Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You've heard wrong. Maybe concentrate on your own club instead of "wishing" other clubs to fail. Do you really want the Reign DA to fail?? Do you want Predmore to sell the Women's Reign team and have it dissolve or move to another state? *** is wrong with you. You sound like those trolls that are complaining about the US women team.

During tryouts, a number of ECNL coaches tried to steer our kid away from Reign with crazy rumors and negative stories. Once she made her choice to go to DA and leave ECNL, they had nothing but praise and good things to say about her decision.

And for anyone that may be on the fence about the DA because of all the chest thumping yahoo's on this thread and others... The top Crossfire coaches say the same in private. Those who spend a lot of time trying to give negative advice or convince others about the poor aspects of another club, usually have their own issues, and are not truly interested in helping others. You really think Crossfire parents are the ones on here bragging about their DA/ECNL teams? Those kids are all committed to schools already. For all its faults, Crossfire is a solid program and parents don't have time to chest thump. If you need advice on clubs and where your player is at...go to a Toca or Coerver session and get evaluated. Talk to the coaches that run those organizations. The top DA and ECNL players all work within those programs as well as get personal training (how else do you think players develop?). That's a much better measure for individual performance than reading the score results for games you didn't actually attend.

The reign are solidifying their new DA teams, and they are seemingly now more or less where they need to be. So the 02/01 team is mostly 02's and 01's. The 03/04 team the same. Our. DA team has 10 new players for this year, all from DA and ECNL. I wouldn't worry about how they do if your kid is not in the program. Since Reign commitment rates are approaching crossfire's, I'd be more worried about the new programs at Eastside, Pac and SU. Crossfire, WPFC and Reign have already proven they can commit players and get them seen.

And as a parent that's been on both ECNL and DA, I can say the resources Reign provides for contacting colleges and the commitment process far exceeds what we had at ECNL, and ECNL was a good experience for us. ECNL did require a lot more player and parent involvement with colleges to make things happen. And the club was much more hands off in their approach to contacting colleges for players.

This forum could be a good place for parents of players that have yet to experience certain levels of play to get good advice. Right now it's a setting for over the top made up drama.
    Pac has a solid track record helping with college commitments for all levels of players.

Comment

Coerver is run by that bald guy who talks more than trains and his little minion lady.

but no both of them are awesome and truly love to develop players. they are fully outside the club system and don't get involved at all with club politics or poaching players
      My son who did Coerver for many years thought the line about TR was funny (and true). As far as not caring about the club system, that's partially true as sometimes they put players in higher groups just because of where they play and not on their skill level. Unfortunately there aren't the HS age players like they used to have, especially at SeaTac.

Comment

Funny

Great to see so many knowledgeable girls parents responding to the statements about TR. This shows the level of play. The TR reference has absolutely nothing to do with Coerver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This proves the point of this board.

Comment

Yeah, TR definitely talks too much. My kid needs time on the ball, not lectures. Coerver has lost a lot of skilled coaches. The current coaching crew is not close to the ability level of the coaches they had a few years ago. TR is throwing out too many young HS kids and the savviness is missing.

Comment

Can someone please provide a ballpark on how much it is to participate in one season at Reign? I have heard it can be more than 12K. I know ECNL was about Half that but was trying to hear from someone that actually was part of the Reign last year.

Comment

Can someone please provide a ballpark on how much it is to participate in one season at Reign? I have heard it can be more than 12K. I know ECNL was about Half that but was trying to hear from someone that actually was part of the Reign last year.
              A bit more than ecnl (or an rcl team playing national league + showcases), except for xf, which subsidizes travel other than surf and is thus materially less expensive. DA events cost a bit more than ecnl events due to the extra day, and da travel is a bit more (and maybe as much as $1k-$2k or so more) due the changes in the league divisions and ecnl becoming more of a local league with some national events and the da division being more spread out. $12k is way off unless some parent is going to all the games, staying at Ritz Carltons, and counting that.

Comment

Obviously written by a parent with a little Mia on the Reign who
                plays full-time starter. Good for you, big poppa. Got yours so no
                worries? Sorry, but I got some bad news for you. There are plenty
                of girls in ECNL and non-ECNL who could easily play at the Reign
                and make your parents very happy to get such talent or very sad
                since they would take your little Mia's job away. Some can't
                afford the 12+ travel trips. Some like to play in hs. Some live too far
                away. Some just like their friends and team. So, you should be very
                happy that these girls aren't coming in b/c some of you will be
                very, very sad. Only the coaches and Reign would love this to
                happen.

Here is the big kicker: college coaches pick talented players. Talent
                is the currency. They will find them no matter the league or badge
                the girls wear. If finding NT girls is the goal, it is kind of sad
                that they picking girls just from DA.

So, keep on puffing away on the good stuff. Nice little dream to have.
                Hmm, so you’re saying there are “plenty” of ecnl and non-ecnl players who could have come in and supplanted the 11 graduating seniors who are going on to play in college, but those girls chose not to do so because they wanted to play hs or stick with their current teams? And yet those players all landed college offers even though college coaches can find the players they want “no matter the league or the badge they wear”? I’m sure that with a bit more thought you’ll realize they just doesn’t compute.

As for US Soccer picking players from DA, US Soccer has been saying for years that it believes the DA environment is the best place for players to develop. It’s hardly surprising that a lot of YNT-level players have gravitated to DA, or that YNT coaches are not wild about checking out new marginal players who chose to disregard their advise and say “nah, I’d rather play high school and stick with my friends.” YNT’s are still picking players from XF and other ECNL clubs who are good enough they they aren’t on the margins.

Comment

My son who did Coerver for many years thought the line about TR was funny (and true). As far as not caring about the club system, that's partially true as sometimes they put players in higher groups just because of where they play and not on their skill level. Unfortunately there aren't the HS age players like they used to have, especially at SeaTac.
                  Heh. I thought I was the only one who saw this. They must pay
                  attention to the badges on the backpacks. There were kids in the
                  top group that should have not been there. Unfortunately, slowed
                  down the speed of play. There was one kid who is like the top player
                  from a big club my kid played against who was placed in the lower
                  groups. Honestly, it didn't make sense, but maybe they didn't know
                  which club this kid was from. Made me question about Coerver in
                  the older ages. If Coerver want to be relevant for hs age kids,
                  they need to create a program for only proven players like an
                  old ODP state level or some equivalent, not just the badge.
                  I would play for that and my kid would do it.
                  Otherwise, it is privates and Toca.

Comment

Just want to put this out there that the only team to advance from group stage in the DA playoffs was the Reign 04 team. Let the haters start talking but performance can’t be knocked.

Comment

A bit more than ecnl (or an rcl team playing national league + showcases), except for xf, which subsidizes travel other than surf and is thus materially less expensive. DA events cost a bit more than ecnl events due to the extra day, and da travel is a bit more (and maybe as much as $1k-$2k or so more) due the changes in the league divisions and ecnl becoming more of a local league with some national events and the da division being more spread out. $12k is way off unless some parent is going to all the games, staying at Ritz Carltons, and counting that.
                      Reign last year was around $11K. They underestimated the travel costs and slapped an extra bill onto the end of the year. I believe the original estimated cost was about $9200. plus the price of the kit, plus the extra end of year payment that was around $1700. Now if you want to travel to watch your kid play of course the price goes up from there.

Comment

Just want to put this out there that the only team to advance from group stage in the DA playoffs was the Reign 04 team. Let the haters start talking but performance can’t be knocked.
                        The reign 04 team is not only talented but Matt Dorman is an excellent dedicated coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X