Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Take it up with the PAC DOC. It was on their watch. What does his current employer have anything to do with it.

There is always 3 sides to the story and we have only hear of one.
    You are not going to get a dime out of PACNW. Remember their long time GK director, KB? After he got arrested last year he reportabely stiffed a bunch of PAC
    families.

Comment

You are not going to get a dime out of PACNW. Remember their long time GK director, KB? After he got arrested last year he reportabely stiffed a bunch of PAC
      families.
      He was never a director for PAC. From what I understand he came in one night per week to train keepers and was a contractor for the club.

And regardless of the club, most private training arrangemetns are handled directly between the coach and the family/player. the club has nothing to do with it.

Comment

I don't know anythin about this guy or Pac, but to say that a coach asking to borrow money from families is irrelevant is a mistake. It's breaking a boundary. Taking money for training services never rendered is criminal. To my mind, the crimes are different, but the principle isn't much different from having a coach who physically or sexually abuses a player. You have someone exploiting players and families for personal gain/gratification. Maybe PAC didn't know that would happen when they hired him, but certainly no other club should hire him after that.

Comment

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...to-arrest.html

Love the part about being a born again Christian.
          Take his butt to small claims and get a default
          judgment on him when he doesn't show up.
          Heck, get all the families to separately file claims
          against him AND get the hearing on the same day.
          Then, get the collection agencies to after him.
          They will hound him to the end of times.
          Might not be able to get money back, but
          troubles will follow him, like angry barking dogs.
          Maybe sports media will pick the story up.
          Greatest goal scorer in MLS being sued for
          ripping off families. LOL.

Comment

And regardless of the club, most private training arrangemetns are handled directly between the coach and the family/player. the club has nothing to do with it.
            Ok if you say so...drink some more PAC kool-aid ,

Comment

I don't know anythin about this guy or Pac, but to say that a coach asking to borrow money from families is irrelevant is a mistake. It's breaking a boundary. Taking money for training services never rendered is criminal. To my mind, the crimes are different, but the principle isn't much different from having a coach who physically or sexually abuses a player. You have someone exploiting players and families for personal gain/gratification. Maybe PAC didn't know that would happen when they hired him, but certainly no other club should hire him after that.
              That about sums it up...

Comment

About a year ago, Roy Lassiter was fired as a PAC coach. He is now at WP. I have several training sessions that I pre-purchased for my kids that he never has followed through on. As it turns out, he owes several families training for pre-paid sessions. I've heard he owes a PAC family around $5,000 and another WP family about $9,000, and at XF Challenge, I ran into other families that he owes. This really freaks me out. I'm only out $500 with him, but he never responds to my email, call or text. I was curious about the way he handles his business and I had a friend do a background check on him, he was arrested at age 26, but then also in Riverside County (2010) and the court case ended in 2016. All of this boggles my mind. How is he on staff? What happened to coaches just coaching? Should I file a complaint? Has anyone dealt with this?
                Has anyone gone to the tax man? Pretty sure he ain’t paying taxes or has a business license

Comment

It sounds like this lives outside of soccer/WP and was more of a personal loan/gift.
                  Not when he charged his own players for PT sessions

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2542065]Not when he charged his own players for PT sessions[/QUOT

Most and I am talking like 90% do not let coaches train their players on the side. This is such a conflict of interest.

Comment

I would be stunned if PAC and WP don’t have policies in place that prohibit coaches from being compensated for additional training with their own players.

Comment

Couple of points . Why would anyone be dumb enough to prepay $9000 of private training sessions ? I wouldn’t even give these weasel coaches $200! Secondly any coach that gets onto players within their own teams to do extras on the side is an even bigger weasel ! No club should allow this as the conflict of interest would be massive .

Comment

Couple of points . Why would anyone be dumb enough to prepay $9000 of private training sessions ? I wouldn’t even give these weasel coaches $200! Secondly any coach that gets onto players within their own teams to do extras on the side is an even bigger weasel ! No club should allow this as the conflict of interest would be massive .
                          I’m sure the family didn’t just cut him a check for $9k. He’s s con artist. He probably approached him and asked for smaller amounts of money “because his wife had a heart attack or all of my cars are broken down and I can’t drive them”...and over time it built up to $9k? Just a scenario, but I could see how it could happen. He’s approached me before.

Comment

I’m sure the family didn’t just cut him a check for $9k. He’s s con artist. He probably approached him and asked for smaller amounts of money “because his wife had a heart attack or all of my cars are broken down and I can’t drive them”...and over time it built up to $9k? Just a scenario, but I could see how it could happen. He’s approached me before.
                            Is WPFC even remotely concerned about this guy and this thread? This is getting crazy. Guess WPFC loves to hire “A” licensed con artists

Comment

Sounds like some parent lacked any real faith in their kids sporting ability so tried to buy their way in . Nepotism is stronggggggg 😂 which is why American parents are taken for suckers by these foreign coaches .

Comment

I would be stunned if PAC and WP don’t have policies in place that prohibit coaches from being compensated for additional training with their own players.
                                When I we were at PAC it was common for coaches get paid for extra training for players that they coached from the parents..huge conflict of interest...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X