Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ODP Development Camp

I have a 2005 player that was invited to the camp. Is it worth doing for a 2005 player?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a 2005 player that was invited to the camp. Is it worth doing for a 2005 player?
    No you weren't. 2004's are the youngest that are invited in FL

Comment

No you weren't. 2004's are the youngest that are invited in FL
      Not the OP but you are wrong. Invites went out for Memorial Weekend Camp for 2005s. Sorry you were not invited.

Comment

Yes. Good experience. Taste of ODP.

Comment

I agree. My daughter went last year as a 2004 and had a great experience.

Comment

Good experience and allows kids to get experience with different coaches and players from there club team sets stage for following year region camp

Comment

Good experience and allows kids to get experience with different coaches and players from there club team sets stage for following year region camp
              Thank you all for your feedback!

Comment

Do it as it gives them a early look at the player

Comment

11/12 year olds lol lol lol

When your boy / girl is a 15 ,if he / she is still playing and is good by American standards then let's talk. Right now there is no serious way to predict what your kid will be. I don't care what acronym you use - ODP - DA or otherwise.

I love it. So they can get an early look! Hahahaha.

Go pay !!

Comment

When your boy / girl is a 15 ,if he / she is still playing and is good by American standards then let's talk. Right now there is no serious way to predict what your kid will be. I don't care what acronym you use - ODP - DA or otherwise.

Go pay !!
                    Wow. You're so angry. Look, it's okay that your kid sucks at soccer. I'm sure he/she will still find something in life to succeed at.... Or not, but it's okay....Hahahaha.....

Comment

Wow. You're so angry. Look, it's okay that your kid sucks at soccer. I'm sure he/she will still find something in life to succeed at.... Or not, but it's okay....Hahahaha.....
                      I don't think they are angry, they just don't share your same enthusiasm for identifying kids at such a young age and they happen to be right. BTW, if anyone is angry, that would be you with the "your kid sucks comment"

The truth is that your kid COULD be a superstar at 11/12, but a year or 2 later they're the one that sucks. Don't kid yourself man.

Comment

Go pay !!
                        OP here. You may be correct however I really was just interested in something different this summer. Different coaching from his regular club, different kids to play with/against and hopefully a few new friends made at the camp. I have no idea what type of player he will be at 15 and I'm not really worried about it right now.
                        Again, thank you for the feedback. Hopefully it will be a great experience for him.

Comment

I don't think they are angry, they just don't share your same enthusiasm for identifying kids at such a young age and they happen to be right. BTW, if anyone is angry, that would be you with the "your kid sucks comment"

The truth is that your kid COULD be a superstar at 11/12, but a year or 2 later they're the one that sucks. Don't kid yourself man.
                          Doesn't matter what your kid COULD be in 2 years. What matters is making the most of opportunities when they present themselves. You could be unemployed in two years, that's no reason to quit your job tomorrow. You do your best with what you've got every day. I'm just sick of these know-it-alls bashing ODP because "it's just a money-grab" and "your kid will never play on the Nat'l team". Truth is my kid was super star at 11 and is still a super star going off to play in college. Never made the Nat'l team, but went a long way with ODP and is a better player for the experience. So whether you share anyone else's enthusiasm is beside the point. Who are you, or anyone else to tell a parent they're wasting their time in ODP? I stand by my statement that the people bashing ODP are parents of kids who didn't make the cut.

Comment

Disney ?

Comment

You mentioned the D word. This thread is toast:(

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X