Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North East Girls Development League (NEGDL)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    thanks for confirming that they don't develop at OW
    Some kids developed and some didn't. Some it was because they didn't have the strength, speed, endurance or coordination (or just some not all of the qualities) and some didn't put in the extra work needed. I blame the club when it is their fault but cutting kids because they aren't practicing at home and putting in the extra work or they are just slow and have no endurance isn't OW's fault or any clubs fault.

But haters gotta hate. I get it.

Comment

Some kids developed and some didn't. Some it was because they didn't have the strength, speed, endurance or coordination (or just some not all of the qualities) and some didn't put in the extra work needed. I blame the club when it is their fault but cutting kids because they aren't practicing at home and putting in the extra work or they are just slow and have no endurance isn't OW's fault or any clubs fault.

Great contribution. Well written, easy to follow and hard hitting.

When you are done around stocking the shelves tomorrow, perhaps you can add some more.

Definitely OW’s target customer.

But haters gonna hate Bro!

Comment

thanks for confirming that they don't develop at OW
        They need the checks.

Comment

They need the checks.
          We all do

Comment

As another said plenty of kids drop out before high school for all kinds of reasons at OW and other clubs. CFC is the ultimate aggregator because of their structure. FSA can hide their non development on B and C teams. The move to 11v11 crushes many ulittle parent scholarship dreams, puberty doesn't go well for some kids, plenty don't work on getting better away from club practices, other activities become a stronger draw....many reasons why players either leave for a better fit or drop out of soccer altogether.

Comment

Play to whom?

All of that above (when kids drop out) is all true and fair. But each program, whether they begin at U-little, or patiently wait for the later years, ALL have to have a mandate/mission of whom their end result product is aimed at serving.

What I mean by that is that TOWN TRAVEL aims to preserve the local culture, the TOWN banner if if you will. The closeness of school friends playing outside of school together for their town. Sure competition is important, and performance feels good, but the LEAGUE is set up to preserve community, and its directives focus on that.

There are clubs out there, the private ones, the strong ones, that play only to the end result. Sure they make sacrifices here and there to draw the checks to fund it all, but by and large the training, the mandates, the mission, the focus, they play to the TALENT, and player development mission.

As you said, kids drop out, but the clubs have to play and direct their business to the kids that they anticipate will stick it out. While that science is more of an art, and likely not that successful (but still has to be done) .... this new NEGDL is an attempt to prevent leagues like the NYCSL NPL from being so absurdly top heavy in the standings (review last years).... and to find the teams that provide a good experience. Because going to this club or that club, or this town and that town, and having scores be 10-0, 8-0 each week... do nothing for anyone.

So NEGDL .... has a mission. Its well thought out, its not to much travel, and its just about to begin.

We'll see, we all hope for the best, and will react and adjust to the worst.

See you out there.....

Comment

All of that above...
                Well said.

Comment

Yea I never understand the "i have a U17..." or "my kid played D1" people who suddenly advocate only town travel. At this point, town travel is barely above AYSO level soccer. This is fine as purely recreational sports but for the few kids in a town that really want to play and improve they need to find opportunities to play with better kids. I dont think this has to happen at U9 but it does have to happen by U11 or U12. The difference in the game is so great that the two sports barely resemble each other most times. I'd have been happy if NYCSL NPL remained a viable option but that league is done. The NEGDL has a mission and hopefully they achieve it or come close.

I also agree kids drop for many reasons and I see it already. Some appear ready for the long haul but many really do not. Time will tell who can stick it out. I hope my kid can but if not then it is what it is and its really down to their own choice(s).

Comment

As another said plenty of kids drop out before high school for all kinds of reasons at OW and other clubs. CFC is the ultimate aggregator because of their structure. FSA can hide their non development on B and C teams. The move to 11v11 crushes many ulittle parent scholarship dreams, puberty doesn't go well for some kids, plenty don't work on getting better away from club practices, other activities become a stronger draw....many reasons why players either leave for a better fit or drop out of soccer altogether.
                    No FSA can't ... much of it still shows up on their A teams.

Comment

For NEGDL clubs only....

Who is looking forward to the season ahead in our new league? I AM!

LETS MAKE EVERYONE feel welcome when visiting.

All for the girls.

Comment

All for the girls.
                        The title "For NEGDL clubs only...." isn't very welcoming.....

Comment

All for the girls.
                          Check back in the spring and let us know how it went and if you're still super excited.

Comment

Hoping for the best for this new league. Definitely a couple of areas of concern but for clubs that are in the DA track this was needed as NPLs really took a hit last year.

Comment

Check back in the spring and let us know how it went and if you're still super excited.
                              Or just check back after the first NEFC beat down... those poor kids will have to travel to NY to win games 9-0.

Comment

9-0 = fantasy

Or just check back after the first NEFC beat down... those poor kids will have to travel to NY to win games 9-0.
                                11 v 11

9-0 scores don't exist. You lack the expertise of the age group migration to understand that even 4-0 is a beat down. 9.0 is a fantasy score.

And I assure you, NEFC which is a good club with a strong girls program, will get good competition in this league. Mark my words.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X