Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why did you start with club to begin with? If she has no interest in high school soccer you are indeed wasting your time and money. Good luck!

Now, lastly, imagine that BTDT HAS pretended to be someone like yourself in efforts to score points for his ridiculous agendas. If you knew that to be true, what would you think?
    What is his agenda?

Comment

Why did you start with club to begin with? If she has no interest in high school soccer you are indeed wasting your time and money. Good luck!

Now, lastly, imagine that BTDT HAS pretended to be someone like yourself in efforts to score points for his ridiculous agendas. If you knew that to be true, what would you think?
      Her older sister played and she started out with clinics at 7 and then wanted to play at U9 so she has been playing since before 8. Kids passions change. I knew she was never going to the WNT or anything but she wanted to play so we let her. She played both town and club right along. Many people have said on this site you can't train passion and drive, my kid never had it in spades and it seems to be diminishing the last year or so. To be clear it isn't the club or coaches fault it is an internal trait she no longer has. I would have to say that my family isn't alone. Isn't the drop off rate very high at 14/15 - maybe like 40% or something?

Comment

Her older sister played and she started out with clinics at 7 and then wanted to play at U9 so she has been playing since before 8. Kids passions change. I knew she was never going to the WNT or anything but she wanted to play so we let her. She played both town and club right along. Many people have said on this site you can't train passion and drive, my kid never had it in spades and it seems to be diminishing the last year or so. To be clear it isn't the club or coaches fault it is an internal trait she no longer has. I would have to say that my family isn't alone. Isn't the drop off rate very high at 14/15 - maybe like 40% or something?
        Yes the drop off rate really kicks in around that age. I would say 13-15 from what I have seen with my kids.

Comment

What is his agenda?
          This is what I don't get. I haven't been on this forum for years, but if his daughter is already off in college, what is he, a coach or Admin or something with a club?

Comment

This is what I don't get. I haven't been on this forum for years, but if his daughter is already off in college, what is he, a coach or Admin or something with a club?
            While he most likely doesn't post as often as he is blamed for, let there be no doubt that he does. And, he does pontificate on those who spend money to play soccer, who aren't in the 1%.

I think it's a way to brag, as he has an exceptional kid and needs to let us know about it.

Comment

He's just a crazed Dad with some extreme narcissism and "know-it-all" issues along with a ton of vengeance. In other words, like a lot of us here but just massively worse.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X