Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will transgender boys dominate Connecticut girls high school sports again this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they put that on a t shirt, it was easily outsell your We Love Rapinoe ones. LOL
    Ummm...that was the point. The Rapinoe lovers will all buy the "rude, outspoken, egotistical and a terrible dancer" tee shirt and wear it proudly.

Comment

Ummm...that was the point. The Rapinoe lovers will all buy the "rude, outspoken, egotistical and a terrible dancer" tee shirt and wear it proudly.
      Good point! Hahahaha Badge of honor.

Comment

Well I’m affluent, educated, and not a Trump supporter. I’m not a fan of Rapinoe primarily for her decision to wear the jersey of the USA and represent our country while refusing to honor the flag/National Anthem. However, I don’t care one bit about her sexual orientation. I think my sentiments are pretty common here in CT as well as in Alabama or in California.
        How does she not honor the flag? Doesn't she stand when the anthem is played?

Is it a requirement in this nation to put your hand over your heart? NO

Is it a requirement to sing when the national anthem is played? NO

When the anthem is being played before any sporting event, how come you don't take issue with those in the crowd who continue to drink their beer, talk, fail to remove their hats and don't put their hands over their hearts or sing?

This is a bull**** issue. Always has been, even when Kapernick began kneeling. So what. Let him kneel. It's you folk who get all high and mighty over this that continue to feed the fire. If you didn't give it any attention, how much would any of this matter?

Power is never taken. It's only given.

Comment

My Vietnam vet father says your dad is a puzzy. He said there were a lot of them. Some claimed to be in swift boats and never stepped in country. He doesn’t like it when people disrespect the flag. So your old man doesn’t speak for everyone who served.
          Well, I served. I was there clear to the end and after the fall of Saigon.

And I agree with the other poster's dad.

I also marched against that war in Vietnam and stood up to my government for fighting in a bad war.

Not because I hate my country, but because I love my country. I didn't like my government and its willingness to send thousands into harms way for nebulous objectives.

Kind of like the **** that we've been going through for the last 20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. Another nebulous war that exists because old men are putting young men into harm's way.

The problem now is that there are simply too few who care enough to do what we did. Kids cared enough then. So much so that they risked their lives to tell the government to end the ****ing madness. "Four dead in Ohio....."

I love my country. So does Rapinoe. The leaders of our government are just road apples that make all of us stink. Rapinoe understands that. I guess you can't....or won't.

Comment

When the anthem is being played before any sporting event, how come you don't take issue with those in the crowd who continue to drink their beer, talk, fail to remove their hats and don't put their hands over their hearts or sing?

This is a bull**** issue. Always has been, even when Kapernick began kneeling. So what. Let him kneel. It's you folk who get all high and mighty over this that continue to feed the fire. If you didn't give it any attention, how much would any of this matter?

Honoring the flag, respect to the flag, acknowledgment of a symbol with a deep and emotional historical linkage to this country , are part of tradition and custom

Traditions and customs may not have a foundation in Law, but in many cases they stand the test of time , at least until most recently. The destruction of statues , the desecration of Art, which are the fruits of free speech and expression , the protest over a flag image on a sneaker, and the antics of MR are all connected.

It is the attacks itself that speak for themselves. Kapernick was an employee of the NFL by contract when he started his kneeling. Well before Trump was elected. he actually started sitting first, and apparently, no one really noticed. So he kicked it up a notch. That shows a determined effort with planning and a strategy to provoke a response. He could choose from a number of methods and behaviors to make a point if he wanted to carry on a " conversation" as they like to say, about " injustices" . Instead he chose to do it at work, in front of the people that are responsible for the revenue that pays him as an entertainer. The customer has a right to express their opinion , and their decision regarding the validity and method of protest.

Customers of the NFL are looking for a consideration of entertainment, sport, a game. They are not looking for political rhetoric . The games are opened by ceremony, tradition and custom.That's what the customer expects, that's what the customer pays for. Previous to Kapernick's antics there never has been much, if any , complaints about any of the particulars of the traditional openings. He has therefore interfered wit the norm, the accepted tradition and custom , and the paying customer and the highest elected government official in the land decided to call him out for it.

Any analogy between the above and the issue of MR is silly. She plays for a team that represents the citizens of the United States of America. She is not wearing the jersey of a for profit entity. She is not an employee of a for profit entity. She is an entertainer under contract to perform for the public at large. And since she is wearing the jersey representing this country, the public at large who are the fabric of the jersey deserve and expect behavior that aligns with their concept of behavior , tradition and custom.

Americans are being manipulated by the media. A handful of people decide what you should, and should not see and hear.More people than pipe in with their opinion and " expert analysis. In the end, common sense and logic needs to overtake the vast amount of information in order to accept what will become personal knowledge.

