Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Playing on any team aides in development, it's a matter of how much and what any individual gets out of it is very much dependent on what that individual puts into it.

We'd all love to see your development "model".
    Hate to break it to you - I agree with everything above. I don't have a model, I don't sh#$ about soccer. What I do know is that this "It's a matter of what any individual gets out of it" is true in any sport.

Development is not about the club, or the league. Development is about the individual. The League is about exposure.

Comment

Hate to break it to you - I agree with everything above. I don't have a model, I don't sh#$ about soccer. What I do know is that this "It's a matter of what any individual gets out of it" is true in any sport.

Development is not about the club, or the league. Development is about the individual. The League is about exposure.
      How does one learn how to develop, without a club or league?

YouTube?

Comment

How does one learn how to develop, without a club or league?

YouTube?
        from their parents

Comment

What is this development masquerade? ECNL is a Showcase.
          ECNL's measure of success is college commitments. Parents pay for their D to have the badge and to get exposure. Development... puh-leaz
          True, Ecnl is about exposure and many of those on these teams would not get recruited without the patch and club affiliation. It's a false sense of security.

Development is unique to the individual 'situation', particularly the level of support in it. Ecnl, DA, whatever league; makes no difference if the player has IT and the right situation they flourish.

In the end, colleges are happy to recruit 7 and play 3. DA will drive that reality home, some players from the Ecnl won't learn that until college.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X