Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller School Contenders

Lots of talk at the 6a level (fair they are generally better teams), but who is in the know and has a top 5 in 4a and 3a in girls soccer?
    My top 5 in 3a
    1) OES (can anyone break the streak?)
    2) Catlin Gabel
    3) St. Mary's
    4) Brookings Harbor
    5) Yamhill-Carlton

4a
    1) Hidden Valley
    2) Valley Catholic
    3) North Valley
    4) La Grande
    5) Cascade

Thoughts?

3a girls teams

My ranking
    1. OES- Have to be the favorites when you have won 5 years in a row and show no signs of stopping. Heard they are down a few players but no one seems set to challenge them.
    2. St. Marys- They gave OES everything they could handle last year and came up just short. They lost 2 top players but might be the only team able to knock off OES. I hear they have a few strong incoming players.
    3. Blanchet- They are coming off a state semi final appearance and return most of the top players, look for them to return to the semi at least.
    4. Catlin Gabel- I hear they lost key players including the keeper that kept them in games. Maybe they can return to the final, but they have so much to replace.
    5. Yamhill-Carlton- They are knocking on the door and have a lot to build on.
    6. Brookings-Harbor- They will run the table in league and that should give them a boost in the rankings heading to state. I bet they will have the most goals scored on the year.
    7. Riverdale- Lots of talent coming back.
    8. Santiam Christian- They are looking to burst into the picture after a couple years down. They look loaded.
    9. Dayton- They always seem to sneak into the playoffs and this year should be no different.
    10. Riverside- They should win their league and be back in the playoffs and could make some noise.

Comment

4A Girls?

Molalla had a run, what happened? They used to have a club of girls out there too...

Gladstone used to be a contender.

North Marion?

Woodburn?

Comment

4A girls

1. Hidden Valley, they are the defending champs and have talent returning.
        2. La Grande, they always seem to make it far but then fall short, this could be the year they finally win it all.
        3. Valley Catholic, ever since they moved to 4a they have been in the title conversation each year.
        4. Gladstone, they are always strong and this year should be no different.
        5. Stayton, this is a program on the rise.

Comment

It's really going to come down to who and how many at at these teams have girls playing club year round.

Valley Catholic is in the middle of it all. As is Gladstone. Woodburn, and I assume North Marion, has high participation at their club. Stayton mentioned, OK, they've always been strong with boys; maybe they have girls players at CFC.

Comment

3a girls teams top 10

From early season results my top 10 (other opinions welcome!)
            1) OES- They just keep rolling, not sure anyone can beat them in 3a this year.
            2) Santiam Christian- They look legit this year and could make a run to the final.
            3) Brookings Harbor- Easy schedule should lead to a lot of wins and also could make a real run this year.
            4) Catlin Gabel- They lost an early game, wonder if they still have the talent to compete for a title.
            5) Riverside- Easy league should lead to a lot of wins.
            6) St Mary's- Haven't played yet, but looking for them to regroup under a new coach.
            7) Cascade Christian- Can someone knock of St Mary's in league?
            8) Riverdale- Always a solid squad
            9) Pleasant Hill- Young group but has some talent.
            10) Dayton- Could win a playoff game this year.

Anyone seen some of these teams or others?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              From early season results my top 10 (other opinions welcome!)
              1) OES- They just keep rolling, not sure anyone can beat them in 3a this year.
              2) Santiam Christian- They look legit this year and could make a run to the final.
              3) Brookings Harbor- Easy schedule should lead to a lot of wins and also could make a real run this year.
              4) Catlin Gabel- They lost an early game, wonder if they still have the talent to compete for a title.
              5) Riverside- Easy league should lead to a lot of wins.
              6) St Mary's- Haven't played yet, but looking for them to regroup under a new coach.
              7) Cascade Christian- Can someone knock of St Mary's in league?
              8) Riverdale- Always a solid squad
              9) Pleasant Hill- Young group but has some talent.
              10) Dayton- Could win a playoff game this year.

Anyone seen some of these teams or others?
              On Catlin Gable, not sure if you realize that their lost was 1-0 to St.Mary's Academy... a 6A school.

Catlin beat traditional 4A power house, Valley Catholic, 8-0.

Hard to predict OES since there 2 games were pretty soft.

Comment

It's really going to come down to who and how many at at these teams have girls playing club year round.

Valley Catholic is in the middle of it all. As is Gladstone. Woodburn, and I assume North Marion, has high participation at their club. Stayton mentioned, OK, they've always been strong with boys; maybe they have girls players at CFC.
                Stayton has only 1 from CFC and she’s the only one who can score.

Comment

Hahahaha you idiots and your high school.

Comment

On Catlin Gable, not sure if you realize that their lost was 1-0 to St.Mary's Academy... a 6A school.

Catlin beat traditional 4A power house, Valley Catholic, 8-0.

Hard to predict OES since there 2 games were pretty soft.
                    I predict the private schools will generally dominate in all divisions until if and when OSAA puts them all in their own league. The Oregon public school district could keep more student athletes from going to private schools if they made private schools play in their own league. Honestly surprised they haven’t done that yet.

Comment

I predict the private schools will generally dominate in all divisions until if and when OSAA puts them all in their own league. The Oregon public school district could keep more student athletes from going to private schools if they made private schools play in their own league. Honestly surprised they haven’t done that yet.
                      Don’t do that. Then the Jesuit sickos won’t have anything to feel good about.

What’s easier than beating local high schools that can’t recruit.

Some of the parents and coaches would end up getting depressed.

At least they have the priests to make them feel better...ewwwwee

Comment

I am sure those kids are going to Catlin and OES for the sports

Comment

Don’t do that. Then the Jesuit sickos won’t have anything to feel good about.

What’s easier than beating local high schools that can’t recruit.

Some of the parents and coaches would end up getting depressed.

At least they have the priests to make them feel better...ewwwwee
                          Oh boy, if you can’t beat them then blame it on recruiting. When you find out there is not recruiting then let’s talk about priests.

Comment

Let's keep it about the games

At the 3a or 4a level who has a shot? Any public schools going to make a run this fall?

In 4a I think the following teams can win it
                            Valley Catholic
                            Gladstone
                            Marist
                            Hidden Valley
                            North Valley
                            Missing anyone? and why?

In 3a I think the following teams can win it
                            OES
                            Catlin Gabel
                            Brookings-Harbor
                            St Mary's
                            Santiam Christian
                            Missing anyone? Why?

Comment

At the 3a or 4a level who has a shot? Any public schools going to make a run this fall?

In 4a I think the following teams can win it
                              Valley Catholic
                              Gladstone
                              Marist
                              Hidden Valley
                              North Valley
                              Missing anyone? and why?
                              I was holding out hope for Woodburn....but they got beat 7-0.

Gladstone has given up 3 goals in their 2 games. No Way.

North Valley got spanked by Marist Catholic.

Hidden Valley barely beat Philomath.

Valley Catholic got beat 8-0 by Caitlin Gabel.

Soccer math tells me....it's too early to tell.

4A, where it's still fun to be a high school athlete.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X