Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    EVERY single one of them would have their kid playing DA if they were good enough. Then they would be on here talking about how great DA is. Butt hurt losers!
    Exactly, lol.

Comment

some of these 2nd tier DA clubs are reaping the results of years of poorly managed and coached programs. Weston being the exception. Many of the rest collected $$ over the years and never bothered to teach kids how to play.
      It's USSF's way to weed out the trash

Comment

agree on weeding out but i think you CAN have a top program that is not MLS or USL affiliated. would be great to see relegation/ demotion from Red to Blue and Blue to Red based on results. a poorly run MLS should not stay in Red division and well run Blue clubs should move up.

Comment

USSF is $$$. Give a rats ass about anything else.

Comment

some of these 2nd tier DA clubs are reaping the results of years of poorly managed and coached programs. Weston being the exception. Many of the rest collected $$ over the years and never bothered to teach kids how to play.
            In all fairness, that sums up a lot of the clubs. At least with DA you get to brag your kid plays to DA to people who dont really care.

Comment

In all fairness, that sums up a lot of the clubs. At least with DA you get to brag your kid plays to DA to people who dont really care.
              when a local FYSA club plays kickball all season, you kind of expect it. fields are horrible, some kids are more into track or football or fortnite or girls than soccer and the coach is doing it for a little extra beer money. but for a DAs to field teams that at u16/u17 still do not know how to build an attack or play out the back ... and the ball goes from centerback to winger .. well, there's something wrong with that and it shouldn't be first tier us soccer, i agree.

Comment

Carlos Cordeiro = Trash

Comment

The discussion on here will soon be about how the lower tier teams will start beating these higher tier teams.

Comment

The discussion on here will soon be about how the lower tier teams will start beating these higher tier teams.
                    Come on. They just got moved to rec

Comment

My kid has a DA badge on his shirt. We are going to be just fine.

Comment

My kid has a DA badge on his shirt. We are going to be just fine.
                        Yep. Nothing has really changed. DA is far and away the best option for the best players. There is no viable argument against it. Any attempt to is solely the worthless, uneducated, and inexperienced drivel of a butt hurt parent of a kid that didn’t make the DA cut.

Comment

Yep. Nothing has really changed. DA is far and away the best option for the best players. There is no viable argument against it. Any attempt to is solely the worthless, uneducated, and inexperienced drivel of a butt hurt parent of a kid that didn’t make the DA cut.
                          Good one. If your kid plays DA in Florida and you are not at Inter Miami, come join us over as the rec pub for a few drinks. Good part is, within next year or two, your kid will also be allowed to play high school soccer.

Comment

yep

What the article basically said is US Soccer generally sucks and MLS want to get rid of academies and hire foreign players
                            Basically yep. Heck colleges don't even want to recruit American players. Its a shame though. I mean really it can't cost the MLS clubs all that much to run these DA programs. If youth soccer clubs can swing it certainly they can.

Hey I saw Atlanta FC's youth club play Armada's DA. Yea they beat Armada's DA. But the quality of the players wasn't all that much different. The main thing was that Armada fielded a team full of kids that were all small for their age while Atlanta was fielding a team with kids that were large for their age. The larger kids one.

Now why Armada only seems to recruit small kids is beyond me.

Comment

yep

Serious question, is Boys ECNL better than DA in Florida?
                              No they aren't. ECNL teams aren't much different that top teams from smaller clubs cause a lot of ECNL teams are the second team for the larger clubs.

Comment

x

Yea I'm not buying that. Lets see you have Orlando DA. So you are telling me Orlando DA has found the best 18 players in all of the Orlando area. No way. They might have a third of the best players in the Orlando area. A lot of times it is where you live and who you know.

Same goes for the rest of Florida. There are only like what 8 to 11 Florida DA teams. No way they have spotted the best 150 players in the state by any age level. And the younger the age level is the less reliable it is.

Not sure how many kids a year get cut from a DA team but I bet it isn't much. Yet kids develop like crazy in high school in terms of strength, speed, agility, etc...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X