Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I guess it all depends on your definition of "value." If you want the kids to develop to achieve their full potential, then going out and dominating every team you play doesn't do a whole lot to achieve that. But I'm assuming it's a hell of an ego boost (for the kids, too).
    Some towns place teams below Anchor not because they are sandbagging but because they can't fill a roster with players competitive at that level. Other programs put their teams in Anchor only to find there are very few competitive games, suggesting that either the entire state is weak in that age group and/or top players have already moved on to clubs (not all in RI).

Comment

Some towns place teams below Anchor not because they are sandbagging but because they can't fill a roster with players competitive at that level.
      Sure, my very small town is one of them. We have five core players in my kid's age group who all play on pretty successful club teams, but there's a really big drop-off in talent after those five. If we could field an entire starting team with kids of their quality, they'd be at the top of classic gold, or whatever. Add a few competent bench players to that and you'd have an anchor team. I'm not talking about teams like that, I'm talking about teams that come out in classic blue and can run circles around everyone, even when their bench is emptied.

Comment

Plenty of talent in the state. How do you know it’s a “money grab” if you admit you don’t know anything about them?
        You honestly sound like a dbag with your “elite team” comment. Had plenty of good players at tryouts and not everyone wants to play for Bayside or NEFC...
        SO we are getting into the start of the season. Liverpool South West is the name of the RI area covering Barrington through Tiverton etc. Lots of kids for both boys and girls turning out with talent. Some new to club soccer coming from towns but very good players, some switching over from other clubs. Seeing talent on both Boys and Girls side. Some real stand out girls on 2009 and 2010. Noticed some boys that were 2009-2011 as well really good. No idea what the teams will look like since still building but I am seeing talent on both girls and boys mainly coming from Portsmouth, Tiverton, Barrington and Fall River. Will be interesting to see what happens this year.

Comment

This could probably be another whole thread, but why do you think families are choosing club anyway. Some families do club and town but others are dropping the towns. It’s because of several reasons such as lack of seriousness from players on “competitive town teams”. Lack of coaching on those teams. Constant rained out practices and poor field conditions. Lack of competition. Families are looking for opportunities for their players to get better training, coaching, competition, and fields. Liverpool is offering a club that meets those families needs in Newport, Tiverton, Westport, Portsmouth, Fall River, Bristol, Warren, Barrington in adddition to MA locations Bridgewater and Plymouth. There wasn’t anything around those areas of a higher level of training until now. Those towns, those families wanted more than town soccer they wanted year round quality training and good for them for getting something closer to home.

I think people assume because they are paying more that its that much better. My child's town team has consistently beaten (more importantly outplay) second tier premier teams like JT is putting together in Fall River. It's all about money. Look at NEP. Do you think any team in Championship division or lower can compete with a well coached, Anchor-level town team? I assure you they cannot, because the best town teams have a mix of players from top premier clubs like Bayside and NEFC, mixed with multi-sport athletes, and some good players that could easily be the star of the second-tier premier teams. I don't like the name calling, but JT is definitely in business to make money. And anyone who has really dealt with him has experienced the ego and aloofness. Too many people are falling for the allure of "premier" soccer. I wish more people would take a deep breathe and help their town programs. Town coaches are responsible for developing many of these players that rightfully move on to be on NPL level teams.

Comment

I think people assume because they are paying more that its that much better. My child's town team has consistently beaten (more importantly outplay) second tier premier teams like JT is putting together in Fall River. It's all about money. Look at NEP. Do you think any team in Championship division or lower can compete with a well coached, Anchor-level town team? I assure you they cannot, because the best town teams have a mix of players from top premier clubs like Bayside and NEFC, mixed with multi-sport athletes, and some good players that could easily be the star of the second-tier premier teams. I don't like the name calling, but JT is definitely in business to make money. And anyone who has really dealt with him has experienced the ego and aloofness. Too many people are falling for the allure of "premier" soccer. I wish more people would take a deep breathe and help their town programs. Town coaches are responsible for developing many of these players that rightfully move on to be on NPL level teams.
            Save your money as this club is a joke

Comment

Save your money as this club is a joke
              There are only a couple of these anchor teams, and those anchor teams are basically premier teams that have many club players from outside there town. They are the same players playing on different teams......what's your point?
              Really can only have respect for the anchor teams which comprise solely of there town players (since your playing in a town based league).

