X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FC stars

U-9 Academy program- 1250- includes two practices /week fall winter spring. Includes uniform. No games. No tournaments

U-10-u12- $2250- includes fall, winter training, spring games. 2 tourneys in the fall. 2 in the spring. Uniforms- $350 ish
    These uniform costs astound me. And they do nothing in terms of player development.

Comment

U8/U9 NEFC

$1700

2 Practice per week + 1 Technical Training Session Per Week Fall & Spring
      8 Games Per Season

1 Practice per week + 1-2 Technical Training Session Per Week Winter

3-4 Tournaments Throughout

$250 Uniform

Comment

U8/U9 NEFC

$1700

2 Practice per week + 1 Technical Training Session Per Week Fall & Spring
        8 Games Per Season

1 Practice per week + 1-2 Technical Training Session Per Week Winter

3-4 Tournaments Throughout

$250 Uniform
        NEFC U12 & U15 (obviously different region)

$1750 for pretty much same program as above

Comment

I'm on the board of our town youth soccer organization and we've crunched the numbers per player. It costs us about $125 per travel player per season. That is for Fall and Spring travel. No winter included as coaches do winter training/competition on their own with their teams. We aren't charged for the fields we use, but we do have to maintain the grass fields as part of our arrangement. We also rely on volunteer coaches. So free coaches, mostly free fields, and 16 games over 2 seasons cost us $250 per player.

Fields are expensive, indoor more so. Add in approx. $5000/yr (10 months) for "professional" paid coaching, $2000 for two tournament registrations, about $1500 for indoor field rentals and $2500 for outdoor field rentals. Let's say 15 players per team, $1200 per player break even. Add 50% margin and you're at $1800 per player at average club retail price.
          Margin???? A not for profit organization should.not have a 50% Margin.

Comment

GPS heads all millionaires on all the terrible teams in MA - 3500+

they have all the rich terrible players subsidizing the top teams with all the poor ethnic kids who get all the GPS glory

Comment

GPS heads all millionaires on all the terrible teams in MA - 3500+

they have all the rich terrible players subsidizing the top teams with all the poor ethnic kids who get all the GPS glory
              Where are the poor ethnic kids on GPS teams?

Comment

Gross margin, not net.

Comment

I find it impossible to find is the point. Most clubs won't tell me unless my kid is offered a place in the club. Maybe we can follow this up with posts that just says the cost of each club from people on the inside that know the specifics of each. I'll start with the one I know..

CSU (2015/2016 pricing):

Fee includes fields, coach pay, league fees, indoor training, 1 indoor session, 1 futsal session, 3 to 4 tournaments.

U9- $1350,

U10- $1,575

U11/U12- $1975

U13/U17 NEP teams- $1995
                  U13-U17 NPL teams- $2100

U18- $1400

UNIFORM- $365

So if you know specifics on a club please post below. Thanks.
                  How does TD justify these fees? 80% of the teams are awful, play in the lowest brackets at NEP and have Dad coaching. I hope the coaches kids still have to pay the full amount

Comment

NEFC U12 & U15 (obviously different region)

$1750 for pretty much same program as above
                    Same fee for HS kids? Most clubs discount the fee since there's no club training in the fall.
                    I think if a club doesn't reduce fees for HS kids, they are hoping you are loyal and won't question it.

Comment

Same fee for HS kids? Most clubs discount the fee since there's no club training in the fall.
                      I think if a club doesn't reduce fees for HS kids, they are hoping you are loyal and won't question it.
                      What does u14-16 NEFC elite charge?

Comment

Coaching

How does TD justify these fees? 80% of the teams are awful, play in the lowest brackets at NEP and have Dad coaching. I hope the coaches kids still have to pay the full amount
                        My kid's a soccer player, but my expertise is elsewhere. I coach another club sport at regional level. I'm amazed and disturbed by the expectation that coaches do not deserve compensation, or even a waiver of their kids' fees?! Parents who think that have not done their fair share of coaching, and are going to demoralize those who have donated countless hours to our kids' development.

It takes an incredible amount of time and energy to stay up-to-date in your training, in order to coach at the club level. Now add in time to plan practices, run practices, run warm-ups, coach games, deal with the administrative side, talk to college coaches, mentor kids, travel to/from practices and contests, etc.

Where do parents get off expecting high-level, professional coaching, yet resenting the modest compensation of said coaches?!

Comment

My kid's a soccer player, but my expertise is elsewhere. I coach another club sport at regional level. I'm amazed and disturbed by the expectation that coaches do not deserve compensation, or even a waiver of their kids' fees?! Parents who think that have not done their fair share of coaching, and are going to demoralize those who have donated countless hours to our kids' development.

It takes an incredible amount of time and energy to stay up-to-date in your training, in order to coach at the club level. Now add in time to plan practices, run practices, run warm-ups, coach games, deal with the administrative side, talk to college coaches, mentor kids, travel to/from practices and contests, etc.

Where do parents get off expecting high-level, professional coaching, yet resenting the modest compensation of said coaches?!
                          Because they view soccer as a secondary sport, mainly due to the huge disparity between levels. If one plays in an elite program, ex: ecnl, reg 1 etc... the complaints are few, other than the coach sucks.
                          If at lower levels, the parents witness a sometimes disappointing lack of quality, leading to disillusionment and bitterness.
                          The clubs have responsibility in that there is not enough explanation of the difference. The coaching requirement may be the same, but the parents feel they are getting less.
                          It is the fault of both club and parent that this dichotomy exists: lower levels should still be playing rec or town and clubs should leave that level alone. Parents also need to better recognize what level their child truly is.
                          Fix this discrepancy and much of this resentment fades away.

Comment

What does u14-16 NEFC elite charge?
                            Elite is free unless your kid is filler.

Comment

These are probably United teams. They would be more expensive at U13 and U14 and back down again for U15. Premier teams and Elite teams are obviously more.

Comment

Elite is free unless your kid is filler.
                                So, what, like 12-15 slots per team in those age groups get free rides? Quite a deal when you add that to the free rides for wealthy families to ISLs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X