Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think the ever so wise parents should select the team, coach the team, and reap the rewards of their overwhelming knowledge. I mean...all of us parents must be experts because we are taught by social media that everything we do is important and we are the stars of our own feed so we must know best. What you should do is actually tell your kids teachers how to teach. You should really be telling your doctor how to diagnose, and tell your kids soccer coach who to choose and how to coach.

Hey, and once you parents choose the team, you can then handle the non starters parents who tell you that their kid should be starting because.....well.... because they are also omniscient and know for a fact that whoever picked the team or starters is an idiot because THEIR kid should be starting. Then, you should all quit and go to another club because some other club will sort this out right after you tell the new club who should be picked and who should be starting because.......well, theory proved I suppose.
    Or maybe since parents spend $1500 a year plus tournament fees, coaches fees, uniforms, travel and other expenses, not to mention time on traveling back and forth to practices and games, the coaches might just accept that dealing with parents is part of their job and learn the communication skills necessary to manage theses situations respectfully and professionally, instead of posting these amusing but nonproductive posts on TS or heaven forbid respond with some passive-aggressive act against the kids or family.

Comment

...I still think when this all began that if they knew these supposed non-profit clubs were going to be taking part in best ways to make money for those connected to the club they never would have granted them non-profit status or allowed them free or cheap access to community fields. If they had to pay what for profit groups pay to use fields at parks and schools, and then had to pay taxes etc the cost to play at a club would be so high almost nobody would play and we would be back to small commuity sports clubs, and school sports which are virtually free for the players and would be the main avenue to get to the next level. Problem is the entitled parent of today does not want that for their kid. They are good with the deck being stacked based on money because they have that. My kid's 25K a year private school could never compete against a public school so we need to change the rules.
      Non-profit youth soccer clubs do pay (and not at any cheap rate) to use fields. (Our club is required to pay for all mowing, seeding, fertilizing, replanting, watering, electricity, lighting, insurance and other expenses associated with the fields and the governmental entity which owns, and also makes use of, those fields makes no contribution toward those expenses) and school soccer coaches and athletic directors are also paid and, for property owners who pay property taxes, public school soccer is not virtually free.

Those who believe that non-profit youth soccer clubs are making their best efforts to make money for those connected to the club and are paying DOCs, coaches and staff more than the market requires to keep them from leaving for other clubs are simply wrong.

Comment

Or maybe since parents spend $1500 a year plus tournament fees, coaches fees, uniforms, travel and other expenses, not to mention time on traveling back and forth to practices and games, the coaches might just accept that dealing with parents is part of their job and learn the communication skills necessary to manage theses situations respectfully and professionally, instead of posting these amusing but nonproductive posts on TS or heaven forbid respond with some passive-aggressive act against the kids or family.
        very well stated.

Comment

Coaches love parents right before tryouts and especially the parents who might know two or three good kids from another club that can come over. That parent then loves it because they now have leverage over the coach because they don't represent one kid on the team but maybe 3 or 4. Also it is not just kids that leave clubs each season, look how many coaches leave and go to another club in the same are each season.

I still think when this all began that if they knew these supposed non-profit clubs were going to be taking part in best ways to make money for those connected to the club they never would have granted them non-profit status or allowed them free or cheap access to community fields. If they had to pay what for profit groups pay to use fields at parks and schools, and then had to pay taxes etc the cost to play at a club would be so high almost nobody would play and we would be back to small commuity sports clubs, and school sports which are virtually free for the players and would be the main avenue to get to the next level. Problem is the entitled parent of today does not want that for their kid. They are good with the deck being stacked based on money because they have that. My kid's 25K a year private school could never compete against a public school so we need to change the rules.
          You must know our team mom. She rules the coach and team. She held the introductory team parent meeting and the coach was not even there to introduce himself to the new parents.

Comment

I think the ever so wise parents should select the team, coach the team, and reap the rewards of their overwhelming knowledge. I mean...all of us parents must be experts because we are taught by social media that everything we do is important and we are the stars of our own feed so we must know best. What you should do is actually tell your kids teachers how to teach. You should really be telling your doctor how to diagnose, and tell your kids soccer coach who to choose and how to coach.

