Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When I we were at PAC it was common for coaches get paid for extra training for players that they coached from the parents..huge conflict of interest...
    Parents didn’t complain ? Or felt they had to pony up as well just to stay in the team ? I wouldn’t mind if the private’s were done with players that the coach is NOT coaching at that age level . When your pay depends on these kids topping you up you are not going to drop them from the team are you ? Very strange predicament!

Comment

Parents didn’t complain ? Or felt they had to pony up as well just to stay in the team ? I wouldn’t mind if the private’s were done with players that the coach is NOT coaching at that age level . When your pay depends on these kids topping you up you are not going to drop them from the team are you ? Very strange predicament!
      I know that the president of the board and another board member were told about it years ago ...I saw kids in private training with there coaches some of those kids were on their top teams and really shouldn’t be at $40 per/kid per /hr twice a week at least 3 to 4 kids .

Comment

I know that the president of the board and another board member were told about it years ago ...I saw kids in private training with there coaches some of those kids were on their top teams and really shouldn’t be at $40 per/kid per /hr twice a week at least 3 to 4 kids .
        The coaches know that’s how they can make a lot more money ...I hope that they report that extra income to the irs ...probably not... coaches take cash and checks.

Comment

The coaches know that’s how they can make a lot more money ...I hope that they report that extra income to the irs ...probably not... coaches take cash and checks.
          Then report them to the IRS ! If you are writing a check to them make sure it’s written on the check what it’s for . If they hightail it and don’t provide the service you have paid for then you at least have some type of a receipt and you can hold it over them ,that you will report them for not showing income to the IRS . At the very least, when they try to do their tax returns they will be flagged . Some of these guys are on green cards or working visas and doing that is an instant revoke of their visa .

Comment

Take it up with the PAC DOC. It was on their watch. What does his current employer have anything to do with it.

There is always 3 sides to the story and we have only hear of one.
            PAC DOC fired him on the spot when his behavior was brought to their attention. This man should NOT be coaching and preying on families. Period. Sounds like you’re ok with him crossing the professional line. Have some morals.

Comment

Sounds like some parent lacked any real faith in their kids sporting ability so tried to buy their way in . Nepotism is stronggggggg 😂 which is why American parents are taken for suckers by these foreign coaches .
              It’s “parents” not parent...and...he’s American. Born in the USA but thanks for weighing in.

Comment

PAC DOC fired him on the spot when his behavior was brought to their attention. This man should NOT be coaching and preying on families. Period. Sounds like you’re ok with him crossing the professional line. Have some morals.
                It was not on the spot I remember hearing about it when we were at PAC.
                The guy who replaced him isn’t much better

Comment

It’s “parents” not parent...and...he’s American. Born in the USA but thanks for weighing in.
                  Ok I’ll rephrase it just for you .... looks Like some Parents had no faith in their kids sporting abilities so tried to BRIBE their way into the team ! Nepotism is strong !! The parents are so dumb they get taken for suckers by these bang average coaches ! Your very welcome 🙏🏻

Comment

Ok I’ll rephrase it just for you .... looks Like some Parents had no faith in their kids sporting abilities so tried to BRIBE their way into the team ! Nepotism is strong !! The parents are so dumb they get taken for suckers by these bang average coaches ! Your very welcome 🙏🏻
                    You’re

Comment

You’re
                      Pathetic .

Comment

Pathetic .
                        But if ‘your’ kid didn’t get into the team even though you was trying to bribe the coach with money ‘you’ lost, then ‘you’ deserve everything ‘you’ get 😀 when ‘you’ get over that raw nerve I touched of ‘yours’ please come back with something’s sensible .

Comment

Bottom line, clubs need to probably consider a more in-depth background check on coaches and staff. Many corporations do this upon hiring. A lot of DOCs say they are “running their clubs just like a business” Because $$ is involved, it makes sense to dive a little deeper.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X