Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bend Premier Cup

This would be a great tournament to play in--a beautiful location, far nicer than Harmony or various fields scattered around Beaverton, or the prison yard.

ONLY if it weren't held the same weekend as ODP tryouts.

But since it is held during ODP weekend, it's essentially a bronze-level tournament at U14 and above, unless the organizers can attract out-of-state teams (whose state ODP programs are in a different tryout schedule) to come and play.

Which is too bad--I'd love to have an excuse to go visit Bend in the summertime. (Weekend OYSA games in November or February, not so much).

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This would be a great tournament to play in--a beautiful location, far nicer than Harmony or various fields scattered around Beaverton, or the prison yard.

But since it is held during ODP weekend, it's essentially a bronze-level tournament at U14 and above, unless the organizers can attract out-of-state teams (whose state ODP programs are in a different tryout schedule) to come and play.

Which is too bad--I'd love to have an excuse to go visit Bend in the summertime. (Weekend OYSA games in November or February, not so much).
    And yes, I'm well aware that the ODP tryouts are at the prison yard...

Comment

ODP still exists???

Comment

The people who run ODP are the same snake oil salesmen who promised the TA clubs that joining an alliance would ensure a fair place at the table for non Portland clubs. There is absolutely no reason ODP tryouts have to be the same weekend as Bend Tournament. Bend Timbers, on the other hand, are locked into this weekend due to other events going on in Bend that limit hotel availability. The Bend club is doing good things in their community, building new fields and growing the sport. When Eastside and Wash Timbers do this we are all supposed to cheer and (in the case of Eastside) happily help pay for their field with an unprecedented parking fee for league games. But when Bend does the same thing ODP tries to undercut their biggest fundraising event and sends out snarky (unsolicited) spam emails about it.

And all that being said my kid (and our family) has way more fun at Bend tournament than she ever did doing ODP and listening to a thorns academy sales pitch all year.

Comment

Bronze

Why can’t Bend just be a bronze tournament? It is a great time we have done it many times.

My kid isn’t going to play college soccer most likely will go to a community college and state university and get a degree. Much better than playing D3 or any private school with a Partial scholarship and graduating with a ton of debt

That is the reality of premier level soccer. Pay a bunch of money to pay even more at the next level

Comment

Whatever idiot that keeps ID tournaments based on gold silver bronze platinum is a joke.

Who really gives a crap as long as the teams who sign up are playing against teams they are a good fit against.

I’ve seen families pay 1k per player to go to a tournament that was rained out or be an Ecnl team and get destroyed 7-0 every game.

Seriously Bend sounds like a better idea that those retards.

Comment

Whatever idiot that keeps ID tournaments based on gold silver bronze platinum is a joke.

Who really gives a crap as long as the teams who sign up are playing against teams they are a good fit against.

I’ve seen families pay 1k per player to go to a tournament that was rained out or be an Ecnl team and get destroyed 7-0 every game.

Seriously Bend sounds like a better idea that those retards.
              Oh yay, someone calling people retards..

Shouldn’t you be at a trump klan rally instead of on here wasting our time?

Comment

Oh yay, someone calling people retards..

Shouldn’t you be at a trump klan rally instead of on here wasting our time?

1 in mllion make it, you won't either and your not special. Shut up and let people enjoy the game.

Comment

1 in mllion make it, you won't either and your not special. Shut up and let people enjoy the game.
                  You’re *

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X