Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our best youth players play in Europe and not DA or this new league. DA and this new league is just another reason for dumb rich white people to live vicariously through the children.
    Our best play im europe? Really? Theere is a mass exudos of kids leaving....are they being recruited ? Or people just have extra cash to set them up over there ? Lol what planet is that blogger from?

Comment

The DA is the best quality, top to bottom, in boys youth soccer. But there are still quality clubs and teams looking for consistent, quality games. Even the DA will not argue that there are good players not in the DA. Some want to play HS, some don't have DA options, and some are just ignorant of the different levels.

What the ENPL will do is have standards that are high from everything from fields, administration, etc. Outside the DA, the accountability of this is hit or miss. The ENPL will also put on first class events. The players will feel important (go to any ENCL event). College coaches will come if the quality is there. Chances are there will be enough to get schools interested in attending.

The USSF really wont care because the ENPL will being doing the dirty work for them. Getting the league to the MLS clubs and the major market clubs.

St. Louis will be a interesting place to see how this will take off. High School soccer is not only enormously popular, but it is also at a fairly high level. My guess is a lot of kids will choose HS soccer and ENPL over the DA.

Comment

The DA is the best quality, top to bottom, in boys youth soccer. But there are still quality clubs and teams looking for consistent, quality games. Even the DA will not argue that there are good players not in the DA. Some want to play HS, some don't have DA options, and some are just ignorant of the different levels.

What the ENPL will do is have standards that are high from everything from fields, administration, etc. Outside the DA, the accountability of this is hit or miss. The ENPL will also put on first class events. The players will feel important (go to any ENCL event). College coaches will come if the quality is there. Chances are there will be enough to get schools interested in attending.

The USSF really wont care because the ENPL will being doing the dirty work for them. Getting the league to the MLS clubs and the major market clubs.

St. Louis will be a interesting place to see how this will take off. High School soccer is not only enormously popular, but it is also at a fairly high level. My guess is a lot of kids will choose HS soccer and ENPL over the DA.
        I agree - being able to play school ball will be a HUGE selling point- I wish ecnl nothing but the best

Comment

Our best play im europe? Really? Theere is a mass exudos of kids leaving....are they being recruited ? Or people just have extra cash to set them up over there ? Lol what planet is that blogger from?
          Anyone that tells you their player is playing in Europe they are checkbook players. Unless you can get an EU passport you can not play for a European club under 18. Once you are 18 you can not play in many countries because of work permit rules. There are very few exceptions and if the player was one of those they would be on the National team.

Comment

I agree - being able to play school ball will be a HUGE selling point- I wish ecnl nothing but the best
            The boys ECNL will be available at elite clubs without DA.

Comment

Oh wow, Boy's ECNL!!!!

Yawn.

Comment

Been involved with DA for 4 years I just do not drink the Koolaid. My son is going to GT in fall sorry no D1 soccer there. Guess he wasted a roster spot for another play to get looks from a 3rd tier educational institution.

Do not forget the average men's soccer scholarship is $3500.00. The rest if any comes from merit scholarships that you can get without playing sports.

Drink the Koolaid and enjoy the ride. All you did was prove my point DA is the best soccer marketing system in the country. The scouts come because they are inherently lazy and why not see 10 quality teams at a time vs the 1 or two you may see at a no DA tournament.

It is all about the marketing. Sorry if the facts hurt but they are the facts.
                My GT kid is smarter than YOUR GT kid and we did not waste our time in the DA like you did so what's the good word? add your name to that as well...pretentious idiot.

Comment

Our best youth players play in Europe and not DA or this new league. DA and this new league is just another reason for dumb rich white people to live vicariously through the children.
                  1000% true

Comment

My GT kid is smarter than YOUR GT kid and we did not waste our time in the DA like you did so what's the good word? add your name to that as well...pretentious idiot.
                    No worries they will have fun at GT together. Mine on a free ride because of his demographic. Good luck to you.

Comment

Options are good, especially when DA really only serves a small number of players as it was intended.
                      Very good point!

Comment

yawn.....this is just a retreaded NPL. It will amount to nothing.

Comment

yawn.....this is just a retreaded NPL. It will amount to nothing.
                          1000% true!

All this is, is a feeble attempt by US Club to get back at US Soccer for starting a girl's DA next year. I do enjoy laughing at the DA haters thinking that this will be the best thing since sliced bread though. Anything to make themselves feel better after their kid didn't make the DA team!

Comment

1000% true!

All this is, is a feeble attempt by US Club to get back at US Soccer for starting a girl's DA next year. I do enjoy laughing at the DA haters thinking that this will be the best thing since sliced bread though. Anything to make themselves feel better after their kid didn't make the DA team!
                            The funniest thing is anyone cares about any league. Each has its pros and cons. Children will fail in whatever league they are in. The soon you teach your child to deal with failure the better they will become.

I forgot children are not allowed to fail anymore. Here is you ice cream and participation trophy.

Until a coach is allowed to tell a player they to do not have what it takes to play at the level needed none of the leagues will be successful.

That include DA, ENCL,NPL or whatever top club team you play on. Why do coaches carry dead wood on the bench?

At least in DA they are guaranteed some playing time. I thought only rec guaranteed playing time??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X