Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The fix is in....with no pro/rel, being in Tier 2 means the end.
    I wonder how long MLS teams will be able to foot the bill for a league with so much travel and cost? They have really increased their own costs a lot and when MLS whores stop expanding, league excesses will dry up across the board. If clubs were not eating up expansion fees year after year, then half of them or more would be deep into the red.

Comment

I wonder how long MLS teams will be able to foot the bill for a league with so much travel and cost? They have really increased their own costs a lot and when MLS whores stop expanding, league excesses will dry up across the board. If clubs were not eating up expansion fees year after year, then half of them or more would be deep into the red.
      Remember, MLS was ready to leave the DA system and start their own league.

This whole thing was a negotiation between USSF and MLS to keep their teams in the DA league. These changes were driven by MLS. I am sure that they looked at the numbers and understood what type of impact this change would have on their budgets.

Prediction: DA system will be disbanded. Pro clubs (MLS, USL Championship, USL League 1, NISA, and new pro teams) will start a new league.

Comment

They will drop the younger teams in the next few years. They all do camps etc to help pay DA bills

Comment

Remember, MLS was ready to leave the DA system and start their own league.

This whole thing was a negotiation between USSF and MLS to keep their teams in the DA league. These changes were driven by MLS. I am sure that they looked at the numbers and understood what type of impact this change would have on their budgets.

Prediction: DA system will be disbanded. Pro clubs (MLS, USL Championship, USL League 1, NISA, and new pro teams) will start a new league.
          Long term this ^

Comment

They are an exception to the rule. At best non MLS clubs lower fees or cover group travel, but hardly any are fully funded. It all depends on the club, their financial structure etc. Really only mega clubs that have tons of non DA teams subsidizing the DA teams can pull it off. Smaller clubs like BS or OW could never pull it off.

Crossfire being relegated is BS btw. Totally political, which also tells you where this is probably all going to go.
            How could this become the rule? You want and need this to become the rule.

Comment

Tier I should be for fully funded pro academies.
              Tier II should not exist.
              This is a person who likes things to be exclusive rather than inclusive.

USSF would hire you in a second.

Comment

OP: I don't want pay-to-play in youth soccer to determine who gets access. Tier I is free to play (fully funded pro teams) and access is based solely on talent.

Call it what you want.

Comment

OP: I don't want pay-to-play in youth soccer to determine who gets access. Tier I is free to play (fully funded pro teams) and access is based solely on talent.

Call it what you want.
                  Access based solely on talent.

I mean you couldn't be more wrong. I mean that's the most wrongest thing ever. That's Tier I of wrongness.

Comment

I mean you couldn't be more wrong. I mean that's the most wrongest thing ever. That's Tier I of wrongness.
                    Please explain your logic for us.

Comment

To develop pro and NT talent that is how it should be. The top tier shouldn't be McDonald's. It doesn't do the top talent any good to play against lower quality teams. This is why MLS clubs wanted it changed. Not only are they footing the bill for development, but without them DA is toast.

Comment

Not the poster but it's largely true. Sure there are parts of the country where players can't access MLS clubs - but that will change as more do residency programs and/or USL gets involved. But a major metro pro club has their pick of local talent and their selection isn't driven by who can pay $3K + Travel.

Comment

To develop pro and NT talent that is how it should be. The top tier shouldn't be McDonald's. It doesn't do the top talent any good to play against lower quality teams. This is why MLS clubs wanted it changed. Not only are they footing the bill for development, but without them DA is toast.
                          Spot on.

Comment

Tier I should be for top teams - NO QUALIFICATIONS EXCEPT OR SUCCESS!!
                            Tier II should be where top teams go for a while until they fix what they did wrong

There is no reason to play in a league where Tier 2 teams can not work hard and get to Tier 1 (other than to subsidize the Tier 1 system). Your team/club has been relegated to B status for things that are out of your control and has nothing to do with on-field results. This is a sham. Unless you see residency for those tier 1 programs within 2 years, the whole DA system will suffer and only players within 100 miles of a Tier 1 club will have access to the system (and how many families want to drive 5 times a week or more 50 miles and back to practices and HOME games?!?!). This 18/19 restructure may be an experiment for the whole league, but it had better end this year or it will be the death of all of DA and I would not be surprised to see a coupe from another group(s) trying to usurp USSF's power (they are already out-competing them for the same customers and their cash).
                            There will be pro/rel for the non MLS teams in tier 1 and tier 2

Comment

There will be pro/rel for the non MLS teams in tier 1 and tier 2
                              Please show where that info is made public.

Comment

This is exactly what this country needs on the boys side. Put the top Academy clubs in 1 A group and the rest in B group

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X