Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stay away from Matchfit especially at younger ages. They dont develop kids. Any of the older teams that do well is because they recruit kids in. Just last month they brought in 8 kids to fill their 06ECNL team. What reputable club needs to bring in 8 kids midyear? There is now 26 kids on their roster. What about the kids that were already on that team? They dont care. Dom Bucci who runs the whole thing is just an arrogant, self serving, A-hole.
    I agree, stay away from MF. They don't consistently communicate on the players they have for games in time, they won't keep their promises at all (it's all about the next star at any age group), they don't care about the jersey or academy jersey you are wearing and will recruit you anyway, they won't tell a player what they need to focus on to get better near term or long term, and if you play for them a single season and make it to college, they claim they developed you.

And on their coaches, I don't know if Bucci runs everything, but yes, a complete arrogant ass. This is going on 10 years now, I don't have a kid in MF anymore, I ref.

After the 2018 Spring Season, I heard that at the boys level, 25% of the boys at 04 - 08 ECNL teams went to PDA Hibernians. It is run by Donigan, who was fired by Rutgers. Another 25% went to clubs all over the area.

The performance on the field Fall 2018 showed. In the games I ref'd, I felt bad for the boys. You can tell they are not having fun being outmatched. At least MF could have brought them down into a lower, competitive bracket, that was controllable. But I don't know what the new league rules are anymore.

Comment

I agree, stay away from MF. They don't consistently communicate on the players they have for games in time, they won't keep their promises at all (it's all about the next star at any age group), they don't care about the jersey or academy jersey you are wearing and will recruit you anyway, they won't tell a player what they need to focus on to get better near term or long term, and if you play for them a single season and make it to college, they claim they developed you.

And on their coaches, I don't know if Bucci runs everything, but yes, a complete arrogant ass. This is going on 10 years now, I don't have a kid in MF anymore, I ref.

After the 2018 Spring Season, I heard that at the boys level, 25% of the boys at 04 - 08 ECNL teams went to PDA Hibernians. It is run by Donigan, who was fired by Rutgers. Another 25% went to clubs all over the area.

The performance on the field Fall 2018 showed. In the games I ref'd, I felt bad for the boys. You can tell they are not having fun being outmatched. At least MF could have brought them down into a lower, competitive bracket, that was controllable. But I don't know what the new league rules are anymore.
      Sounds like SOUR grapes to me buddy.........being that you have a ax to grind with MF I assume you shouldn't be doing any of those games. IMO

Comment

Sounds like SOUR grapes to me buddy.........being that you have a ax to grind with MF I assume you shouldn't be doing any of those games. IMO

I am not the person who posted this but what I can say is there are many people that feel the same way about MF. Bucci is a scum bag. The only thing that club has going for it is ECNL and it handcuffs kids/parents when WC and PDA are not options. I ask this. If MatchFit did not have ECNL, why would people go there? Why stand for Buccis BS? Matchfit is against letting clubs like STA into ECNL because everyone would leave to go to STA.

Comment

I am not the person who posted this but what I can say is there are many people that feel the same way about MF. Bucci is a scum bag. The only thing that club has going for it is ECNL and it handcuffs kids/parents when WC and PDA are not options. I ask this. If MatchFit did not have ECNL, why would people go there? Why stand for Buccis BS? Matchfit is against letting clubs like STA into ECNL because everyone would leave to go to STA.
          So now that STA has DA — I guess folks will need to make a decision as to whether that provides enough of an alternative to move on.

Comment

So now that STA has DA — I guess folks will need to make a decision as to whether that provides enough of an alternative to move on.
            Nobody is running to STA and for sure nobody is leaving Matchfit

Comment

You keep drinking your kool-aid

Comment

Except all those players that left for PDA and World Class...but other than that, nobody

Comment

Matchfit is a revolving door of coaches and players. Once GDA allows high school play Match fit is in trouble. Except for the idiots that by into the BB... you know, Buccis's Bull****

Comment

You keep drinking your kool-aid
                    No Kool-Aid drinking here........plus its too much sugar lol. Seriously through nobody is leaving at this point or trying to leave. People will see how things shake out and start to unfold as the second half of the season begins to get started and then maybe the reality of what's to come or coming will show its ugly head. We like Bucci and the staff but like any club there is POSITIVES and NEGITIVES no matter how you slice the cake.

Comment

I have no ax to grind with MF, re-read all the previous posts. It was easy doing MF games in the Fall, they were outmatched in all the games, they lost too many players.

In one game, they didn't even take a shot on goal, the ball never came out of the defensive zone except for a punt or an attempted play over the top. How do I remember the game? You remember the worst, one-sided games. That ECNL tag was a joke!

Comment

I have no ax to grind with MF, re-read all the previous posts. It was easy doing MF games in the Fall, they were outmatched in all the games, they lost too many players.

In one game, they didn't even take a shot on goal, the ball never came out of the defensive zone except for a punt or an attempted play over the top. How do I remember the game? You remember the worst, one-sided games. That ECNL tag was a joke!

Not sure what age group you are referring to but I have seen that with MFA as well. As they get older Bucci tries to fix their lack of development by enticing good players in with that ECNL badge. Just like what he just did with the 06 team. 8 new players mid year (all good kids) because the existing team was a joke. Apparently kids brought in aren't paying anything either..LOL nice development model for a soccer club

Comment

Surely you are making that up, they are the best club in NJ. Ask Bucci, he will tell you all about himself

Comment

Surely you are making that up, they are the best club in NJ. Ask Bucci, he will tell you all about himself
                            If it's on Facebook or Insta it must be true, I think spends more time updating social media than he does coaching

Comment

Not sure what age group you are referring to but I have seen that with MFA as well. As they get older Bucci tries to fix their lack of development by enticing good players in with that ECNL badge. Just like what he just did with the 06 team. 8 new players mid year (all good kids) because the existing team was a joke. Apparently kids brought in aren't paying anything either..LOL nice development model for a soccer club
                              I still don't understand why them bringing in 8 kids to that group is such a big deal. They were low in numbers at that age group to start. So now they have 22 players.......big deal several of other clubs have that same number of players at this age. The beauty of the ECNL is that you have 2 games a weekend and all the kids will have their opportunity to see some sort of playing time. Really did not think it was a crime to add players.

Comment

I still don't understand why them bringing in 8 kids to that group is such a big deal. They were low in numbers at that age group to start. So now they have 22 players.......big deal several of other clubs have that same number of players at this age. The beauty of the ECNL is that you have 2 games a weekend and all the kids will have their opportunity to see some sort of playing time. Really did not think it was a crime to add players.
                                If I look at the prior poster's comments, I don't think the issue is roster size or playing time -- the point is that MFA has no development model or player pool to pull from. So in order to build teams the only way they can do that is to bring large numbers of kids in from the outside (again not a crime), but this entire post was started but someone looking for information on the younger set and development information. Its a free market and kids come and go from teams / clubs every year, but it doesn't seem that MFA has a good starting core.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X