and the competition to get into colleges and universities is much more complicated and difficult then in years past.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Congrats!!!! So tell me....I know GPA is really important. What is the required GPA?
      Folks, you gotta do your own foot work! All schools are different. The NCAA has their minimum GPA for eligibility, but then schools create their own policies beyond this. Some schools don't even look at GPA. A friend of ours shared that NC Chapel Hill completely ignores GPA. Not because grades don't matter, but because so high schools base GPA on weighted averages, some on 16 point scales, some on 4 point scales and some on 100 point scales. They look at letter grades, and difficulty of courses.

If a school interests you, contact them, you will get much better information...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X