Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My issue is that the clubs hold players hostage and all the while they’re out there recruiting replacements. It’s bullshi t that the club can do their best to find new players but god forbid a kid be found out looking for a possible new team.
    If your kid is a quality player, she will get playtime whether your leaving or staying. If your leaving the club will try to persuade you to stay. If your kid in player 10 or lower in ranking on the team, and your looking to leave, guess what, players 12-18 will be taking her playing time. They have other players they need to convince to stay

Comment

It's bull**** that players can't look for better options without consequences. There is nothing wrong with seeing where you're at. Players should be free to use the ID system to their advantage, because as someone said correctly, clubs, professional or not, youth soccer or high school or college, are ALWAYS recruiting. You are always trying to make your team better.

And on the "ladder system," that's bull**** too. If your child is on a DA / ECNL team, there is no such thing as 1 to 18, they should be all quality players.

Would you ever call an AP BIO student in High School a "Bench Student"? If things are working correctly, that AP BIO student getting a C, should get an A in the college prep or fundamental biology level, whatever they call that.

As a former professional player and coach, it's on the club if the drop off in talent is too high, or, it's on the environment in NJ if the talent is watered down (too many teams?), but there's no such thing as a Bench Player. That's the biggest bull**** I have ever heard from parents in the US.

Comment

If only the clubs would be honest with parents and kids, too. Like if you're a threat to possibly be dropped or cut, they should be talking to you about whats going on and what can or can't be done to change that. It's really unfair the way they'll hold kids hostage and cause issues if you look for a new situation, all the while they're looking for a replacement! Definitely not good and makes the whole club thing look terrible.

Comment

If only the clubs would be honest with parents and kids, too. Like if you're a threat to possibly be dropped or cut, they should be talking to you about whats going on and what can or can't be done to change that. It's really unfair the way they'll hold kids hostage and cause issues if you look for a new situation, all the while they're looking for a replacement! Definitely not good and makes the whole club thing look terrible.
          If your kid is gettting less than a half a game of play time, she is at risk of being dropped when a better player comes along.

Comment

Our family is very concerned about this move to GDA. I look at the other clubs that are in this league, and I don't think the league has enough quality to quantify the commitment the league asks it's players to give. Any others with the same thoughts?

Comment

Our family is very concerned about this move to GDA. I look at the other clubs that are in this league, and I don't think the league has enough quality to quantify the commitment the league asks it's players to give. Any others with the same thoughts?
              Have you talked to the club about this? We were at STA Night last week and this was certainly a concern and I think they addressed it very well. Not sure any league has top to bottom quality. If you look at ECNL, National League, or other -- there are going to be close, competitive games and then when you reach the bottom of each league there will be blow out games in any league. You have to believe in an overall training philosophy and the coaching staff v. whether playing Cedar Stars Bergen or Albertson Fury gives you the quality you are looking for. There are certainly other pros and cons to each league you choose to play in but if you didn't go to STA night, I would talk to the club.

Comment

Have you talked to the club about this? We were at STA Night last week and this was certainly a concern and I think they addressed it very well. Not sure any league has top to bottom quality. If you look at ECNL, National League, or other -- there are going to be close, competitive games and then when you reach the bottom of each league there will be blow out games in any league. You have to believe in an overall training philosophy and the coaching staff v. whether playing Cedar Stars Bergen or Albertson Fury gives you the quality you are looking for. There are certainly other pros and cons to each league you choose to play in but if you didn't go to STA night, I would talk to the club.
                Thank you. I guess I will have to speak to the staff. Our daughters have always hoped to play HS together and next year would have been the first time they would have been able to. Older daughter has no aspirations of playing in college so this will be a tough decision

Comment

Thank you. I guess I will have to speak to the staff. Our daughters have always hoped to play HS together and next year would have been the first time they would have been able to. Older daughter has no aspirations of playing in college so this will be a tough decision
                  If you are already at STA you don't have to play DA. You can stay USYS. Why stress if DA is not your thing. If its ECNL your after then give Dom Bucci a call at MF. He would love to take more money to add girls to the roster

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                    if you are already at sta you don't have to play da. You can stay usys. Why stress if da is not your thing. If its ecnl your after then give dom bucci a call at mf. He would love to take more money to add girls to the roster
                    fake news....fake news.......fake news........

Comment

If you are already at STA you don't have to play DA. You can stay USYS. Why stress if DA is not your thing. If its ECNL your after then give Dom Bucci a call at MF. He would love to take more money to add girls to the roster
                      STA will probably keep one or two girls "High School" age teams around for a while but ultimately it will end up DA or nothing. They wont have enough decent players to field multiple teams.

Comment

STA will probably keep one or two girls "High School" age teams around for a while but ultimately it will end up DA or nothing. They wont have enough decent players to field multiple teams.

Considering they have 2 teams per age group now, some age groups three, it will be DA and USYS. Now whether or not the USYS team is any good for each age group is another story.

Comment

fake news....fake news.......fake news........

lol..which part is Fake? Must be a fan of the BB. You know, Bucci Bullsheet

Comment

Considering they have 2 teams per age group now, some age groups three, it will be DA and USYS. Now whether or not the USYS team is any good for each age group is another story.
                            Sometimes these DA teams roster like 20 kids though and that doesnt leave many for the non-DA side. Also, have to see what costs are because no one will want to pay to be on the USYS side if they dont have enough competitive girls. I think they'll end up with decent DA teams and then very poor non-DA teams.

Comment

Sometimes these DA teams roster like 20 kids though and that doesnt leave many for the non-DA side. Also, have to see what costs are because no one will want to pay to be on the USYS side if they dont have enough competitive girls. I think they'll end up with decent DA teams and then very poor non-DA teams.
                              I haven't see a DA team with a FT playing roster that large. Typically it's 16 on game-days, and the other slots are PT players who can play on other teams.

Comment

From my experience with STA there are plenty of girls to make up multiple teams. Not to mention lots of interest in the DA from the outside. And not everyone there wants to do DA so will be viable B and C teams. The intent of the club is that DA in now in addition to the existing teams so the lower level teams will continue to get the same development as before.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X