Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious...Could this affect players prior commitments to college? I think Needham has at least a couple of girls committed to D1 programs. Hate to see that blow up in their faces!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Just curious...Could this affect players prior commitments to college? I think Needham has at least a couple of girls committed to D1 programs. Hate to see that blow up in their faces!
      A pending felony charge is not a good thing if this plays out the way it potentially could.

Comment

I'm a bit amazed that people are more concerned with the well being of the perpetrators and their soccer future. what about the victims? There is a reason that this is considered such a serious issue......there are victims.

Comment

What happened?
          http://www.wickedlocal.com/needham/s...bers-suspended

Comment

What happened?
            Perhaps the title of the thread may help

Comment

Sick

Carl T. is also the PARENT of one of the hazers! So is the coach/parent also trying to get an injunction for his daughter?

Sick that the parents feel their daughters playing in a game is more important then the physical and emotional distress they inflicted on someone else's daughter. If the tables were turned what would their feelings be?

How would the girls who were hazed feel if these bullies were allowed back - if the game was decided to be more important than them? In my opinion if anyone was going to decide whether they were allowed back or not it should be the victims and the victims parents.

I would like to see an A&B charge filed - enough with the bullying in school being treated as something other than what it is.

Fire the coach.
              Throw the girls off the team.

Comment

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/ran...pies-involved/

Comment

I'm a bit amazed that people are more concerned with the well being of the perpetrators and their soccer future. what about the victims? There is a reason that this is considered such a serious issue......there are victims.
                  I wish to start by saying that I think hazing is a part of team sports, sororities and fraternaties. MIAA clearly bans this practice and the suspensions were warranted (congratulations to the principal for not waiting until after the playoffs to address this).

Since, however, the parents of the five seniors clearly believe that this is all much ado about nothing, why don't they volunteer to be led around the soccer field by dog leashes at tonight's game with pies smeared over their faces to show everyone how insignificant they think the hazing rules and the principal's authority are in this case.

Comment

dog leashes

The upperclass players pulled several freshmen along the field in dog leashes.
                    hmmmmmmmmm
                    This would, in fact, be potentially humiliating and a sign of superiority/seniority, both of which would fall under the category of bullying.

Although I suspect we all have stories in our youth that rival this or even make this look like nothing, however, in today's environment with the recent issues surrounding bullying and humiliation, I don't think that this behavior has any place anywhere regardless of whether or not the Freshman or any parent found it to be an issue or not.

The Needham girls deserve to be punished.....even suspended from the playoff game. The coach, if he was in any sense aware, should be relieved. This is the only way to make an impact on these people as well as others. There are plenty of other ways to welcome new members to the team.

Comment

My two cents. It is hard to have any defense against a hazing because it has become such a high profile topic in education circles with great efforts to educate students about it in the past few years. It would be the school, A.D. and most importantly, the coach's job to create the environment where hazing will not occur. If they have addressed it then the kids and coach have little excuse. To say in afterthought that it was harmless is no excuse whatsoever. If the reported acts took place then I would be confident that it falls in the hazing category.

Comment

The upperclass players pulled several freshmen along the field in dog leashes.
                        hmmmmmmmmm
                        This would, in fact, be potentially humiliating and a sign of superiority/seniority, both of which would fall under the category of bullying.

Although I suspect we all have stories in our youth that rival this or even make this look like nothing, however, in today's environment with the recent issues surrounding bullying and humiliation, I don't think that this behavior has any place anywhere regardless of whether or not the Freshman or any parent found it to be an issue or not.

The Needham girls deserve to be punished.....even suspended from the playoff game. The coach, if he was in any sense aware, should be relieved. This is the only way to make an impact on these people as well as others. There are plenty of other ways to welcome new members to the team.
                        According to the report, the coach knew of it but failed to report it in a timely manner. Probably waiting for their season to be over?

Comment

You have to remember these are Needham parents and the same rules never apply in Needham. Remember the players that lived in neighboring towns and everyone knew it but they could play on the Needham team. Rules are different for Needham player & parents
                          Must be all Democrats. :D

Comment

As the parent of a senior captain (for another school), I would be absolutely horrified if my daughter participated in or condoned this behavior.... in fact, I can't even imagine such a thing crossing her mind, in any way, shape or form. It is NOT inconsequential, fun, funny or "just a prank" and shame on the parents for pushing this into the courtroom. And for raising kids that would do such a thing. Am I being judgmental? Yes I am. Being a team leader (as a senior, captain or not) carries a lot of weight, and there is a right way and a wrong way to behave and build team cohesiveness. There is no gray area here.

Comment

Is this the same guy who coaches at NEFC?

Comment

Is this the same guy who coaches at NEFC?

http://nefc.us/index.php?page=3072

Comment

Working...
                                X