X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So did the birds take flight?
    Around 200 girls joined and about 50 college players training during summer.

Comment

"Bird"Stock in Oregon 2019

I'm sure it was more than attended Trumps inauguration.

Comment

"Bird"Stock in Oregon 2019

I'm sure it was more than attended Trumps inauguration.
        Trumps inauguration broke all records for most people attending.

Comment

Thats not really enough to field a full line of teams. Its unlikely you will have teams with comparable talent from top to bottom with those numbers, and im sure some age groups had to combine for numbers. Too bad

Comment

Thats not really enough to field a full line of teams. Its unlikely you will have teams with comparable talent from top to bottom with those numbers, and im sure some age groups had to combine for numbers. Too bad
            200 / 16 = 12, plus change.

If it's a girls-only club, that's enough for one team at each age group from U8 to U19. More likely, there may be some ages with multiple teams, and some with no teams. Not a bad start for a new club.

Did you think that to be successful, a new club has to be as big as PCU on day one?

Comment

200 / 16 = 12, plus change.

If it's a girls-only club, that's enough for one team at each age group from U8 to U19. More likely, there may be some ages with multiple teams, and some with no teams. Not a bad start for a new club.

Did you think that to be successful, a new club has to be as big as PCU on day one?
              I get the numbers. However, lets say an age group only got 16 players. There is no way in that situation that from 1-16 they are very close in talent. That isn't good for development. I'm not saying they can't work out as a club, but there will probably be a few good teams an a good amount of weaker teams (similar to GPS)

What I found more interesting was to field enough coaches, I noticed a lot of current college players are head coaches at age groups. Why is it people think a current college player or even one who just finished will all of a sudden be a great coach? some may and some may not. Coaching is not the same as playing, they have a lot to learn as well.

Comment

Or old farts who’ve been passed up at the thorns

Comment

New Club

WOW look at this new club go. 13 teams according to their web site.

Two questions

1. Did most of these players come from THUSC ?
                  2. What league will they play in? I heard they didn't get into OYSA

Comment

Two questions

13 teams of 16 players

16 players at 1700 per player is?

Who’s bottom line did they hit?

Comment

Two questions

Their website says they are playing OYSA fall and spring league.

Comment

Great

Their website says they are playing OYSA fall and spring league.
                        Good deal. I just didn't seem them listed under OYSA clubs.

Comment

Good deal. I just didn't seem them listed under OYSA clubs.
                          We have to go under the name of another club to play OYSA.

Comment

13 teams of 16 players

16 players at 1700 per player is?

Who’s bottom line did they hit?
                            More than $300k hit to THUSC - OUCH

Comment

We have to go under the name of another club to play OYSA.
                              Will be interesting to see if OYSA will allow this - every indication is that they are coming down hard on these type of arrangements.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if OYSA will allow this - every indication is that they are coming down hard on these type of arrangements.
                                No, they are actually encouraging it for new club applicants.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X