Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Revolution Academy needs to make some changes.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Revs have no one to be pissed at but themselves, everyone and anyone afraid to go to Bob Kraft and tell him that the king has no clothes. Current management is incapable of 'developing' anything and it is blatantly obvious that they don't really care. I find it stunning to think any parent would allow that crap organization to own the rights to their son. Any player with serious skills at the Revs or probably any US academy got those skills on their own. Are your ego's really that void that you need to say that your son plays for the 'vaunted' Revs for validation?

US soccer is flat out grotesque.
    Agree. Brian Scales is delusional unfortunately. The Rev training is not 'high level'. The games are not high level.
    Where are all the good players anyway? In Dallas scoring 30 goals a season?

Comment

The better players wouldn't leave if the training or opportunities were equivalent here.

Would JR be even better, like Pulisic, if he had gone abroad earlier? Maybe he wouldn't be going to Indiana but rather playing soccer.
      Without a doubt. Better coaching, training, more highly skilled teammates, and better competition all make for a better player. Unfortunately, many don't have the passport to get abroad earlier and have to wait until 18 (not sure if this was JR's situation or not). By then, a player is seen as too old to be a development project for most clubs.

Comment

Revs have no one to be pissed at but themselves, everyone and anyone afraid to go to Bob Kraft and tell him that the king has no clothes. Current management is incapable of 'developing' anything and it is blatantly obvious that they don't really care. I find it stunning to think any parent would allow that crap organization to own the rights to their son. Any player with serious skills at the Revs or probably any US academy got those skills on their own. Are your ego's really that void that you need to say that your son plays for the 'vaunted' Revs for validation?

US soccer is flat out grotesque.
        That is true about teh Revs. But it's also true that there aren't great financial rewards for home growns in the US, hence an inconsistent commitment by MLS clubs to develop players. Running DA programs costs serious money. If a club only gets a shinny penny every few years but can't benefit much from it where's the incentive?

Comment

No , he didn't sign a professional contract yet with the Revs. Don't know he ever will. Right now he's Indiana bound. If he had signed a pro contract with Frankfurt, he'd lose his NCAA eligibility and Revs would lose his Homegrown protection. That's why the Revs are pissed, American clubs don't receive compensation and cannot sell their players to foreign clubs. Shalke poaches American players developed in MLS Academies every year. They're essentially free. Dortmund got a gift in Pulisic.
          So it's all about the money? I heard he took advantage to get some training during the winter shut down. National Team players can't be shut down for 6 to 8 weeks so in reality the kid did something to better himself. If the player wanted to play overseas then there are dozens of Div1 and 2 Teams that might show interest in a player of his Caliber. Just go.

So now we can presume he is back and not playing with the Revs, but playing with the National Team and then off to Indiana in the Fall? So nothing has changed other than being cut from the team?

I'd be pissed if I were the Revs too but certainly not towards the player. Does anyone know what he is doing for games besides national team duty?

Comment

So it's all about the money? I heard he took advantage to get some training during the winter shut down. National Team players can't be shut down for 6 to 8 weeks so in reality the kid did something to better himself. If the player wanted to play overseas then there are dozens of Div1 and 2 Teams that might show interest in a player of his Caliber. Just go.

So now we can presume he is back and not playing with the Revs, but playing with the National Team and then off to Indiana in the Fall? So nothing has changed other than being cut from the team?

I'd be pissed if I were the Revs too but certainly not towards the player. Does anyone know what he is doing for games besides national team duty?
            Why are the Revs pissed?

Comment

What further complicates things are affiliate clubs at the younger ages. In the Revs case it's Valeo, Nefc and Bayside. You can make the legal argument that a child who spends one full year in an MLS affiliated club should also be considered Homegrown. NYCFC made that same argument with Jack Harrison because he played a year with Manhattan SC. Revs know this and broadened their territory without spending the $$.

Comment

Why are the Revs pissed?
                That's the million-dollar question why are the Revs pissed. Pissed enough to suspend the player for the final 6 months of his DA career. No soccer for you kid. RENNICKS getting the works.

Comment

What further complicates things are affiliate clubs at the younger ages. In the Revs case it's Valeo, Nefc and Bayside. You can make the legal argument that a child who spends one full year in an MLS affiliated club should also be considered Homegrown. NYCFC made that same argument with Jack Harrison because he played a year with Manhattan SC. Revs know this and broadened their territory without spending the $$.
                  That affiliate argument didn't work though for NYCFC

Comment

The better players wouldn't leave if the training or opportunities were equivalent here.

Would JR be even better, like Pulisic, if he had gone abroad earlier? Maybe he wouldn't be going to Indiana but rather playing soccer.
                    JR is no Pulisic. Saw him played and he is not technical gifted but lots of speed and athleticism. Pretty much it.

Comment

Here it is- watching the older teams play is like watching a bar fight. Why you might ask? Because when you watch the younger teams, you can see that the Revs are breeding and encouraging me me me players. So when you get older, you have no skills whatsoever to play as a team. And you get a bar fight. Holy moly. What a mess.

Comment

Namazi named DJ and JR (c) as starters in the Slovakia Cup vs Hungary

Comment

Namazi named DJ and JR (c) as starters in the Slovakia Cup vs Hungary
                          Good for JR to carry on with the NT, despite the Revs doing their best to sideline his development by kicking him off the team. I get that the Revs "invested" in him as a DA player but however much they stood to lose if he went (or eventually goes) to Germany can't be worth shame of railroading a teenager chasing his dream. Yes, it's a brutal game for big boys and all that but how much have the Krafts sunk into the Revs Academy in the first place? We're probably talking the dollar equivalent of about a dozen Super Bowl rings a year.

Comment

Good for JR to carry on with the NT, despite the Revs doing their best to sideline his development by kicking him off the team. I get that the Revs "invested" in him as a DA player but however much they stood to lose if he went (or eventually goes) to Germany can't be worth shame of railroading a teenager chasing his dream. Yes, it's a brutal game for big boys and all that but how much have the Krafts sunk into the Revs Academy in the first place? We're probably talking the dollar equivalent of about a dozen Super Bowl rings a year.
                            This was on another thread about MLS development. In a survey on spending Revs were at the bottom. Not many clubs responded but it gives you a general idea. Even if there were more club I think you'd see the Revs place similarly in the $spend rankings.

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91...eir-academies/

Comment

That affiliate argument didn't work though for NYCFC
                              I think NYCFC was smart to start the way they did - they had to build up market share and get ramped up into DA quickly. working with however many local clubs (9 maybe?) was very educational for them for future poaching. Now they're more established and can crank on their own. They have a great location compared to the Red Bulls too in terms of talent pool. They'll be just fine without the affiliates.

Comment

mid-season change??

what happened to 2003/ u23 coach RR?
                                looks like they have his replacement:
                                https://theithacan.org/sports/mens-s...ckama-resigns/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X