Comment

Well we are so happy with our kids team. Good coach and great players. We have no complaints. Our child is developing. In a thread of negativity often false remarks by competing clubs I wanted to be sure an actual paying parent was able to insert their positive experience. Whether or not JT has an ego is the least of the parents concerns. Most soccer organizations are filled with egos. But the coaches I see each week are solid. I like three that I watch each week and I know of two more that are all great. One thing I like is there professionalism. The practices are well organized and good! My kid is happy and the team is enjoying the sport. We also enjoy the parents. They aren’t screaming at their kids. No dad coaches either putting their child in more than others. I hope the fake comments above don’t deter parents from checking out this club.

Comment

Well we are so happy with our kids team. Good coach and great players. We have no complaints. Our child is developing. In a thread of negativity often false remarks by competing clubs I wanted to be sure an actual paying parent was able to insert their positive experience. Whether or not JT has an ego is the least of the parents concerns. Most soccer organizations are filled with egos. But the coaches I see each week are solid. I like three that I watch each week and I know of two more that are all great. One thing I like is there professionalism. The practices are well organized and good! My kid is happy and the team is enjoying the sport. We also enjoy the parents. They aren’t screaming at their kids. No dad coaches either putting their child in more than others. I hope the fake comments above don’t deter parents from checking out this club.
                  Really? You’re going with the “fake” comments line. Just because you don’t agree with others comments doesn’t make them fake. We get enough of that BS every day on the news. In my experience JT is a dishonest, greedy guy who does not develop good soccer players. I see a common theme with kids that he has coached 5+ years. They have little technical skill. It’s all about kick and run which will win a bunch of games in youth soccer but they are not developed technically or tactically. If your kid is having fun and you have a spare 2 grand/yr by all means stay there. If you are interested in the best soccer program to develop your kid look elsewhere. Don’t discredit others views as fake.

Comment

Really? You’re going with the “fake” comments line. Just because you don’t agree with others comments doesn’t make them fake. We get enough of that BS every day on the news. In my experience JT is a dishonest, greedy guy who does not develop good soccer players. I see a common theme with kids that he has coached 5+ years. They have little technical skill. It’s all about kick and run which will win a bunch of games in youth soccer but they are not developed technically or tactically. If your kid is having fun and you have a spare 2 grand/yr by all means stay there. If you are interested in the best soccer program to develop your kid look elsewhere. Don’t discredit others views as fake.
                    JT is coaching maybe one team. If you have a problem with JT that is one thing. But JT is not the entire organization. He is the director of SW but it’s a much greater organization with solid coaching. The problem here is that someone who is upset with JT for whatever their reason is not considering all of the wonderful coaches, athletes and families that are the bulk of the organization. Our kids coach is great. Other coaches also great. No it’s obviously not all about fun but the kids do quit when they have the wrong coach or it’s no longer fun. So before a person puts down the whole organization for personal issues with JT know there are many many happy families that are watching their kids develop in a healthy way. There is no kick and run happening with the coaches I’ve watched.

Comment

bunch of cowboys

Comment

Dont waste your time or money, join Bayside FC their club culture is amazing

Comment

Well as usual a thread meant to help parents has been trolled by people who are out to bash Liverpool, JT, or club soccer. Liverpool has been a great experience. We are getting great coaching. The smaller teams and quality practices are meaning lots of individual development. JT has been professional and accommodating to work with as a regional director. So coming from a parent I would recommend Liverpool over any other club. We have not been disappointed. We will not be going anywhere else. I really wish that people who have zero experience with a club and do not have a child on a Liverpool team would stay off the thread. It makes for a nasty my club is better than yours which it not helpful. I have had bad experiences with another club but I don’t mention it. We are here to help each other not trash those we have no real experience with. It’s extremely immature and not at all helpful.

