Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, Miramar (which has played ZERO top clubs in the country) can hang, but WFF (which has BEATEN top tier teams in the country) isn't included because they lost to OCYS?
    It seems WFF is a player in national tournaments, top of the 2nd tier in FL?

Comment

So, Miramar (which has played ZERO top clubs in the country) can hang, but WFF (which has BEATEN top tier teams in the country) isn't included because they lost to OCYS?
      I personally don't know if they belong in that category or not, my boys haven't played them but they looked very solid. WFF did not lose to OCYS, they were toyed with. That's a big margin for a quarter final match and, from what I hear, it should've been more.

Comment

I personally don't know if they belong in that category or not, my boys haven't played them but they looked very solid. WFF did not lose to OCYS, they were toyed with. That's a big margin for a quarter final match and, from what I hear, it should've been more.
        And fcf, ocys, acys, and many other teams have lost by even larger margins in the past. How many times everyone talk about some nobody beat fcf? Hmm. Or didn't fcf throw a beat down on acys lately while wff lost to a stacked fcf at a college showcase 1-0 lately on a late goal? Any given day.

Comment

And fcf, ocys, acys, and many other teams have lost by even larger margins in the past. How many times everyone talk about some nobody beat fcf? Hmm. Or didn't fcf throw a beat down on acys lately while wff lost to a stacked fcf at a college showcase 1-0 lately on a late goal? Any given day.
          Any given day! But I have to say that FCF vs WFF game was one sided. FCF should have beat them by more. You can watch the video yourself.

Comment

Any given day! But I have to say that FCF vs WFF game was one sided. FCF should have beat them by more. You can watch the video yourself.
            WFF is done. They are begging for players. They haven't been on top since they won SC years ago.

Comment

The last thing I want to do is defend WFF, but they did beat OCYS at the Disney Q and OCYS lost to Davie so which team is better? If you've been around long enough you know anything can happen in this game.

Having said that, I don't see how Miramar is continually mentioned since 4 days ago as being in the same category as OCYS, ACYS, FCF, WFF, Clay or CES. They tied Clay and my understanding is that they jumped out by 2 goals and Clay came back and tied them. Miramar had only 9 players?? Did they play in a way that resulted in 2 red cards?

Comment

The last thing I want to do is defend WFF, but they did beat OCYS at the Disney Q and OCYS lost to Davie so which team is better? If you've been around long enough you know anything can happen in this game.

Having said that, I don't see how Miramar is continually mentioned since 4 days ago as being in the same category as OCYS, ACYS, FCF, WFF, Clay or CES. They tied Clay and my understanding is that they jumped out by 2 goals and Clay came back and tied them. Miramar had only 9 players?? Did they play in a way that resulted in 2 red cards?
                Clay started some fresh legs and went down 2 to 0 in the first 10 minutes, came back to tie at 2-2 then pushed ahead to a 3-2 lead. Miramar equalized and it went to overtime. Both teams scored in OT then onto PK's where Clay lost 4 to 3.

Miramar is a good team, they did not play with 9 however. They had 11 and no subs then lost one player on double yellow. They finished with 10 players on the field.

Comment

Miramar went up 2-0 with one player visibly hurt and standing around like a cone. That kid did not make one run all game, he couldn't move. They took a 2-0 lead to half time. Clay pulled one back early in the second half. Then a Miramar player picked up a red for unsportsmanlike behavior. They held the score with basically 9 men until the 89th minute when Clay scored to tie. Both teams scored in OT and Miramar won in PKs. Tough to judge either team that day. Lots of cramping from a long weekend.

Comment

It's not even close. OC lost to WFF 1-0 in a shortened game at Disney. They've played twice since and the combined score was 6-1. The most recent 3-0 game wasn't remotely as close on the field as the score. OC is hands down better than WFF. As for Davie, that was a game where OC had 11, I would have to believe at full strength OC would handle Davie, but no way to tell.

Comment

Blah blah blah blah... at this point we just want final predictions. Anything else is just talk. Most of us are out anyways.

Comment

Blah blah blah blah... at this point we just want final predictions. Anything else is just talk. Most of us are out anyways.
                        OC v Clay will be close

ACYS v Miramar will not be

Both games will still be way to early for players and fans. Only hope is that the Miramar parents and coach won't be as insane sense it's so early.

Comment

Miramar went up 2-0 with one player visibly hurt and standing around like a cone. That kid did not make one run all game, he couldn't move. They took a 2-0 lead to half time. Clay pulled one back early in the second half. Then a Miramar player picked up a red for unsportsmanlike behavior. They held the score with basically 9 men until the 89th minute when Clay scored to tie. Both teams scored in OT and Miramar won in PKs. Tough to judge either team that day. Lots of cramping from a long weekend.
                          Miramar 4 Clay County 2

Comment

It's not even close. OC lost to WFF 1-0 in a shortened game at Disney. They've played twice since and the combined score was 6-1. The most recent 3-0 game wasn't remotely as close on the field as the score. OC is hands down better than WFF. As for Davie, that was a game where OC had 11, I would have to believe at full strength OC would handle Davie, but no way to tell.
                            And if your kid was any good he would be playing on oc da not purple.

Comment

Florida Cup

Ok here's my view of Florida Cup this weekend:

FCF vs. Miramar Miramar is getting a lot of good press lately, but if FCF brings their best (which I think they will) FC Florida Prep will win.

ACYS vs. WFF The question after last weekend's SC performance by the Flames is, "Can they regroup". It would be impressive if they did, but have to go with ACYS.

The most surprising thing is the change of the schedule to 5:00 Saturday for the semifinals. With the finals at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, that leave 15 hours recovery between games. I understand this will let teams travel and not pay for a hotel on Friday, but the same thing could have been accomplished with a 1:00 p.m. game.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
                                Ok here's my view of Florida Cup this weekend:

FCF vs. Miramar Miramar is getting a lot of good press lately, but if FCF brings their best (which I think they will) FC Florida Prep will win.

ACYS vs. WFF The question after last weekend's SC performance by the Flames is, "Can they regroup". It would be impressive if they did, but have to go with ACYS.

The most surprising thing is the change of the schedule to 5:00 Saturday for the semifinals. With the finals at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday, that leave 15 hours recovery between games. I understand this will let teams travel and not pay for a hotel on Friday, but the same thing could have been accomplished with a 1:00 p.m. game.
                                Sounds about right.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X