Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like you were late to the party my friend, try reading the posts. He was taking about dangling carrot with respect to OCB. Everyone knows OCDA is free.
    OCB is also free and some get paid. Clueless keyboard warriors

Comment

Don't believe the poster was referring to cost. I got his or her point, you seem to be clueless.
      Now move on.

Comment

Don't believe the poster was referring to cost. I got his or her point, you seem to be clueless.
        Now move on.
        Couldn't care less about the cost because there is none. But considering that OCB is in last place and getting killed in most games, has an interim coach, and still plays at MV for the moment, how is that not considered a punishment rather than a reward?

Comment

hey dumba$s, there is nothing in this whole thread about cost cuz everyone with 1 working brain cell knows that OCDA has no cost as well as OCB. multiple posts on here are talking about how the OCDA coaches are trying to blow smoke up the kids a$s and telling them that they will sign an OCB contract.. as soon as some parents and kids hear "contract" they forget everything else cuz they think their kid is gonna be famous. they need to just be honest with the kids/parents. OCB right now is horrible and has minimal direction and guidance and pretty much only exists because OCSC was told they had to bring them back. again, if clubs would just be up front, don't promise things that statistically aren't going to happen and just coach the kids, all would be good..

Comment

hey dumba$s, there is nothing in this whole thread about cost cuz everyone with 1 working brain cell knows that OCDA has no cost as well as OCB. multiple posts on here are talking about how the OCDA coaches are trying to blow smoke up the kids a$s and telling them that they will sign an OCB contract.. as soon as some parents and kids hear "contract" they forget everything else cuz they think their kid is gonna be famous. they need to just be honest with the kids/parents. OCB right now is horrible and has minimal direction and guidance and pretty much only exists because OCSC was told they had to bring them back. again, if clubs would just be up front, don't promise things that statistically aren't going to happen and just coach the kids, all would be good..
            Who was promised a contract? My son said OCDA coaches mentioned that getting the players to OCB and 1st team is the club’s main priority. If you don’t want that for your future then it may not be te right place for you. Is everyone going to make it NO but how are they lying? I wasn’t too much of a fan based on last year but this year seems better. Takes time to rebuild a less than average program.

Comment

Who was promised a contract? My son said OCDA coaches mentioned that getting the players to OCB and 1st team is the club’s main priority. If you don’t want that for your future then it may not be te right place for you. Is everyone going to make it NO but how are they lying? I wasn’t too much of a fan based on last year but this year seems better. Takes time to rebuild a less than average program.
              son is still on 03/04 roster and coach literally told him that next year they would sign him on to OCB and he could finish his senior year "homeschooling/flvs"...
              no one said "promised" in any of the threads... I know you are searching for something to react on but its just not there...back to the point.. due to the history of OCDA, once they start this kind of talk, those who have been with them for a while start to get flashbacks... and you can bring in new coaches but the top the of mgmt. is still the same and the lack of communication and direction is still the same. to coin a phrase "the fish rots from the head"
              and yes, we are still there and we are rolling the dice and we have our eyes wide open.
              do feel sorry for any of the new folks that might still have their rose colored "going pro" glasses on...

Comment

son is still on 03/04 roster and coach literally told him that next year they would sign him on to OCB and he could finish his senior year "homeschooling/flvs"...
                no one said "promised" in any of the threads... I know you are searching for something to react on but its just not there...back to the point.. due to the history of OCDA, once they start this kind of talk, those who have been with them for a while start to get flashbacks... and you can bring in new coaches but the top the of mgmt. is still the same and the lack of communication and direction is still the same. to coin a phrase "the fish rots from the head"
                and yes, we are still there and we are rolling the dice and we have our eyes wide open.
                do feel sorry for any of the new folks that might still have their rose colored "going pro" glasses on...
                And that is why we did not except their roster spot. They were saying the same thing to players coming in to try out and I hope they realize their chances of pro are very slim. If I'm correct if they get a OCB contract/offer you are OC property. Just to many negatives for our son but for the top couple few players it might be a good roll of the dice.

Comment

OCB is a joke but the future plan for it is how the pyramid is supposed to work.I don't think any of the current OCB Players will ever hit the MLS Pitch. but using it as the next step is a great idea. Unfortunately you have to choose Soccer or college. My bet on my kids future is not soccer. Plus I would rather him be able to support himself and not have to room with 5 other players to survive.

Comment

OCB is a joke but the future plan for it is how the pyramid is supposed to work.I don't think any of the current OCB Players will ever hit the MLS Pitch. but using it as the next step is a great idea. Unfortunately you have to choose Soccer or college. My bet on my kids future is not soccer. Plus I would rather him be able to support himself and not have to room with 5 other players to survive.
                    **News Flash** if you want your kid to go to/play in college OCDA doesn't want you... or at least they will take you but not do anything to make that happen... we were told that 2 years ago.. and again this year. they really have no interest in getting you to a college. last year was probably the best oppty since MVA actually understood that an education was the best way to go...
                    we stayed last year, walked this year

Comment

**News Flash** if you want your kid to go to/play in college OCDA doesn't want you... or at least they will take you but not do anything to make that happen... we were told that 2 years ago.. and again this year. they really have no interest in getting you to a college. last year was probably the best oppty since MVA actually understood that an education was the best way to go...
                      we stayed last year, walked this year
                      Same with our son, we headed over to the ECNL (not OC).

Comment

Good job OC. Good message delivered last night at Academy Welcome Party.

Comment

Good job OC. Good message delivered last night at Academy Welcome Party.
                          so... was there with son and other than getting to see the stadium etc at field level, not as impressed as apparently you were. but we have been here for a while and are kinda used to the "we're gonna make you a star" spiel... don't need smoke blown up my arse. my kid wants to play here and its free... from 2 yrs back the teams are pretty much what they were pre-MVA so not seeing how anything is different as far as players... had a better record last year than from 2 years back so...

Comment

so... was there with son and other than getting to see the stadium etc at field level, not as impressed as apparently you were. but we have been here for a while and are kinda used to the "we're gonna make you a star" spiel... don't need smoke blown up my arse. my kid wants to play here and its free... from 2 yrs back the teams are pretty much what they were pre-MVA so not seeing how anything is different as far as players... had a better record last year than from 2 years back so...
                            MVA Sucked... Glad they are gone.

Comment

disagree... with how messed up OCSC is, MVA was the best hope to really get any quality players. whether they were florida kids or not, the only way you can grow an academy program is to get great players. a main way you can get strong players is to have a place for them to live, get educated and train. MVA has all of that.. in fact quite a few of the kids who had been on OCDA for the last 3-4 years now have opted to do SIMA at MVA and ditch the DA patch..
                              the OCDA standings were also better last year than previous years..
                              now that OCDA has pulled back the kids who were dropped last year, pretty soon they will go back to the worse standing of 2 yrs ago

I have a feeling you had a kid who was dropped by MVA and now picked back up by OCDA...just a feeling...

Comment

Disagree with this one as well. MV had standards and rules that have made talents like Benji Michel. Wasn't afraid to boot those who could not follow rules. Those who could not follow are the same ones bashing MV on this board and showing the toxicity that existed before. all teams qualified for the playoffs and the U19 was in the top 5 of US and top in da conf

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X