Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You are either a big liar or bigger loser.

If your kids are in college why are you trolling youth soccer boards.

So either get a life or tell the truth pick
    One.

Btw I’m soooo offended when you call me turd

Remember what you said before tough guy

I’m rubber and your glue

��

And still have not rebutted one point

You are a one trick pony and it’s not even a good trick
    Not trolling, I am very interested in ODP. And have other younger kids that play sports , including soccer, as well.

I called you a turd because you are. You think that you have the answers for others.

ODP is an option for those that can't afford other additional training or other more expensive leagues ECNL and GDA. Having foot the bill for all of those leagues, I, unlike yourself, can speak from experience. Call me a liar, that's okay. Yep, rubber not glue remember.

And, call me a one trick pony as I am able to afford many luxuries because my kids went to college nearly for free. I will laugh all the way to the bank any day.

Comment

Odp

Hello,
      Our daughter participated in odp as an 05 this past year ( 18-19). It was her first experience with odp. Unfortunately, we found it to be disorganized and not worth the time, travel and money. The virginia friendliest were cancelled - due to weather- and nothing really filled the spot in terms or quality competition. There was a friendly in Delaware against the regional team and the state girls were basically warm bodies for the regional girls to train against. I saw one game that didn’t even have a gk in net. Total waste of time. Maybe it was just an off year, but she is not interested in playing Odp again.

Comment

Hello,
        Our daughter participated in odp as an 05 this past year ( 18-19). It was her first experience with odp. Unfortunately, we found it to be disorganized and not worth the time, travel and money. The virginia friendliest were cancelled - due to weather- and nothing really filled the spot in terms or quality competition. There was a friendly in Delaware against the regional team and the state girls were basically warm bodies for the regional girls to train against. I saw one game that didn’t even have a gk in net. Total waste of time. Maybe it was just an off year, but she is not interested in playing Odp again.
        Hopefully you sent this to the organization instead of posting on TS. It's not for everyone. And it seems like you had some bad luck. Shame.

My kid got a lot out of it and loved the time invested, the friendships, the additional training, the connections and the travel.

Also, it's sad that the friendly vs. regional team was viewed or turned out to be a regional practice. Any kid can be knocked off the regional squad with a good showing. too bad the state kids didn't see it that way.

I am sure college coaches were there watching too. Some go to those things as well. My kid had college coaches show up at her state team practices.

Comment

Not trolling, I am very interested in ODP. And have other younger kids that play sports , including soccer, as well.

I called you a turd because you are. You think that you have the answers for others.

ODP is an option for those that can't afford other additional training or other more expensive leagues ECNL and GDA. Having foot the bill for all of those leagues, I, unlike yourself, can speak from experience. Call me a liar, that's okay. Yep, rubber not glue remember.

And, call me a one trick pony as I am able to afford many luxuries because my kids went to college nearly for free. I will laugh all the way to the bank any day.
          Honestly you are a fraud

You have not even tried to debate one point

Now have 5 kids

Ranging from 2 in college to elementary school

You cry poverty but are willing to pay odp 2k

Truth is you are just a liar

A wanna be

Nj odp is just like national league it’s for 2nd and 3rd tier players

It wasn’t always like that. And if you do have college age children it may have been better then

But today’s odp Is far from what it once was. And the college coaches know it . Just like the national league is far from what it once was

That’s why college coach attendance was at an all
          Time low for the championships 2 weekends ago

You are shooting off your mouth without knowing what is going on

And I’m truth you are the turd

Anyone who knows youth soccer knows you are wrong and that you are a turd

On top of Thst you are spending the same amount of money by giving odp $2k and traveling to their events on top of your club expenses
          Yet you won’t even rebutt Thst

ignorance is bliss

Comment

Honestly you are a fraud

You have not even tried to debate one point

Now have 5 kids

Ranging from 2 in college to elementary school

You cry poverty but are willing to pay odp 2k

Truth is you are just a liar

A wanna be

Nj odp is just like national league it’s for 2nd and 3rd tier players

It wasn’t always like that. And if you do have college age children it may have been better then