Comment

Well as usual a thread meant to help parents has been trolled by people who are out to bash Liverpool, JT, or club soccer. Liverpool has been a great experience. We are getting great coaching. The smaller teams and quality practices are meaning lots of individual development. JT has been professional and accommodating to work with as a regional director. So coming from a parent I would recommend Liverpool over any other club. We have not been disappointed. We will not be going anywhere else. I really wish that people who have zero experience with a club and do not have a child on a Liverpool team would stay off the thread. It makes for a nasty my club is better than yours which it not helpful. I have had bad experiences with another club but I don’t mention it. We are here to help each other not trash those we have no real experience with. It’s extremely immature and not at all helpful.
                            Although critical comments sometimes (usually?) descend into trolling, it might be helpful to other readers if you could give some idea why you feel Liverpool is better than your other club (i.e., what is it doing well that your other club wasn't)?

Comment

Although critical comments sometimes (usually?) descend into trolling, it might be helpful to other readers if you could give some idea why you feel Liverpool is better than your other club (i.e., what is it doing well that your other club wasn't)?
                              Sadly, I think that is where the club bashing begins, talking negatively about the other clubs. I think every club has its pros and cons, whether is coaching, communication, logistics, costs. I don't think it is helpful to mention the bad experiences on a three that started when a parent was asking about what people knew about a clubs new region. It seems its best to stay on that point. Give the parent real authentic experiences they have had with the club. From reading this thread it went from people giving solid information to bashing of the Regional Director, the Organization and name calling... Cowboys? really?
                              But to answer your question, I feel in our situation in particular we get really good quality training opportunities. Collectively the parents on the three teams I connect with are very happy with the coaching too. I see these players developing and coming together as a team. It impresses all of us since the three teams over here in the SW are all new, just learning each others skill set. One team is undefeated, one team has won some and lost some, and the other team is just starting to win, however the winning every game wasn't the goal first year in the SW, it was about developing solid players. They are doing just that. These kids are also getting lots of touches on the ball, lots of foot skill practice. So instead of me adding to the bashing of another club that just didn't work for us, I think it's better to share what we like and why we are staying with this club in the midst of the messages that are so off the main point of this thread. I see that others want to promote their own clubs. I think you should if you are happy, But create an new thread about your club. (And let's be honest, all clubs have good coaches and bad. So my advice to others who are looking for info is to practice with a few clubs and get a feel for the coaches, because at our old club we had some amazing coaches, but our coach was not the right fit so that was that.)

Comment

Sadly, I think that is where the club bashing begins, talking negatively about the other clubs. I think every club has its pros and cons, whether is coaching, communication, logistics, costs. I don't think it is helpful to mention the bad experiences on a three that started when a parent was asking about what people knew about a clubs new region. It seems its best to stay on that point. Give the parent real authentic experiences they have had with the club. From reading this thread it went from people giving solid information to bashing of the Regional Director, the Organization and name calling... Cowboys? really?
                                But to answer your question, I feel in our situation in particular we get really good quality training opportunities. Collectively the parents on the three teams I connect with are very happy with the coaching too. I see these players developing and coming together as a team. It impresses all of us since the three teams over here in the SW are all new, just learning each others skill set. One team is undefeated, one team has won some and lost some, and the other team is just starting to win, however the winning every game wasn't the goal first year in the SW, it was about developing solid players. They are doing just that. These kids are also getting lots of touches on the ball, lots of foot skill practice. So instead of me adding to the bashing of another club that just didn't work for us, I think it's better to share what we like and why we are staying with this club in the midst of the messages that are so off the main point of this thread. I see that others want to promote their own clubs. I think you should if you are happy, But create an new thread about your club. (And let's be honest, all clubs have good coaches and bad. So my advice to others who are looking for info is to practice with a few clubs and get a feel for the coaches, because at our old club we had some amazing coaches, but our coach was not the right fit so that was that.)
                                This response applies to all the clubs --- If you are placing teams in League 1 or League 2 divisions, then that is not premier level competition. You should charge less or have a development academy. That is a money grab!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X