MR represented America in a sporting event. Not many expected, or asked for her to inject her political leanings, sexuality, derogatory and foul language and obnoxious behavior to the arena. The expectations are for someone like her to be a " role model" for aspiring young girls to realize that they could achieve their goals and succeed. Look away from the screen for a minute and just ponder if you want America to be filled by entertainers from all verticals injecting these types of " role model " behavior to children.

Comment

Well, I served. I was there clear to the end and after the fall of Saigon.

And I agree with the other poster's dad.

I also marched against that war in Vietnam and stood up to my government for fighting in a bad war.

Not because I hate my country, but because I love my country. I didn't like my government and its willingness to send thousands into harms way for nebulous objectives.

Kind of like the **** that we've been going through for the last 20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. Another nebulous war that exists because old men are putting young men into harm's way.

The problem now is that there are simply too few who care enough to do what we did. Kids cared enough then. So much so that they risked their lives to tell the government to end the ****ing madness. "Four dead in Ohio....."

I love my country. So does Rapinoe. The leaders of our government are just road apples that make all of us stink. Rapinoe understands that. I guess you can't....or won't.

I agree our govt is rough
              thats why i voted trump not in the govt
              why did you vote who you voted for- - if you keep the same people in nothing changes

Comment

She's only standing because she was ordered to. Shows just how deep her conviction is.

Comment

Honoring the flag, respect to the flag, acknowledgment of a symbol with a deep and emotional historical linkage to this country , are part of tradition and custom

Traditions and customs may not have a foundation in Law, but in many cases they stand the test of time , at least until most recently. The destruction of statues , the desecration of Art, which are the fruits of free speech and expression , the protest over a flag image on a sneaker, and the antics of MR are all connected.

It is the attacks itself that speak for themselves. Kapernick was an employee of the NFL by contract when he started his kneeling. Well before Trump was elected. he actually started sitting first, and apparently, no one really noticed. So he kicked it up a notch. That shows a determined effort with planning and a strategy to provoke a response. He could choose from a number of methods and behaviors to make a point if he wanted to carry on a " conversation" as they like to say, about " injustices" . Instead he chose to do it at work, in front of the people that are responsible for the revenue that pays him as an entertainer. The customer has a right to express their opinion , and their decision regarding the validity and method of protest.

Customers of the NFL are looking for a consideration of entertainment, sport, a game. They are not looking for political rhetoric . The games are opened by ceremony, tradition and custom.That's what the customer expects, that's what the customer pays for. Previous to Kapernick's antics there never has been much, if any , complaints about any of the particulars of the traditional openings. He has therefore interfered wit the norm, the accepted tradition and custom , and the paying customer and the highest elected government official in the land decided to call him out for it.

Any analogy between the above and the issue of MR is silly. She plays for a team that represents the citizens of the United States of America. She is not wearing the jersey of a for profit entity. She is not an employee of a for profit entity. She is an entertainer under contract to perform for the public at large. And since she is wearing the jersey representing this country, the public at large who are the fabric of the jersey deserve and expect behavior that aligns with their concept of behavior , tradition and custom.

Americans are being manipulated by the media. A handful of people decide what you should, and should not see and hear.More people than pipe in with their opinion and " expert analysis. In the end, common sense and logic needs to overtake the vast amount of information in order to accept what will become personal knowledge.

MR represented America in a sporting event. Not many expected, or asked for her to inject her political leanings, sexuality, derogatory and foul language and obnoxious behavior to the arena. The expectations are for someone like her to be a " role model" for aspiring young girls to realize that they could achieve their goals and succeed. Look away from the screen for a minute and just ponder if you want America to be filled by entertainers from all verticals injecting these types of " role model " behavior to children.
                  Switch to decaf, Skippy.

Comment

Blah blah blah blah blah blecch.

MR is a terrific role model.

Comment

Switch to decaf, Skippy.
                      eat sh1t, biff

Comment

eat sh1t, biff
                        What a come back. That took you 4 hours to think up?

Comment

Blah blah blah blah blah blecch.

MR is a terrific role model.
                          For who? What an idiot.

Comment

You should be examining your heart instead of attacking others. It sounds like you have a lot of hate for transgenders when they are no different than your daughter and should be allowed and welcomed to play with them if they want to.
                            huh? I would suggest there are quite a bit of differences between a transgender person and my daughter. if you have a daughter (who's not transgender) I would suggest there's quite a bit of difference there too. like, some serious biological differences.

Comment

What a come back. That took you 4 hours to think up?
                              Ok, pussyboy.....

Comment

Ok, pussyboy.....
                                Another stellar retort. Tapped out in 8th grade? HS looked too challenging?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X