Hey, and once you parents choose the team, you can then handle the non starters parents who tell you that their kid should be starting because.....well.... because they are also omniscient and know for a fact that whoever picked the team or starters is an idiot because THEIR kid should be starting. Then, you should all quit and go to another club because some other club will sort this out right after you tell the new club who should be picked and who should be starting because.......well, theory proved I suppose.
            Dan Borislow "Mr. Majic Jack" did this. He was a parent that recruited a team of girls for his daughter to play soccer with. They won a couple state championships...

Comment

Dan Borislow "Mr. Majic Jack" did this. He was a parent that recruited a team of girls for his daughter to play soccer with. They won a couple state championships...
              When a dad or mom rule the team, the player will always have a place along with "friends".

Comment

Do you know the coach who says don't tell me how to do my job and I won't tell you how to do your job? The difference is the coach is working with our kid and we are paying. The parents don't have a job dealing with the coach or his/her kids.

Comment

Do you know the coach who says don't tell me how to do my job and I won't tell you how to do your job? The difference is the coach is working with our kid and we are paying. The parents don't have a job dealing with the coach or his/her kids.
                  Even though I've never heard a coach say that, he or she would be right. Parent property taxes pay for public high schools, parents pay tuition for private high schools and parents generally pay for those portions of college tuition, fees and room and board that aren't covered by academic and athletic scholarships. Nonetheless, if parents tell high school and college coaches how to do their jobs, their children will soon lose their roster spots and the same should be true for youth sports.

Comment

Even though I've never heard a coach say that, he or she would be right. Parent property taxes pay for public high schools, parents pay tuition for private high schools and parents generally pay for those portions of college tuition, fees and room and board that aren't covered by academic and athletic scholarships. Nonetheless, if parents tell high school and college coaches how to do their jobs, their children will soon lose their roster spots and the same should be true for youth sports.
                    Try Partnership in Education and Youth Spirts. Not telling anyone what to do but how to work together as a team in the best interest of the players and the team. It should not be ME the coach and ME the director and ME the parents. Clubs get along much better when parents help on boards, manage teams, give their input and ideas, and have a voice.

Comment

Maybe you should just let the coach....coach.
                      If a parent wanted to coach then they should be a coach.
                      Then they would deal with the parents trying to tell them how to coach. Catch 22.

No one wins when parents try to tell everyone how to do everything. Especially when they have no qualifications.. Its more like MY KID>>>>>>>>that's counter productive.

No coach in their right mind would start players that didn't deserve it.

So I guess all coaches MUST be out of their mind, because parents always know best and coaches couldn't possible know anything.

Makes me wonder why any coach has a coaching job if they don't know anything?

Comment

Non Profit explain how a non profit club allows coaches to pay DOC on the side for privet training on a large scale ! Not is the bi-laws or club documents ! Club fundraisers cash not accounting ! Team managers allowing kids practicing with coaches but not registered with the the club for fee ? Now non profit becomes third wold

Comment

Maybe you should just let the coach....coach.
                          If a parent wanted to coach then they should be a coach.
                          Then they would deal with the parents trying to tell them how to coach. Catch 22.

No one wins when parents try to tell everyone how to do everything. Especially when they have no qualifications.. Its more like MY KID>>>>>>>>that's counter productive.

No coach in their right mind would start players that didn't deserve it.

So I guess all coaches MUST be out of their mind, because parents always know best and coaches couldn't possible know anything.

Makes me wonder why any coach has a coaching job if they don't know anything?
                          Coaches give advice but listening is good quality. What if a coach said, let's fly to LA for a showcase where the starters will not always start?

Comment

We hate parent coaches that have there own kid on the team they coach it's a joke! We pay money to play in a fair environment but we will never feel it's fair so why even allow it !

I suggest everyone try it first and you will agree it's not fun !

Comment

Non Profit explain how a non profit club allows coaches to pay DOC on the side for privet training on a large scale ! Not is the bi-laws or club documents ! Club fundraisers cash not accounting ! Team managers allowing kids practicing with coaches but not registered with the the club for fee ? Now non profit becomes third wold
                              The CEO of the American Red Cross makes millions and it is non-profit. Non-profit does not mean the people involved do not make money.

Comment

A lot of utilities are non-profit. Do you think that means everyone who works for that company is not getting paid? They work for free and volunteer their services?

You clearly have no idea what a non-profit organization is. Just admit that they don't have anything similar in your country so you don't understand and let's move on.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X