But today’s odp Is far from what it once was. And the college coaches know it . Just like the national league is far from what it once was

That’s why college coach attendance was at an all
            Time low for the championships 2 weekends ago

You are shooting off your mouth without knowing what is going on

And I’m truth you are the turd

Anyone who knows youth soccer knows you are wrong and that you are a turd

On top of Thst you are spending the same amount of money by giving odp $2k and traveling to their events on top of your club expenses
            Yet you won’t even rebutt Thst

ignorance is bliss
            Hahaha. Not 5 kids, 4. And, you have a lot of time on your hands.

You can call me whatever you want. I laugh last. I'm the one with the kids that received/receiving big time college scholarship money.

Maybe if you spent more time with your kid kicking around ball and less time keyboarding, you would have that luxury as well.

Yes, I spent ODP money and club money, USYS, ECNL & GDA.

ODP is still a great option for additional training, traveling, networking, getting in front of coaches.

You waste your money and I'll spend mine wisely. So far, it's worked for me and my family.

Comment

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...ional/coaches/

Here's the link to the 2018 Boca event as far as coaches that attended. Some top ones and not all coaches register. This event and some others like it are ODP only and not open to other USYS teams.

Comment

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...ional/coaches/

Here's the link to the 2018 Boca event as far as coaches that attended. Some top ones and not all coaches register. This event and some others like it are ODP only and not open to other USYS teams.
                Is this typical? Pretty small list; about 1/10th we see at some others.

Comment

Is this typical? Pretty small list; about 1/10th we see at some others.
                  Sure more at the ECNL or GDA showcases. No one is disputing more coaches attend ECNL or GDA showcases, but at 3x's the cost.

With ODP, at the Boca event, housing, meals, etc. are all included in a very reasonable cost. And parents don't have to attend unless you want to. It's just an example of how to get in front of very good coaches for less money.

Comment

Sure more at the ECNL or GDA showcases. No one is disputing more coaches attend ECNL or GDA showcases, but at 3x's the cost.

With ODP, at the Boca event, housing, meals, etc. are all included in a very reasonable cost. And parents don't have to attend unless you want to. It's just an example of how to get in front of very good coaches for less money.
                    Aah, got it. Parents don't need to go to other showcases, either.

Still seems very limited. What are the costs if you played for a Club and ODP to compare?

Comment

Aah, got it. Parents don't need to go to other showcases, either.

Still seems very limited. What are the costs if you played for a Club and ODP to compare?
                      He doesn’t know

Every real club da ecnl ussys npl is around 3k
                      If his child( if he really has one ) is playing on a town
                      Team approximately half that . ( but you probably have a parent coaching winter training is extra and you don’t go to real
                      Showcases ( if you do it’s lower brackets Thst coaches won’t come to see)

So for argument sake let’s say his daughter plays ussys

He’ll pay same 3k for registration as ecnl or da

There are 3 showcases in the da and ecnl

If they plays ussys and make regionals and nationals there are 4 events

Then you have other showcases such as Jeff cup
                      Wags fc Delco That the better teams attend

Then let’s add 2k for odp plus the travel for the odp
                      Events

So if you do the math it’s a wash

The difference is the level of exposure to top colleges and the age they are going to get the exposure

If we are to believe the blow hard braggart lol
                      His college kids got scholarships without playing ecnl

Well Thst was before the da was in existence .

So
                      What has happened is the coaches no see ecnl
                      And da as 1a and 1b as far as talent level

And see npl and Usys as c and d level

He may have gotten by before the da but if he’s going to try that route again he will not be happy

Da and ecnl
                      Players don’t join odp so the level of odp has been severely watered down

As you can see there are simple explanations and a reasonable person would be willing to rebutt these points

Instead this guy wants to
                      Tell everyone how smart he is and how great his kids are

And why

Because we can’t prove he’s lying because we don’t know who he is.

