Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Keep finding those rare cases - military and only does ones that are closest for public transportation. Do you think a kid from Bridgeport (with working parents) who gets a chance to play for NYCFC will have an easy time getting there? Discounted programs are easier to find for younger kids too, not older ones.
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. I showed you the links for free / low cost stuff around Hartford. Every city has the same you just can't expect people to spoon feed your lazy ass.

Comment

Excuses, excuses, excuses. I showed you the links for free / low cost stuff around Hartford. Every city has the same you just can't expect people to spoon feed your lazy ass.
      Looks like they wrote this article for you. I don’t expect it will change your mind but at least others can get some facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/01/o...core-ios-share

Comment

Looks like they wrote this article for you. I don’t expect it will change your mind but at least others can get some facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/01/o...core-ios-share
        Have you even read the article? Some of these people despite having two jobs still get their kids to activities. That is because they care and make the effort to do it even though it is difficult.

Why are you so hung up on the fact that there are programs for kids to play sports even if they don't have a lot of money? If they aren't doing it most likely (not all cases) it is because their parents don't make the effort to get them into it.

Are you feeling guilty?

Comment

Have you even read the article? Some of these people despite having two jobs still get their kids to activities. That is because they care and make the effort to do it even though it is difficult.

Why are you so hung up on the fact that there are programs for kids to play sports even if they don't have a lot of money? If they aren't doing it most likely (not all cases) it is because their parents don't make the effort to get them into it.

Are you feeling guilty?
          No, I just have a hard time calling anyone “lazy” who is willing to work and live in the conditions described in these articles. My grandparents weren’t too different when working during the depression to put whatever food and shelter they could over my Dad’s head. But they didn’t do much for their kids beyond work. Did that make them lazy? Maybe in the way you look at it but I don’t think so. So, to your question, I don’t think it is a feeling of guilt but rather pity or maybe sympathy - I would like to assume that most of these less fortunate people want to do everything they can for their kids but their situation largely prevents that (including getting them to and from sports regardless of the cost).

Hey, I could be wrong but I can’t see how they have the time.

Comment

No, I just have a hard time calling anyone “lazy” who is willing to work and live in the conditions described in these articles. My grandparents weren’t too different when working during the depression to put whatever food and shelter they could over my Dad’s head. But they didn’t do much for their kids beyond work. Did that make them lazy? Maybe in the way you look at it but I don’t think so. So, to your question, I don’t think it is a feeling of guilt but rather pity or maybe sympathy - I would like to assume that most of these less fortunate people want to do everything they can for their kids but their situation largely prevents that (including getting them to and from sports regardless of the cost).

Hey, I could be wrong but I can’t see how they have the time.
            I got a great idea- solves everyone’s problem- not joking

You go find a couple of families that want this for their kids and you take care of it ,all of it
            They can choose to get to games based on their schedules
            You feel better knowing you did your part, they feel good about the kids
            Problem solved- let us know so we can keep track of your new project and have fun
            It’s a worthwhile thing you are doing

Comment

The Future of CT Soccer is CFC. Period.
              Connecticut Football Club.
              Best Teams.
              Best Coaches.
              PROUD CFC PARENT

Comment

Lolcfc teams are terrible there's very few good teams

Comment

Best Teams.
                  Best Coaches.
                  PROUD CFC PARENT
                  Typical head in the sand parent. Not a ton of talent there. Lumbering 03s, over rated 02s.

Comment

Best Teams.
                    Best Coaches.
                    PROUD CFC PARENT
                    Yes the braintrust that self promotes on TS is supa smart

Comment

Posters aren't good at spotting trolls

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X