Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How about representing your state? Playing against other state teams. There is an excitement there. Like high school rivalries. It’s about the GLORY and BRAGGING RIGHTS.

It’s not just about your club....

It’s a mindset. You can play club AND represent your state/region.

Let your kid be happy, in the now. College is later...it will come...
    Yes, I suppose if you or your kid needs that type of community validation and a way to lesson their insecurities, I suppose that's a reason. An expensive reason and redundant, but a reason nonetheless....

Comment

Yes, I suppose if you or your kid needs that type of community validation and a way to lesson their insecurities, I suppose that's a reason. An expensive reason and redundant, but a reason nonetheless....
      Actually, not expensive at all.
      And, not even redundant because you can pick up different tips with other coaches. My kid is always learning.

Comment

Either you are un-American or you never played high school sports and won an award that mattered.

Go get your participation trophy and don’t melt in the sun you snowflake!

It’s about the winning at some point. Stop saying development. Losers develop, winners look for glory!

Comment

Either you are un-American or you never played high school sports and won an award that mattered.

Go get your participation trophy and don’t melt in the sun you snowflake!

It’s about the winning at some point. Stop saying development. Losers develop, winners look for glory!
          Only in my hs HOF and played in NCAA's in college; not that you would understand any of that. In my day, there were no participation trophies. But I am sure you won an award for those easy bake oven cookies.

Winners always up their game in development. It's how you continue to win not that you would know that either.

Comment

Go back to the MFA page DB.

Comment

My D tells me that at her club the soccer is far superior, but at high school there is far more desire to win. It appears that representing her HS is more important to her than representing her club. Not sure it's about community validation, but rather more about school spirit?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X