Great people don’t tell you how great they are

Comment

But what about the real cost? Airfare

This guy is hysterical

He picks the part that supports his argument and ignored the rest

So you had to
                        Fly to Florida on top
                        Of what you paid for odp
                        And what you paid to be in your club and your club showcases

Penny wise dollar foolish

I bet you called the boys trip
                        A vacation and didn’t count it as a soccer expense

Well
                        Them
                        We went to Colorado
                        Florida and San Diego on vacation and the da was very cheap

Fool

Comment

He doesn’t know

Every real club da ecnl ussys npl is around 3k
                          If his child( if he really has one ) is playing on a town
                          Team approximately half that . ( but you probably have a parent coaching winter training is extra and you don’t go to real
                          Showcases ( if you do it’s lower brackets Thst coaches won’t come to see)

So for argument sake let’s say his daughter plays ussys

He’ll pay same 3k for registration as ecnl or da

There are 3 showcases in the da and ecnl

If they plays ussys and make regionals and nationals there are 4 events

Then you have other showcases such as Jeff cup
                          Wags fc Delco That the better teams attend

Then let’s add 2k for odp plus the travel for the odp
                          Events

So if you do the math it’s a wash

The difference is the level of exposure to top colleges and the age they are going to get the exposure

If we are to believe the blow hard braggart lol
                          His college kids got scholarships without playing ecnl

Well Thst was before the da was in existence .

So
                          What has happened is the coaches no see ecnl
                          And da as 1a and 1b as far as talent level

And see npl and Usys as c and d level

He may have gotten by before the da but if he’s going to try that route again he will not be happy

Da and ecnl
                          Players don’t join odp so the level of odp has been severely watered down

As you can see there are simple explanations and a reasonable person would be willing to rebutt these points

Instead this guy wants to
                          Tell everyone how smart he is and how great his kids are

And why

Because we can’t prove he’s lying because we don’t know who he is.

Great people don’t tell you how great they are
                          Well, not lying, don't know who you are either. But you obviously have an ax to grind with ODP. I know kids in ECNL and GDA that aren't going DI and not all that go DI go top DI either.

I'm not telling anyone I'm great. I am just offering some advice based on actual experience not grandstanding or picking one league over the other. I'm not doing that either.

You seem to have a problem with this. And a lot of time to pontificate why. Seems to me you have an agenda.

Open your basement window; you may be getting too much radon exposure.

Comment

Well, not lying, don't know who you are either. But you obviously have an ax to grind with ODP. I know kids in ECNL and GDA that aren't going DI and not all that go DI go top DI either.

I'm not telling anyone I'm great. I am just offering some advice based on actual experience not grandstanding or picking one league over the other. I'm not doing that either.

You seem to have a problem with this. And a lot of time to pontificate why. Seems to me you have an agenda.

Open your basement window; you may be getting too much radon exposure.
                            Back to my question...what is the cash outlay for a club & ODP (with this showcase/tournament you referenced)?

Disregard a town travel team cost as that's not an apples to apples comparison.

Comment

And my youngest isn't in ECNL or GDA yet. She is playing USYS. Her sister, who is currently in college and playing, top DI, 95% scholarship was in ODP/USYS; ODP/ECNL and then GDA (no ODP allowed). Her oldest sister is out of school, graduated, played another sport, DI, full ride.

So, I am living the Title IX dream.

Comment

Back to my question...what is the cash outlay for a club & ODP (with this showcase/tournament you referenced)?

Disregard a town travel team cost as that's not an apples to apples comparison.
                                ODP was a minimal cost when compared with the club costs. And, in ODP she garnered a lot of interest early in the process. Was the best money we spent in soccer. So, coaches were already looking for her in ECNL and GDA (although no ODP).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X