Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lmao at people thinking you owe pay-to-play clubs anything.

Most of them are delivering a shocking product. You owe them nothing.
    They were here before you came and will be here long after you are gone.

Fine to look for better ways; also fine to make the local 501c3s better.

Comment

But still--the club's only recourse is financial.
      Actually, the club owns the player's OYSA player card. Technically, once you sign up with a club, they "own" your kid for a year. Most clubs will release the player if asked or if the player wants to guest play on another team for a tournament so its usually not an issue. But there is a recourse if a club poaches a team away from another club, at least until after state cup. The original club could deny the players to play in OYSA.

And yes, because SCA is not in the OYSA, this wouldn't apply.

Comment

We talk about this club way too much. They are irrelevant. Although, I had to laugh hysterically when one of the parents described the club her DD played for as "a London-based academy"

Comment

Actually, the club owns the player's OYSA player card. Technically, once you sign up with a club, they "own" your kid for a year. Most clubs will release the player if asked or if the player wants to guest play on another team for a tournament so its usually not an issue. But there is a recourse if a club poaches a team away from another club, at least until after state cup. The original club could deny the players to play in OYSA.

And yes, because SCA is not in the OYSA, this wouldn't apply.
          As long as a player is in good standing at the club--which means "has settled all his financial obligations"--a club cannot block a transfer to another club.

Some may try, but I've yet to hear of a midseason club change EVER denied for reasons other than the old club is still owed money.

Comment

This is the problem in today’s world. A person word means nothing anymore. My kid commits to a team and she must fulfill her comittment.
            In all fairness it is a two way street. It is not uncommon to have clubs break commitments as well. There are many times that once the tryout season ends, these clubs cannot deliver on some of the promises that were made to "land" a player.

Until the youth soccer in this country is no longer pay to play, this is the way it will be. If the larger clubs were investing in anything but inflated DOC and TD salaries, this would be less of a problem. I find it hilarious that these clubs, and their "loyal" parents cry foul when a player bails on their program to find greener pastures once they realize it is all smoke, mirrors and payola!

Want to keep players around? Invest in them, sign them without fees, have them sign a contract. Until then, the "consumers" are free to move wherever they want to. Screw blind commitment. Treat the consumer right and they will come back, run your business like a clown, they will leave. And in this region the clowns far outnumber the pros.

Comment

In all fairness it is a two way street. It is not uncommon to have clubs break commitments as well. There are many times that once the tryout season ends, these clubs cannot deliver on some of the promises that were made to "land" a player.

Until the youth soccer in this country is no longer pay to play, this is the way it will be. If the larger clubs were investing in anything but inflated DOC and TD salaries, this would be less of a problem. I find it hilarious that these clubs, and their "loyal" parents cry foul when a player bails on their program to find greener pastures once they realize it is all smoke, mirrors and payola!

Want to keep players around? Invest in them, sign them without fees, have them sign a contract. Until then, the "consumers" are free to move wherever they want to. Screw blind commitment. Treat the consumer right and they will come back, run your business like a clown, they will leave. And in this region the clowns far outnumber the pros.
              Actually the clowns are blessed at recruiting and collecting payment. Idiot customers are the culprit. P.T. Barnum

Comment

Actually the clowns are blessed at recruiting and collecting payment. Idiot customers are the culprit. P.T. Barnum
                Also P.T. Barnum,
                "There is no such thing as bad publicity"

I am sure SCA thanks you for elevating their profile. FWIW the few parents I know with kids there are pleased with the experience, but I can't speak for all.

Comment

This whole post is ::chef's kiss::

Comment

Also P.T. Barnum,

I am sure SCA thanks you for elevating their profile. FWIW the few parents I know with kids there are pleased with the experience, but I can't speak for all.
                    "There's a sucker born every minute" is a phrase closely associated with P. T. Barnum
                    SCA does appreciate and recognize this, absolutely. Great point.

Comment

Also P.T. Barnum,

'There's no such thing as bad publicity' is often associated with Phineas T. Barnum, the 19th century American showman and circus owner. Barnum was a self-publicist of the first order and never missed an opportunity to present his wares to the public. As with many other supposed quotations, there's no hard evidence to link the 'bad publicity' quotation to him.

Comment

If a player commits the club owes that player a year of soccer and that player owes the team a year of soccer. To call players that have given their word is unethical.

A player that bolts had taken a spot another kid could have had. Less kids playing soccer. Immoral.

Calling committed kids is unethical and immoral. The coaches who do it get no respect and bounce from club to club every couple of years.
                        immoral? unethical? Pull your head up out of the sand and take a look around at the world every now and then.

Comment

immoral? unethical? Pull your head up out of the sand and take a look around at the world every now and then.
                          Ok. I will. Keep chasing the gold at the end of rainbow!

Comment

Pspl

how is the pspl going for this club, anyone know?

Comment

Same as it went for GPS two years ago. Lots of travel to play mediocre teams.

Comment

When I was looking at my son to play at SCA they said that their philosophy was to have no travel and to NOT play in any leagues. To save costs they wanted to play friendlies all year long. I thought this was a great idea but it doesn’t look like that plan will be happening. I was hoping for a true change in how things are done. These guys are no different than Westside or the old GPS. Same pig just different color of lipstick

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X