Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think you will find that most charge simply because its always been that way, or from experience as a way to put some 'skin in the game' on behalf of players to give them an extra motivation (psychologically) to show up. It's an old but effective psychological ploy...

But yes, they should be free. But by the same token, coaches and clubs alike shouldn't play psychological games and lie to young kids to manipulate them into forgoing opportunities elsewhere under the guise of losing a spot with them.
    Whhhhhaaaaaaaaaaattttttt........I specifically pay extra for coaches to play psychological games and lie to my kid. What's the fun in raising a mentally well adjusted child. :)

Comment

I could be looking at this wrongly but why would any premier club send their best kids to train with a competitors coach ? That would be a surefire way of losing them once the coach gets their hooks into them . This could be why the teams are massively weighted with one clubs players .
      Must be from Crossfire?

Comment

Must be from Crossfire?
        No just someone that understands that kids soccer in the US is all about the money !

Comment

No just someone that understands that kids soccer in the US is all about the money !
          Yes all about the money 03 BOYS EPD coach must not be making enough with his private training 1 on 1 costing $500\ month

https://www.jr7soccer.com/

Comment

Yes all about the money 03 BOYS EPD coach must not be making enough with his private training 1 on 1 costing $500\ month

After looking at his fees, it would be much cheaper for an entire team to join his training than pay league fees. By not having to travel, you could use the money saved and do additional trainings. Sounds like a win, win for both parties.

Comment

Must be from Crossfire?
              Nah, Washington Premier.

Comment

My son done his summer camp . To say it was garbage was an understatement .

Comment

That's a shame, he seems like a really down to earth christian principled person off the field too. Guess that doesn't always marry up with business side of things though

Comment

My son done his summer camp . To say it was garbage was an understatement .
                    When was the summer camp? What was the location? How many players attended? Was James Riley the only coach? What made it garbage. Inquiring minds want to know.

Comment

When was the summer camp? What was the location? How many players attended? Was James Riley the only coach? What made it garbage. Inquiring minds want to know.
                      Was last year . Was at a really poor field and the coaching is what I would expect from a mod coach . We went away from it not feeling as if we had learned anything at all .

Comment

We did not do the camp last year but have been coached by James Riley many times. Camps can be a difficult thing to run for coaches new to the scene so I wouldn't disagree with you if it was good or bad. He has been a coach at many different clubs and trainings though. I am not going to try to sound like a fan boy but my kid really liked his training and him personally. I am surprised anyone has anything bad to say about him if they talked to him or had him personally train their kid. If I had an 03 EPD boy I would be excited to have him as a coach. He was a very technical coach and seemed to have all the right ideas on how to make a kid a better player. At least my kid visibly learned something from him and walked away with a positive impression.

Comment

We did not do the camp last year but have been coached by James Riley many times. Camps can be a difficult thing to run for coaches new to the scene so I wouldn't disagree with you if it was good or bad. He has been a coach at many different clubs and trainings though. I am not going to try to sound like a fan boy but my kid really liked his training and him personally. I am surprised anyone has anything bad to say about him if they talked to him or had him personally train their kid. If I had an 03 EPD boy I would be excited to have him as a coach. He was a very technical coach and seemed to have all the right ideas on how to make a kid a better player. At least my kid visibly learned something from him and walked away with a positive impression.
                          The camps for the most part are a complete waste of time . It’s closer to glorified babysitting for the summer .

Comment

Let's just look at the G04 team which was coached by a Pac Coach last year and a SU coach this year. Yes I don't know who showed up as my DD doesn't play. Very different teams and not sure what that means. I think it plays into the political nod that occurs.
                            Go back further to U11 and follow this list. A core of the same girls over the years. Some girls get cut, are added, or stop doing EPD. No conspiracy. For the most part, the best girls survive this process. Of course, club coaches are going to favor their own players to add to the larger pool. But, when it is deciding for the travel team to Phoenix, it is all about winning and making it to the regional pool. Weak players can't survive here.

G04 pac is a very strong team. They were 1st in ECNL division and won Surf Cup over XF DA in the finals. Many girls skipped EPD b/c they do not need it anymore. They are in the pipeline to being recruited and do not need to spend money for the exposure.

At the older ages, not many additional girls come in that can beat the travel team 18. But for the most part, the best players have left which allows the other players to get exposure. So, be happy they are not doing EPD anymore.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X