Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your child is training "all day" then shes not training right lol.
    It's the Olivia Moultrie type situation...player gets homeschooled to focus on training. That's pretty crazy.

Comment

Double team? Zone? Funny dt, actually hilarious
      That's some next level stuff right there. I've heard of man marking a player but a "Double Team or Zone?

Comment

Guest playing all year

That's some next level stuff right there. I've heard of man marking a player but a "Double Team or Zone?
        Person who wrote it doesn’t know soccer. Probably some US “big three.” Three types of soccer defending: man marking, zonal and hybrid. Don’t hear double teaming in soccer; it’s pressure, cover and balance—which is particularly organized against a good attacking player.

There are a few very special young talents out there. Some families will go all in. However, there are many other factors that enable success, and making the highest levels requires being good and winning the lottery of exposure, opportunity, etc. Many, many more crash and burn than are successful. So, be careful of the ROI.

Comment

To the OP

I wouldn’t do it , I want my kid to cherish her teen years , not hang out with daddy all day every day , it isn’t healthy. And if it’s a girl, what’s the goal? A pro averages 15k a year lol

And NT isn’t an option if you aren’t on a real team doing social team things where you can be evaluated as well

Comment

Training day

If your child is training "all day" then shes not training right lol.
            My understanding from the jelly parent rumor mill is this Leonella Messi trains with Daddy trainer's boys

Comment

Pimp in the fall
              Ball in the spring

Comment

It's the Olivia Moultrie type situation...player gets homeschooled to focus on training. That's pretty crazy.
                She played club soccer, still does. However both share one common thread - insane parents

Comment

Most leagues u need to be a primary or club pass player. Without club affiliation, there’s no way to accomplish this. They’re hosed. Looking for a creative short cut. Just like Horan and Pugh who went straight pro instead of college. Neither started the final games.
                  They played club soccer. I don't care if you're the progeny of the world's greatest trainer, USNT won't take anyone seriously who isn't playing regularly on a team. Reyna's kid played NY area DA before going to Europe. Pulisic did too. New 15 year old signed by Seattle whose dad is a pro coach also was a DA player. No doubt this player isn't near that level or they wouldn't still be doing ODP.

Comment

Thoughts on not signing with a club and just guest playing ? She’s an 05 elite, odp regular and plays primarily with boys , home schooled so she is training all day

Will NT scouts or division college 1 coaches frown at the situation?
                    For those in the Tampa Bay area, we all know who this girl is, for those that don't, she has played at multiple clubs throughout the years. She was at TBU (U8 -U12) and is now with WFF. She is an OK player who did not make the ECNL team at TBU so she went to WFF DA. Now since the WFF 05 is in trouble, her parents are trying to find a home for her. These parents are crazy, just let the girl play where she wants. Let it be her decision not yours.

Comment

For those in the Tampa Bay area, we all know who this girl is, for those that don't, she has played at multiple clubs throughout the years. She was at TBU (U8 -U12) and is now with WFF. She is an OK player who did not make the ECNL team at TBU so she went to WFF DA. Now since the WFF 05 is in trouble, her parents are trying to find a home for her. These parents are crazy, just let the girl play where she wants. Let it be her decision not yours.
                      Wff 05 da just fine , thanks for checking

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I know exactly who you are referring to and although I am not defending this player - or parents - but the original post had enough information for anyone who knows who you are alluding to is definitely not this player.

In fact, I seriously doubt the original post is even legit, but instead a crazy license in to bash this teenager (or their parents) on this board who can’t otherwise defend themselves. These posts and responses should avoid getting personal.

Comment

Post script: my daughter is Messi

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I know exactly who you are referring to and although I am not defending this player - or parents - but the original post had enough information for anyone who knows who you are alluding to is definitely not this player.

In fact, I seriously doubt the original post is even legit, but instead a crazy license in to bash this teenager (or their parents) on this board who can’t otherwise defend themselves. These posts and responses should avoid getting personal.
                          Signed, crazy daddy coach

Comment

OP

I’m not a fan of home schooling but can’t knock it - some of the schools and students in the not so good neighborhoods are really shady

But guest playing all year is great if you can pull it off and get DOCs to let you play for free but i think that only works at the younger ages on teams playing low level leagues. Don’t see how a real da or ecnl team will allow you to guest play at the u15s and up

Boca girls has been eliminated so there goes that free guest playing spot

Comment

OP

I’m not a fan of home schooling but can’t knock it - some of the schools and students in the not so good neighborhoods are really shady

But guest playing all year is great if you can pull it off and get DOCs to let you play for free but i think that only works at the younger ages on teams playing low level leagues. Don’t see how a real da or ecnl team will allow you to guest play at the u15s and up

Boca girls has been eliminated so there goes that free guest playing spot
                              Teams will only comp for financial need (and will typically ask for paperwork to back it up) or the occasional super stud, and many won't even do that. Unlikely the OP's kid is all that, just in his own mind. In DA there are also rules on how many games a guest player can play, I think twelve. All leagues require registration for insurance purposes. Higher level teams want committed players. And players on those teams often aren't fond of temporary players coming in and taking PT.

Comment

Which docs are allowing this if they have full rosters?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X